Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Carlos Jenkinson
Scuba Steve
Hitchy
Lux
Tony Adams 6
luke.
Chamakh29
11 posters

North London XI

AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

North London XI - Page 2 Empty Re: North London XI

Post by AriseForLife Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:30 pm

I'd prefer to have both in the line up so I put Robin at his natural position of forward that way each can play.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 pm

I think putting Rvp instead of a winger leads to a lack of width, especially with you putting Arshavin on the other side.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:46 pm

--Gomes--
    --Sagna--king--Vermaelen--Clinchy--
    --Song--Fabregas--
    --Lennon---------Modric---------------Bale--
    --VP--
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Gomes
    Sagna King Vermaelen Clichy
    Huddlestone Fabregas
    Walcott----Vaart----Bale
    V.Persie

Bench: Fabianski, Corluka, Dawson, Song, Nasri, Modric, Crouch.

Tried to do half/half. pirat
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:09 pm

I'll try and do half and half as well:

-Gomes-
    -Sagna-King-Verm-Clichy-
    -Fab-Modric-
    -Nasri-VDV-Bale-
    -Robin-

But Walcott could be more dangerous than Nasri on the right hand side tbh.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:27 am

kyro7 wrote:I think putting Rvp instead of a winger leads to a lack of width, especially with you putting Arshavin on the other side.

Nah, I think width is perfect. With the exception of this World Cup, he has always played as a forward for the Oranje and it wasn't until he came to Arsenal that he even played as a striker. He is used to playing wide and Arshavin would do well enough. My formation isn't really suited for wide play anyways, it's more for control and working the interior. I would have much rather had Walcott and Van Persie playing forward, but with Theo only just now hitting his stride I didn't include him.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:28 am

NZG wrote:
    --Gomes--
    --Song--Fabregas--
    --VP--

You should see Gael Clichy play, he is a pretty good left back also. He's not as good as Clinchy, but then again no one is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:30 am

AriseForLife wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:I think putting Rvp instead of a winger leads to a lack of width, especially with you putting Arshavin on the other side.

Nah, I think width is perfect. With the exception of this World Cup, he has always played as a forward for the Oranje and it wasn't until he came to Arsenal that he even played as a striker. He is used to playing wide and Arshavin would do well enough. My formation isn't really suited for wide play anyways, it's more for control and working the interior. I would have much rather had Walcott and Van Persie playing forward, but with Theo only just now hitting his stride I didn't include him.

Fair enough. Smile

AriseForLife wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    --Gomes--
    --Song--Fabregas--
    --VP--

You should see Gael Clichy play, he is a pretty good left back also. He's not as good as Clinchy, but then again no one is.

Laughing

I saw that earlier but couldn't be bothered to point it out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 am

For me Van Persie is much more of threat and give the team a bit more than Chamakh. So if both were fit, I'd have Van Persie up top.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 am

Tbh, I think Van Persie is much better than Chamakh when he's fit, I think he's up there with the Rooney's Torres' Drogba's all on top form. Coffee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 am

kyro7 wrote:Tbh, I think Van Persie is much better than Chamakh when he's fit, I think he's up there with the Rooney's Torres' Drogba's all on top form. Coffee
    He certainly is, he's definitely in the top 5 strikers in the premiership if you ask me.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 am

I don't even think its a fair contest comparing Van Persie to Chamakh because he is that much better, but if I could play them both in the same team then I would go for it since Van Persie's versatility would allow him to play out wide while still being able to come inside.

I would love to see us have a fully healthy team and use this:

Fabianski

Sagna-----------Koscielny-----------Vermaelen-----------Clichy

Song-----------Fabregas

Van Persie-----------------Nasri-----------------Walcott

Chamakh

I think that team could do some damage if healthy and in form.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:41 am

AriseForLife wrote:I don't even think its a fair contest comparing Van Persie to Chamakh because he is that much better, but if I could play them both in the same team then I would go for it since Van Persie's versatility would allow him to play out wide while still being able to come inside.

I would love to see us have a fully healthy team and use this:

Fabianski

Sagna-----------Koscielny-----------Vermaelen-----------Clichy

Song-----------Fabregas

Van Persie-----------------Nasri-----------------Walcott

Chamakh

I think that team could do some damage if healthy and in form.
    If that team stayed fit throughout the season, we'd win the league by at least 9 points being dead honest. Van Persie playing on the wings is not bad, but I just feel it would only bring out 80% of his performance.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:41 am

I fear that team, though I'm not sure about Walcott on the left, though he's got a good Henry sort of finish, Henry had loads of goals from the left hand side.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    If that team stayed fit throughout the season, we'd win the league by at least 9 points being dead honest. Van Persie playing on the wings is not bad, but I just feel it would only bring out 80% of his performance.

It definitely limits him seeing as he is fully adjusting to be in the Bergkamp role, but for the sake of maximizing the team and getting the best players on the field I figured it would just make sense to move him out wide since he know the position.

kyro7 wrote:I fear that team, though I'm not sure about Walcott on the left, though he's got a good Henry sort of finish, Henry had loads of goals from the left hand side.

Well my thought process was that they could drift and swift sides randomly since Robin can operate on the left also, albeit a little less effective with his right foot. With Theo's pace, changing sides would be nice because he could run the full backs ragged, but it would require him to increase his fitness even more than he has already.

Too bad we can't stay healthy enough to actually run that team full time. If only Theo and Robin could stay healthy for at least 75% of the season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:10 am