Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Jorlung
Paulinho
Zzonked
Weather130
Lux
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
MickStupp
Theo Filippo
Kuled
VivaRonaldoLAD
14 posters

What's happening to Spanish Football?

Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

What's happening to Spanish Football? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happening to Spanish Football?

Post by Grenade Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:19 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Sam, that's the order if you look over the past 5 seasons. The one I posted is the same exact list, but I sorted it by the coefficient of just this season (2011-12).

EDIT: Ninja'd

I don't get it, how come Liverpool are 11th then scratch
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

What's happening to Spanish Football? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happening to Spanish Football?

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:26 pm

GK01 wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:There is no manipulation about it. The thread is about the decline of Spanish football, even though Spain has been on the rise in general this season while England is on the decline. The graphic I posted proves that.

Well it kind of was because you didn't say from the outset, and just said 4 Spanish teams in the top 6. What's happening to Spanish Football? - Page 2 279869

It doesn't have to be about the decline of Spanish football. The op simply asked "what's happening to Spanish football?" If the answer is "it's getting better," then good.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Grenade wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:Sam, that's the order if you look over the past 5 seasons. The one I posted is the same exact list, but I sorted it by the coefficient of just this season (2011-12).

2007 - Final
    2008 - semi final
    2009 - quarter final
    2010 - group stage, semi final europa
    2011 - last 16 europa
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 pm

That list is bullshit. Europa gets you too many points....outlined by how last 8 teams in the Champions league have scored less than some who are in Europa Semis?......

Also where the hell is APOEL?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Lux wrote:

That list is bullshit. Europa gets you too many points....outlined by how last 8 teams in the Champions league have scored less than some who are in Europa Semis?......

Apoel Nicosia the team who made it to the last 8 of the champions league and beat Lyon...
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:Apoel Nicosia the team who made it to the last 8 of the champions league and beat Lyon...

Yes are you kidding me

Where are they on this years co-efficient?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 pm

I read it as 'who' for some reason.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:04 pm

They're 14th because in spite of their deep run, they actually only won 3 games in the entire competition.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:10 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:They're 14th because in spite of their deep run, they actually only won 3 games in the entire competition.

Pretty much sums up how bad the system is.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Here's an explanation of the calculations: http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calc.html

It actually seems quite fair to me.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

2007 - Final
    2008 - semi final
    2009 - quarter final
    2011 - last 16 europa
    Sorry I mean why are Liverpool on the list, if its for this season. Kinda confusing What's happening to Spanish Football? - Page 2 214775
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Grenade wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:2007 - Final
    2008 - semi final
    2009 - quarter final
    2011 - last 16 europa
    Sorry I mean why are Liverpool on the list, if its for this season. Kinda confusing What's happening to Spanish Football? - Page 2 214775

That's their aggregate coefficient as of now (i.e. the total from the last 5 seasons).
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:04 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

That's their aggregate coefficient as of now (i.e. the total from the last 5 seasons).
    Yeah, it's the reason Scotland's coefficient will plummet, since this was the last year that included 07/08 season. The system seems fine to me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Grenade wrote:

facepalm
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:15 am

Spanish football is fine, top clubs, top players, top national team, top managers -- s'all good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 am

Lux wrote:

England is ahead in the coefficients and people point to it. Spain jumps them and now it's a shit list. Laughing

English clubs were shit in general; CL or Europa League.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:53 pm