Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Childish Logic
Trent
ayvee1
fluffy_kittens
Jord
George
Kuled
Forest
Gegilworld93
ResurrectionRooney
Jordi
Sean
GK01
17 posters

The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within]

GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within] Empty The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within]

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 am

Well The-Playmaker Podcast seemed to be a success amongst the forum, but it however failed due to me being Australian and Royal leaving. However after talking to Mal, we've agreed it would be good to bring the podcast back, so well here we are. I'm not going to be on the podcast this time, I'll be working behind the scenes mostly, to organize it, record etc., everything will then be handed over to new host Jordi. I've already talked to Chris and he shall be back on it as well, so now we're just looking for more people who are interested on being on the podcast.

So express your interest here, and tell us why you'd be a good match with The-Playmaker Podcast.
    Sean

The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within] Empty Re: The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within]

Post by Sean Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:57 am

I wish you the best of luck, I have fine memories of the show even though no one could ever understand me shifty
    Anonymous

The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within] Empty Re: The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within]

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:57 am

i wouldnt be very good on it, but I could just offer opinions on some matters. I would be interested though Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:59 am

Gatsby wrote:I wish you the best of luck, I have fine memories of the show even though no one could ever understand me shifty
    Sorry, could you repeat that Sean? The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within] 3925848005
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 am

Do I have to stay on topic?
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:02 am

Glen Damon wrote:Do I have to stay on topic?

To be honest everyone will eventually ramble off topic I'd guess, as long as it stays around what the question was I guess Laughing

I mean how did Chris end up calling Phil Jones a fish? Laughing

@Sean - Thanks man, was always a pleasure having you on. Plus you were on the first ever episode weren't you?
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:03 am

Ed wrote:i wouldnt be very good on it, but I could just offer opinions on some matters. I would be interested though Razz

As long as you're able to talk about the topics/matches, you should be fine. It's rather fun to do, you'll grow in confidence as well.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:05 am

Yea, it was my idea Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:06 am

Gatsby wrote:Yea, it was my idea Very Happy
    Self centered, arrogant...we do not want these qualities on the podcast.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:07 am

Wooo I get to host.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:07 am

I'm not applying Glen, I just wish the project the best of luck Very Happy
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 am

Jordi wrote:Wooo I get to host.

You were the first person that came to mind for hosting.

Mainly because your voice suits it shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 am

If you're doing it for God's sake do a bit of editing. The last one was completely boring because it was just a recording of 3 guys rambling on for an hour. At least 30 minutes of it should have been chopped.

Also, set out beforehand what you're going to be talking about the day before you have it.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 am

Jordis hosting?

canfaptothatvoice/10

Last edited by Ed on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 am

You have Sam's masculine deep voice and australian accent to live upto. study
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:09 am

Hashem should do it, likes to talk a lot and he's quite knowledgeable

Edit: Hashem=bat-man
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:09 am

Chris wrote:
    You have Sam's masculine deep voice and australian accent to live upto. study
    You can have a soft, southern English voice to listen to this time. alee2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:10 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Hashem should do it, likes to talk a lot and he's quite knowledgeable

Edit: Hashem=bat-man
    he only knows about FM Alee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 am

Just did a test with Jordi and he sounds like somebody off a saturday morning show.

He shall be a good host.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If you're doing it for God's sake do a bit of editing. The last one was completely boring because it was just a recording of 3 guys rambling on for an hour. At least 30 minutes of it should have been chopped.

Also, set out beforehand what you're going to be talking about the day before you have it.

Ok RR.

First off yes the editing and recording last time out was horrendous, Royal left us after an episode he was our editor, none of knew how to do it. Firstly this time around the recording will come through my soundcard (better quality) since I don't have to speak. Secondly this gives me more time to edit as well, because I'm not staying up all night on the podcast, so I'm able to edit. It will either be that, or I'll send that file to Chris who has knowledge in editing.

And yes for the first few episodes we did that, they were our best episodes, however again down to no-bodys fault but my own I kept forgetting to do it, and would rush it on that night, will be more planned out this time, especially since if I'm unable to do it, we have other people.

Also regarding Hashem, I haven't had a chance to talk to him, but he is a possibility.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 am

Best advice I could give is for the people talking to have some sort of emotion in their voice, rather than speak in a constant, flat and miserable tone shifty
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 am

Forest wrote:Best advice I could give is for the people talking to have some sort of emotion in their voice, rather than speak in a constant, flat and miserable tone shifty
    Chipmunk voice editor could work hehe
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:32 am

Forest wrote:Best advice I could give is for the people talking to have some sort of emotion in their voice, rather than speak in a constant, flat and miserable tone shifty

I was doing it in the early hours of the morning give me a break -_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:36 am

its bad enough reading some of your guys posts, who the fuck wants to listen to you guys lol
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:38 am

ViVaRooney wrote:its bad enough reading some of your guys posts, who the fuck wants to listen to you guys lol

lol
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:40 am

The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within] Pot-kettle
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:42 am

As a fan of football podcasts, I will listen to your work.
    Should be interesting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:42 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within] Pot-kettle
    Who drew that? I like his style. clap
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:49 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The-Playmaker Podcast [Apply Within] Pot-kettle
    Fucking pwned VivaRooney rofl
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 am

I'll join. How does it work though? Skype?

My Northerness should bring a spice to show and with Jordi as the host it should be good fun. He's a good chat on Xbox Live What a Face

Last edited by Jord on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:32 am