Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
menalawyerguy
Grenade
Childish Logic
Hitchy
El_indian
SBSP
Cornholio
AriseForLife
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
Jamie
chiboygeorge
Ben
Scuba Steve
Barton
Cameron.
blackskar
coolhead33
Marvin
Mal
luke.
LeBron
Walcott
Mario
28 posters

What should the best full back in the world be good at?

Anonymous

What should the best full back in the world be good at? Empty What should the best full back in the world be good at?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:13 am

Attacking?

Defending?

Both?

Cos Maicon is shit at defending. What should the best full back in the world be good at? 644235
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

What should the best full back in the world be good at? Empty Re: What should the best full back in the world be good at?

Post by Mario Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:14 am

Fact is, Mourinho made Maicon look good.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

What should the best full back in the world be good at? Empty Re: What should the best full back in the world be good at?

Post by Walcott Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 am

Phil Neville.

He kept Bale quiet.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 am

Being French.

Therefore, Evra > Cole.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 am

I think Ashley Cole must be the best full back in the world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 am

Pixie wrote:Being French.

Therefore, Evra > Cole.

Not really worth a reply that. Cole is leagues ahead of Evra.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:17 am

James wrote:I think Ashley Cole must be the best full back in the world.

Lol.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:17 am

Both.

Ashley Cole is the best by a long stretch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 am

iPepe wrote:

Lol.

Who you gonna say? Marcelo?

Sergio Ramos looks good in a Spanish team that keeps the ball for 90% of the game. He can be caught out defensively as well.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 am

iPepe wrote:

Lol.

Oh yeah.. so that's why Real Madrid were chasing him all summer and all you Madridsta's were pleading for him?
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:19 am

James wrote:
    iPepe wrote:

Lol.

Sergio Ramos looks good in a Spanish team that keeps the ball for 90% of the game. He can be caught out defensively as well.

Ramos, Alves and Maicon are better too, you know people have shit games and Maicon's having one now.

And Marcelo is better than A.Cole in Attacking you can disagree I don't care if you do but everyone except maybe English-Men know it.

Last edited by iPepe on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:20 am

I've only ever heard people say Maicon is the best ATTACKING right back in the world. Neutral
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:20 am

luke. wrote:
    iPepe wrote:

Lol.

Oh yeah.. so that's why Real Madrid were chasing him all summer and all you Madridsta's were pleading for him?

They're rumours you know.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:21 am

iPepe wrote:
    James wrote:
    iPepe wrote:

Lol.

Ramos, Alves and Maicon is better too, you know people have shit games and Maicon's having one now.

And Marcelo is better than A.Cole in Attacking you can disagree I don't care if you do but everyone except maybe English-Men know it.

rofl You realise being a full back requires a player to attack and defend?

Alves can't defend. Maicon can't defend. Ramos can defend but isn't better than Cole.

And Marcelo??? Is that why Mourinho wanted to replace him with Cole? What should the best full back in the world be good at? 644235
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:21 am

Mal wrote:I've only ever heard people say Maicon is the best ATTACKING right back in the world. Neutral

Wasn't he in the top 3 for best defender in the CL last season? Razz
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:22 am

Have you seen Marcelo play this season haha? Mourinho doesn't want to bring another full-back in as Marcelo has been class in both defending and attacking.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:22 am

Ramos has lovely hair and looks fine as fuck, so Ramos > Cole

No but seriously, it's hard to argue against Cole tbh and I'm not even being bias (Not sure I could be anyways).
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:22 am

iPepe wrote:
    James wrote:
    iPepe wrote:

Lol.

Ramos, Alves and Maicon is better too, you know people have shit games and Maicon's having one now.

Cole >>>>> All of the above, Cole is the best all round full back in the world. Clear to see, your blind or just seriously biased if you think otherwise.

And Mourinho and Cole have said there were offers too you know.. Cole even said he was about to join Real Madrid before Ancelotti had a chat with him.. red card
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:23 am

Defending is most important although if you can do that and attack well then you've got a monster of a player. This is why Cole is the best left back in the world by far and Alves is arguably the best right back in the world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 am

coolhead33 wrote:Defending is most important although if you can do that and attack well then you've got a monster of a player. This is why Cole is the best left back in the world by far and Alves is arguably the best right back in the world.

Alves still no where near Cole.

Way I see it

Maicon is 1st choice ahead of Alves for Brazil cos he's better at attacking.

Alves isn't that good at defending and is only at Barca for his attacking.

So my expert calculations come to Alves being overrated which I think he is.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 am

James wrote:
    Mal wrote:I've only ever heard people say Maicon is the best ATTACKING right back in the world. Neutral

Only cos Inter won the CL
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 am

Alves is overrated tbh. He's a RW playing RB.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:26 am

iPepe wrote:Have you seen Marcelo play this season haha? Mourinho doesn't want to bring another full-back in as Marcelo has been class in both defending and attacking.
    Mourinho could make Fabianski look like the best keeper ever to grace the pitch if he wanted.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 am

Never liked Alves tbh.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 am

James wrote:
    coolhead33 wrote:Defending is most important although if you can do that and attack well then you've got a monster of a player. This is why Cole is the best left back in the world by far and Alves is arguably the best right back in the world.

Way I see it

Like I said you're so out-dated, Alves has been 1st choice lately.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 am

luke. wrote:Alves is overrated tbh. He's a RW playing RB.
    Exactly, Messi is everywhere so Alves can go at RW.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 am

Mal wrote:
    James wrote:

Only cos Inter won the CL

But he was still in top 3 for defender. Which tells me they rated him the best full back in the world seeing as Defender should be able to defend.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:28 am

Cole is one of the best Full backs in the world, if not the best.

Simple as.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:28 am

iPepe wrote:
    James wrote:

Way I see it

Like I said you're so out-dated, Alves has been 1st choice lately.

Lately? Since the World Cup? Cos Maicon was 1st choice then and I watched Barca at weekend after the Real game and Alves was still shite at defending.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 am

Egzon, don't debate with them.

They are sooo deluded they think Cole is better than Roberto Carlos. It's just not worth it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:42 pm