Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Jordi
Phadunkin Donuts
Gegilworld93
Ra's al Ghul
Lux
dena
Van Wolfswinkel
LFC_Grunners
jeb4eva
Sean
Mal
Mouse
Luisuarez7
George
El_indian
Cadbury
Walcott
Jord
samiz
Cam
Dan
Laurencio
CollieBuddz
Harrold
Kuled
29 posters

Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday

Poll

[ 6 ]
    Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Bar_left55%Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Bar_left27%Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Bar_left18%Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Anonymous

Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Empty Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Bit of a pointless game at this stage, but oh well.
    Kuled

Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Empty Re: Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday

Post by Kuled Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Is 4th place still a possibility?
    Anonymous

Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Empty Re: Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Kuled wrote:Is 4th place still a possibility?

Yeah, but Chelsea/Spurs/Newcastle would pretty much have to lose every game.
    Anonymous

Not that pointless at all, we need to keep winning and try and get the form up for the up and coming FA Cup Final and hopefully get into 7th above Everton.
    Anonymous

Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday Aqs95qNCAAAL_yq
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Alan wrote:Not that pointless at all, we need to keep winning and try and get the form up for the up and coming FA Cup Final and hopefully get into 7th above Everton.

Form doesn't matter in Cup games. We know that best.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:57 pm

ScottyBoy_1989 wrote:
    Alan wrote:Not that pointless at all, we need to keep winning and try and get the form up for the up and coming FA Cup Final and hopefully get into 7th above Everton.

It helps. Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday 279869
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Oh. Pretty much over then. Think Liverpool will win though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:06 pm

ScottyBoy_1989 wrote:

But form breads confidence and we need to get that up as much as possible, and Chelsea are looking good and their confidence is up and its going to be a really hard game against them at Wembley.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Sterling to bag a trick.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 pm

ScottyBoy_1989 wrote:Bit of a pointless game at this stage, but oh well.

Pointless? If you lose you might end up in 9th, and well, if you keep losing you could end up below mid-table Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday 3925848005
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Laurencio wrote:
    ScottyBoy_1989 wrote:Bit of a pointless game at this stage, but oh well.

Pointless? If you lose you might end up in 9th, and well, if you keep losing you could end up below mid-table Liverpool vs West Brom | Match Thread | 4pm Sunday 3925848005

And? Won't make a difference at all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:56 pm

ScottyBoy_1989 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

And? Won't make a difference at all.

It will.

Every game is massive.

Finish 7th + CC Win + FA Cup Win. I will happy. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:01 am

It doesn't matter where we finish in the League, it's a write off, as far as I'm concerned. We need to focus on preparing for, and winning the FA Cup. What happens if Suarez gets a red card before the final, or if Agger gets injured? These games are risky, and I have a feeling that the players won't be putting in their all when it comes to sprinting/tackling etc.

If we won the FA Cup and the Carling Cup, yet finished 10th in the League, it wouldn't be any different to winning the double and finishing 7th. We already have Europe next season. To me, the next 3 games before the final are basically a risk of having a weaker squad for the final.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:03 am

Knowing our current luck, Agger will crack a rib, Johnson will pull his hamstring and Suarez will be sent off.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:03 am

Its time for some off these Liverpool players to realise every game matters when you are pulling on that Liverpool strip. And i dont want Liverpool finishing in the bottom half of the table, and the worst ive ever saw them finish was 8th back in 93.94 under Graeme Souness.

Last edited by Alan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 am

Having said all that, I wouldn't be surprised if we won all our remaining fixtures emphatically and lifted the FA Cup too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:11 am

ScottyBoy_1989 wrote:It doesn't matter where we finish in the League, it's a write off, as far as I'm concerned. We need to focus on preparing for, and winning the FA Cup. What happens if Suarez gets a red card before the final, or if Agger gets injured? These games are risky, and I have a feeling that the players won't be putting in their all when it comes to sprinting/tackling etc.

If we won the FA Cup and the Carling Cup, yet finished 10th in the League, it wouldn't be any different to winning the double and finishing 7th. We already have Europe next season. To me, the next 3 games before the final are basically a risk of having a weaker squad for the final.

Cant just leave them all out and then hope they all turn up for an FA Cup final. Yes the league games are not as important as they could be. but they are still important enough to get players out there playing for the 40,000 odd fans that have paid their cash to see them and so they keep their match sharpness up and ready for what is going to be one really hard game at Wembley.

Injuries are possible and so are sending off's but i think its going to have to be the risk we take to keep our top players up to the standard they will need to win the FA Cup against a top team like Chelsea.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 am

I'm undecided to be honest.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 am

ScottyBoy_1989 wrote:I'm undecided to be honest.
    I would play most the top players if fit in the next two games, but the Fulham game i would think most will be rested as its on the tuesday the 1st before the FA Cup final on the 5th.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:55 am

ScottyBoy_1989 wrote:It doesn't matter where we finish in the League, it's a write off, as far as I'm concerned. We need to focus on preparing for, and winning the FA Cup. What happens if Suarez gets a red card before the final, or if Agger gets injured? These games are risky, and I have a feeling that the players won't be putting in their all when it comes to sprinting/tackling etc.

We are Liverpool football club.

We go out to win every game. Every single on.

This mentality is for small and mid table clubs.
    Dan
    Dan

Post by Dan Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:00 am

We are Liverpool Football Club. 10th place is unacceptable.

There's a £500k difference between each position. Yeah, might not be that much, but it could be the difference between signing a new player or not. We should be aiming to win every single game, treating each game with the most importance. These players should be playing for their Cup Final places.

We've not finished lower than 8th since we were promoted to the top flight in 1961-62. I certainly don't want to see that change.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:11 am

It wouldn't surprise me if we play some of the youngsters in the remaining league games though.

I reckon we should keep playing Carroll as he has scored in his last two games, and his confidence should be building. He scored against West Brom last time as well shifty
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:51 am

I think Jones should start this game, put a bit of pressure on Reina. Although Reina does need game time to prepare for the FA Cup
    Dan
    Dan

Post by Dan Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:09 am

Is your sig sarcastic?
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:10 am

Dan wrote:Is your sig sarcastic?

Yeah it is
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:33 am

Yes it was, although I think Kenny is finally realizing Maxi is an important figure for is and I've been a bit too critical of Dalglish recently Razz
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:11 am

Is this on TV, by the way?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:12 am

No
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:17 am

its not on TV? Rage

Anyway you'll win, we never even score at anfield, let alone win, but we could still finish above liverpool shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:01 am