Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Weather130
Mustangt125
ConorCelticFC
Gegilworld93
Cadbury
ShakerMatty
coolhead33
Grenade
12 posters

Worst case of football hooliganism in Britain?

Mal
    Mal

Worst case of football hooliganism in Britain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst case of football hooliganism in Britain?

Post by Mal Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:42 am

Actually it might not be you... My bad.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Worst case of football hooliganism in Britain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst case of football hooliganism in Britain?

Post by MickStupp Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:43 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

Holy shit. Expected it to be related to Milwall.

Fucking SPL fans Worst case of football hooliganism in Britain? - Page 2 58503

Why tarnish the rest of us by saying 'SPL fans?' They're fucking Rangers fans. When Celtic got to a European final did we trash Seville? No, we won a FIFA fair play award for good behaviour.
    Why tarnish the rest of us fucking Rangers fans? There were 54 (if I remember correctly) people wanted by police after that night, out of thousands of good-spirited people. It's still one of the worst riots football in Britain has seen but stop being such a bigot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:54 am

MickStupp wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Why tarnish the rest of us by saying 'SPL fans?' They're fucking Rangers fans. When Celtic got to a European final did we trash Seville? No, we won a FIFA fair play award for good behaviour.
    Why tarnish the rest of us fucking Rangers fans? There were 54 (if I remember correctly) people wanted by police after that night, out of thousands of good-spirited people. It's still one of the worst riots football in Britain has seen but stop being such a bigot.

Oh, please. There is clearly a whole load more than 54 in this video, try thousands

ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:53 pm

MickStupp wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

What a strange comment. 54 people? Bigot? Laughing

You should be ashamed of your fanbase, not wash your hands of it's atrocities.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:32 pm

coolhead33 wrote:The worst I've seen was vs scum this season where things were being thrown at them. I almost got killed by a police horse galloping down the road. Laughing

Millwall is meant bad but I've not seen much. A few years ago there was lots of police rushing everywhere on the platform at London Bridge.

I didn't go but Bradford a couple of years back kicked off a bit. A few bus windows got smashed in.

I wasn't at this game but have seen these videos on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWpwNhHPKE

I've been told that Stamford Bridge was the only ground that I wouldn't have got taken to when I was younger. I don't see how a bunch of foreign photographers can be bad though. shifty

For me it's a tie between that and the Millwall game a few seasons ago where the buses all got fucked and they threw darts and stuff into the family stand. facepalm Could probably have bought a pint if I'd picked up the coins off the floor that they'd been chucking.

Funniest thing I've seen was at Barnsley, for some reason the police all came charging towards the turnstiles and a police horse ran right into th path of a police van. Laughing it wasn't hurt so I can see the funny side!
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:02 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:

What a strange comment. 54 people? Bigot? Laughing

You should be ashamed of your fanbase, not wash your hands of it's atrocities.
    Fuck off, of course I'm ashamed anyone would do that. But at the same time, if the only thing I have in common with these neds is the team I support, why am I subject to such collective abuse? Henrik's Tongue has always been bigoted towards Rangers fans on here (in general, I'm not saying personally). You ever see me criticising all Celtic fans for chanting some IRA nonsense or that poppy incident a few years ago? No, because I know the vast majority of fans aren't like that.

The match between Rangers F.C. and FC Zenit Saint Petersburg was preceded by scuffles between fans. Serious disorder was sparked by the failure of a big screen erected in Piccadilly Gardens to transmit the match to thousands of Rangers fans who had travelled to the city without tickets. In addition to property damage, fifteen policemen were injured and ambulance crews attended 52 cases of assault. A Manchester City Council inquiry into the events estimated that 230,000 Rangers fans visited Manchester for the match, 39 fans were arrested for a range of offences across the city and 38 complaints were received about Greater Manchester Police officers' conduct.
    52 cases of assault is what I'd nearly remembered. So yeah, it was worse than I thought.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:34 am

MickStupp you called Connor a bigot. Please tell us why he is a bigot.

MickStupp wrote:Henrik's Tongue has always been bigoted towards Rangers fans on here (in general, I'm not saying personally).

That's a serious accusation to make, I detest bigots, so please back yourself up.

