Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Need help planning trip to London

Anonymous

Need help planning trip to London Empty Need help planning trip to London

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:39 am

Right basically i'm off to London in a couple of weeks and I need help getting travel as cheap as possible without it taking ridiculously long.

From Hull. Leaving on the 19th August after midday, and coming home on the sunday (21st)

I looked at the mega bus at £9 each way Need help planning trip to London 279869 But that would be like 4 1/2 hours each way too. So yeah, I think trains are the way to go but I need help finding them as cheap as possible... I don't care if i've gotta swap at stations etc as long as its a decent price.

Yes I know i've left it late. All help is appreciated.
    Anonymous

Need help planning trip to London Empty Re: Need help planning trip to London

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:48 am

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/HUL/London/190811/1215/dep/210811/1015/dep

Those prices seem decent (in comparison to what I've had to pay before anyway facepalm )

Oh, and the think about booking ages in advance being cheaper is bull half of the time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:06 am

Yeah, i've seen that. I think I would rather go on a bus/coach that takes 2 hours longer but saves me £40. Didn't know if i'd be able to get it cheaper by getting smaller tickets like Hull to Leeds, then another from Leeds to somewhere then somewhere to London.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:38 am

It's still like £7 or £8 from Meadowhall (Sheffield) to London so I doubt you'll find a cheaper alternative tbh. Good value, even if coach trips can be a bit of a nightmare.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:42 am

Walk
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:48 am

RobbieSavageIsA... wrote:It's still like £7 or £8 from Meadowhall (Sheffield) to London so I doubt you'll find a cheaper alternative tbh. Good value, even if coach trips can be a bit of a nightmare.

Yeah I think that may be the way to go, any ideas if they stop anywhere? Dunno if I can sit there for 4 hours without moving. Laughing
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:04 am

You're better off getting a coach. I travel in and out of London a lot and trains are ridiculous. Where in London are you coming? shifty
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:05 am

Most coaches stop at a service station around 3 hours in to the journey.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:13 am

Coaches are dirt cheap these days.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 am

Mal wrote:You're better off getting a coach. I travel in and out of London a lot and trains are ridiculous. Where in London are you coming? Need help planning trip to London 279869

I'm actually going to Aylesbury. But the only way I know of getting there is going into London, then back out of London. Infact, I think that is the only way of doing it. Laughing

Yeah thats another thing, where do I find trains from London to surrounding towns (I think Aylesbury is a town)
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 am

You use Marylebone station for Aylesbury. Near me eek2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:54 am

I had a look Mal, I may as well just go to Paddington and get the train from there. That way I just have 1 change. If I went to Marleybone i'd have to go to Paddington anyway according to National Rail.

Can you help me with tube stuff? From what I gather St Pancreas is where Kings Cross is? So for me to get to Paddington, I need to go to Oxford Circus, then get another tube to Paddington.

What are the fares? £4.00 on each tube without one of them oyster cards?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 am

Get an Oyster for £3. You can give it back for your money when you're done with it. Saves you fortunes.

If you get a coach, don't you get off at Victoria? shifty

I'll answer your question tomorrow btw. I'm off out. neu hat
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 am

Mal wrote:Get an Oyster for £3. You can give it back for your money when you're done with it. Saves you fortunes.

If you get a coach, don't you get off at Victoria? Need help planning trip to London 279869

I'll answer your question tomorrow btw. I'm off out. Need help planning trip to London 117897

Coach goes to St Pancreas. And I didn't know that about the Oyster, should be worth it.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:29 am

There's a National Rail for the East Coast that is actually very cheap when you book in advance.

http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/

Pretty sure that's it....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:55 am

Decided on the bus, way cheaper and i'm pretty sure I can sit through the journey.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:08 pm

You can either walk out of St.Pancras and walk towards Warren Street(basically my area Surprised) or the easier way is get on the Victoria line from Kings Cross to Oxford Circus then the Bakerloo Line to Paddington. With an Oyster it should only cost £3
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Use TFL to plan your journey anyway. http://www.tfl.gov.uk
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:11 pm

I heard Tottenham is quite good around this time. Really cheap prices its almost like your stealing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Yeah I used TFL which is where I got my route from up in my other post.

I might just give up, is it really worth it for someones 21st? Considering i've gotta sort out somewhere to stay for 2 nights as well. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:49 am