Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
LFC_Grunners
ResurrectionRooney
Steadman
Van Wolfswinkel
Mouse
9 posters

Enrique being urged to apply for English Citizenship

Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Enrique being urged to apply for English Citizenship Empty Enrique being urged to apply for English Citizenship

Post by Mouse Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:58 am

Some team-mates have told me to apply for British citizenship but I’m not thinking about doing that because I’m Spanish and I’ll either play for Spain or nobody.
    'I want to play for Spain. Playing for a club like Liverpool makes you think you’ll have more chance of representing your country but it is Vicente del Bosque who decides and I just have to focus on playing well for my club.’

In form: Enrique has enjoyed excellent form since he joined the Reds
    Enrique has received plenty of plaudits from Anfield about his performances for his new club and is proud of some recent good results against Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea.
    He also feels there is more to come from Kenny Dalglish’s team.
    ‘We’ve gone a year-and-a-half without losing to the Premier League’s big four teams. We’re doing OK but we can be better. Liverpool should be aspiring to be in the Champions League.
    'Winning the Premier League is difficult because there are so many strong teams but you can see now that the ones playing in the Champions League are suffering a bit. We are going to try to take advantage of that.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2068122/Jose-Enrique-urged-Liverpool-players-play-England.html#ixzz1fD0Y0nXf
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Enrique being urged to apply for English Citizenship Empty Re: Enrique being urged to apply for English Citizenship

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:04 am

Said for a while I have no idea why he doesn't get into the Spain squad. No doubt would get overlooked by England anyway because of Cole.

Last edited by Sammys_Tekkers on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Enrique being urged to apply for English Citizenship Empty Re: Enrique being urged to apply for English Citizenship

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:04 am

I doubt that'll happen.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:05 am

I'd have A.Cole and Baines over him anyway.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:09 am

Mc Babel wrote:
    ‘We’ve gone a year-and-a-half without losing to the Premier League’s big four teams. We’re doing OK but we can be better. Liverpool should be aspiring to be in the Champions League.

Maybe on Football Manager

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:10 am

Steadman wrote:I'd have A.Cole and Baines over him anyway.

I would have Baines over him.

Not to sure about Cole.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:12 am

I wouldn't feel right having a Spanish reject play for us anyway.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:13 am

He's not really being urged by anyone important now is he? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:13 am

Enrique > Baines and Cole put together.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 am

kyro7 wrote:Enrique > Baines and Cole put together.

KIDS. This is why smoking crack is bad for you.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 am

Another thing, anyone who has urged him to apply for English citizenship is an idiot, because there's no such thing. He could apply for British citizenship though, which may entitle him to play for any of the home nations.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:37 am

Like Almunia then Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:40 am

Didn't lose to the big 4 eh? Spurs 4-0 whistle

They will win the league so can't say they're out of it shifty
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:49 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Enrique > Baines and Cole put together.

KIDS. This is why smoking crack is bad for you.

Would say he's better than both tbh, not put together though of course Razz
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:27 am

There is no rush he will be in the Spain squad eventually.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:27 pm