MickStupp wrote:You ever see me criticising all Celtic fans for chanting some IRA nonsense or that poppy incident a few years ago? No, because I know the vast majority of fans aren't like that.

You can't compare Celtic fans singing naughty songs with thousands of Rangers fans causing the worst destruction to Manchester since the Blitz.

The match between Rangers F.C. and FC Zenit Saint Petersburg was preceded by scuffles between fans. Serious disorder was sparked by the failure of a big screen erected in Piccadilly Gardens to transmit the match to thousands of Rangers fans who had travelled to the city without tickets. In addition to property damage, fifteen policemen were injured and ambulance crews attended 52 cases of assault. A Manchester City Council inquiry into the events estimated that 230,000 Rangers fans visited Manchester for the match, 39 fans were arrested for a range of offences across the city and 38 complaints were received about Greater Manchester Police officers' conduct.

The excuse of the big screen in Piccadilly Gardens not working is pathetic by the way, there were hundreds of pubs fans could go to which would have been showing the game. Instead you all rampaged through the city. The video's are there, they clearly show thousands of you attacking cars, attempting to murder police officers, assaulting members of the public, generally destroying the whole city. No matter how many times you say only 39 were arrested, it will always be completely irrelevant.

Worst case of football hooliganism in Britain? - Page 2 2595395439_12daedbdd6_o
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:41 am

Hundreds of pubs? There was nearly 300,000 Rangers fans there rofl rofl rofl rofl
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:18 am

Henrik's Tongue wrote:MickStupp you called Connor a bigot. Please tell us why he is a bigot.

MickStupp wrote:Henrik's Tongue has always been bigoted towards Rangers fans on here (in general, I'm not saying personally).

That's a serious accusation to make, I detest bigots, so please back yourself up.

MickStupp wrote:You ever see me criticising all Celtic fans for chanting some IRA nonsense or that poppy incident a few years ago? No, because I know the vast majority of fans aren't like that.

You can't compare Celtic fans singing naughty songs with thousands of Rangers fans causing the worst destruction to Manchester since the Blitz.

The excuse of the big screen in Piccadilly Gardens not working is pathetic by the way, there were hundreds of pubs fans could go to which would have been showing the game. Instead you all rampaged through the city. The video's are there, they clearly show thousands of you attacking cars, attempting to murder police officers, assaulting members of the public, generally destroying the whole city. No matter how many times you say only 39 were arrested, it will always be completely irrelevant.
    Apologies initially, I seem to have thought my initial reply was to you, although, the phrase "They're fucking Rangers fans" seemed to round us all together. Animosity towards Rangers fans as a whole has at times been displayed by both of you on here and I find it intolerable.

And back to the riots, my point wasn't to compare what either set of fans did, it was again about the way some people on here associate the whole fan-base with a minority of thugs. Also, I merely posted that quote to show where I got the number of 54 from, which turned out to be 52 - I didn't make a point about how many were arrested, because I know that isn't a fair representation of the atrocities that occurred. Although you must know that there were a great deal of innocent people caught up in the riots, both residents and visitors, and I detest that you seem to have such prejudices towards Rangers fans. I would imagine you have friends that are Gers fans that you wouldn't talk to like that so I'd rather you chose your words more carefully in future.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:20 am

Wait, There was only 80,000 celtic fans in seville? rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:22 am

Mickstupp I'm still waiting on you backing this up

MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:30 am

Henrik's Tongue wrote:Mickstupp I'm still waiting on you backing this up

It's quite difficult to see, but in your post above I highlighted the phrase "you all", showing your generic hate towards all Gers fans. Maybe it's just down to choice of words, but I've seen you do it before and I'm not going to browse your post history or search for something that you said months ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:32 am

MickStupp wrote:

It's quite difficult to see, but in your post above I highlighted the phrase "you all", showing your generic hate towards all Gers fans. Maybe it's just down to choice of words, but I've seen you do it before and I'm not going to browse your post history or search for something that you said months ago.

