Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Carlos Jenkinson
Barton
Van Wolfswinkel
Muhkoo
dena
Jord
Paulinho
Zzonked
Lux
14 posters

Question for non-Liverpool fans.

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Question for non-Liverpool fans. - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for non-Liverpool fans.

Post by Laurencio Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Scott wrote:Liverpool fans can answer too of course, but this is more aimed at the non-Liverpool fans.

Scenario

Your team has gone 6-7 years without a Trophy, and only one good Cup run. ('07 Champions League Final).

In that time, they've only been in the title race once, and have been fighting for 4th place every other season, and usually failing to do so.

This season, they win the Carling Cup, and the FA Cup, yet finish 6th-8th in the League.

What are your end-of-season thoughts?

Sack the manager? Give him one more year? Keep him?

Please ignore the fact that it's Liverpool's scenario, and picture it happening with YOUR team. What would you be thinking?

Aside from the fact that I would be livid that we could go from Champions League finalists to mid-table mediocrity in the span of a few years, I'd be quite pleased with the FA Cup win. Never really cared all that much about the carling cup, always been the "test the youngsters" tournament for me. If the youngsters win it, then great I'd be very happy, but if we won it by playing senior players every game, thus decreasing our chances in the league. That would be very upsetting indeed.

All in all I'd be happy about the FA Cup, undecided about the Carling Cup, but secretly pleased. However, a league finish is FAR more important than a cup win to me. This goes for both Manchester United and my local club. I have been quite lucky with my local club, which has been dominant in the domestic league for years, and performed well above expectations in the CL (in the not so distant past I suppose). As a result anything less than a championship is disappointing to me. I know, I'm spoiled. Embarassed

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:37 am