Like he does you mean, find posts from like 6 months ago. Laughing Laughing
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:33 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:

Like he does you mean, find posts from like 6 months ago. Laughing Laughing
    Yeah, although I'm not knocking it, it does prove his point from time to time, I just don't have the patience Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:36 am

MickStupp wrote:

So by referring to Rangers fans ramampaging down the street and my choice of words was "you were all rampaging down the street"

That makes me a bigot. Laughing
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:42 am

Henrik's Tongue wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:

So by referring to Rangers fans ramampaging down the street and my choice of words was "you were all rampaging down the street"

It's not the first case, as I have said, but all you are doing is (accidentally or not) inciting hatred towards a group of people by attaching importance to the fact that they support a different club than you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:57 am

MickStupp wrote:
    Henrik's Tongue wrote:

It's not the first case, as I have said, but all you are doing is (accidentally or not) inciting hatred towards a group of people by attaching importance to the fact that they support a different club than you.

What's inciting hatred?

Referring to Rangers fans as you lot? How is that attatching importance to the club somebody supports? I couldn't give a toss who it was, I'd still condemn fans who destroyed a city like that.

Posting about Rangers in Manchester in a thread about the worst case of hooliganism in Britain - Is that your idea of bigotry?If I post about Rangers am I always inciting hatred?

Are you gong to give me something that actually suggests I'm a bigot, or do you usually just throw that accusation around flippantly?

Rangers - Scotlands shame <--- bigoted remark in your eyes probably?

Typical Rangers fan, treating any criticism of your club as a scathing bigoted attack
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:13 am

Henrik's Tongue wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:

What's inciting hatred?

Referring to Rangers fans as you lot? How is that attatching importance to the club somebody supports? I couldn't give a toss who it was, I'd still condemn fans who destroyed a city like that.

Posting about Rangers in Manchester in a thread about the worst case of hooliganism in Britain - Is that your idea of bigotry?If I post about Rangers am I always inciting hatred?

Are you gong to give me something that actually suggests I'm a bigot, or do you usually just throw that accusation around flippantly?

Typical Rangers fan, treating any criticism of your club as a scathing bigoted attack
    Case in point.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:33 am

MickStupp wrote:
    Henrik's Tongue wrote:

What's inciting hatred?

Case in point.

Case in point.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:36 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:
    Case in point.

Case in point.
    Except that it isn't an attack on the club I'm talking about. It's an attack on every Rangers supporter. What about that are you two still not getting?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 am

MickStupp wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Case in point.
    Except that it isn't an attack on the club I'm talking about. It's an attack on every Rangers supporter. What about that are you two still not getting?

A criticism of a club's fans falls into the category of criticizing the club in my opinion. That's why, for me, those rioters brings shame upon your club. Obviously you think differently but I don't see why my opinion makes me a bigot.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:46 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:

A criticism of a club's fans falls into the category of criticizing the club in my opinion. That's why, for me, those rioters brings shame upon your club. Obviously you think differently but I don't see why my opinion makes me a bigot.
    It was the categorisation of all Rangers fans as thugs which seemed bigoted. Maybe you didn't mean that, it just came across that way. My problem with criticising the club for the actions of a minority of fans - who may well not appear to be a minority, but they are - is that it tends to lump all fans together rather than single out the wrong-doers.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:53 am

MickStupp wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

It was the categorisation of all Rangers fans as thugs which seemed bigoted. Maybe you didn't mean that, it just came across that way. My problem with criticising the club for the actions of a minority of fans - who may well not appear to be a minority, but they are - is that it tends to lump all fans together rather than single out the wrong-doers.

I never explicitly or implicitly stated that all Rangers fans were thugs. I think that the reason why we're actually arguing here is that I implied that most other clubs' support would not behave so violently in such large numbers (yes a minority but still, significant numbers).
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:01 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:

I never explicitly or implicitly stated that all Rangers fans were thugs. I think that the reason why we're actually arguing here is that I implied that most other clubs' support would not behave so violently in such large numbers (yes a minority but still, significant numbers).
    Fair enough, although I would have difficulty implying such a thing. Part of this was caused my confusion in who wrote the original post - I thought it was Henrik's Tongue, and I've witnessed him talk about Rangers fans in such a derogatory manner before. As I've said, and not just when it comes to Rangers, I hate when anything like that is implied and a while ago it seemed to happen quite often on here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:35 am