Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
RubyArmyCTFC
dena
Pippo
Danny
Lux
ShakerMatty
moscowmadeit3
GK01
Gegilworld93
Phadunkin Donuts
14 posters

Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters

Poll

Supporters Should Boo Club/Players?

[ 6 ]
    Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Bar_left67%Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Bar_left33%Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Bar_left0%Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Empty Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:00 am

Players shouldn’t complain about fan reactions – they pay their money and make their noise

Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters 0c456b12-4689-4580-a236-8cf4171d6566_3b018cd6-7368-429a-b7f5-8a1312d798f6
    Joey Barton is the latest footballer to admit his disappointment at
    fans who booed him – on this particular occasion during Wednesday
    night’s clash between QPR and Liverpool

"Disappointed with fans booing, we're meant to be in it together," Barton said on Twitter.

"They won't break me, guaranteed. I've been through much worse. Form is temporary, class is permanent. [lol Barton] I was awful tonight. Worst I've ever played in my career."

Manager Mark Hughes took a slightly more pragmatic approach to the reaction of supporters at Loftus Road, perhaps recognizing that the introduction of Jamie Mackie helped secure a famous victory.

"Joey was not having the best of times," said Hughes post-match. "It was unfortunate that maybe a few felt the need to possibly boo him, but Joey is very strong, as we all know.

"He won't let it affect him and will play a big part in what we do from now until the end of the season. Tonight was not his night, but there will be other nights."

The simple fact is that supporters pay big money to watch professional football players represent their team. And, with many holding a close affiliation to their club, it’s understandable that frustration spills over in the form of booing.

“You have to respect your fans for turning up for the whole season," said Arsene Wenger after fans booed his Arsenal side last May. "You have to accept that [some left] and you have to thank those who are still in the stand. We are in a job where you have to please people and if they are not happy, we have to accept that.”

Wenger knows as well as anyone that fans can quickly turn one way and then the other, with many booing and calling for his head at the start of the season and now hailing the Frenchman as a miracle-worker after the Gunners turned things around.

The morale of the story is simple – fans are guilty of quickly turning on players and managers. We all do it, believing we know what is best and which decision should be made to make an impact.

Any player worth his salt knows that, in the majority of cases, it's a short-term response to a perceived short-term problem. One good performance can quickly get the fans back on side.

Barton is more than capable of that, but he must remember that the fans have been at the club much longer than he has. They have every right to make their voices heard - be it with positive chants or negative boos.

Thoughts? Two possible discussions.. I'll throw mine out there in a few.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Empty Re: Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 am

Barton never had any class Laughing
    Anonymous

Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters Empty Re: Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:18 am

There's something wrong with anyone who cheers for Barton, never mind booing him.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:28 am

GOATarenka wrote:There's something wrong with anyone who cheers for Barton, never mind booing him.

Well I was once in a mental ward so maybe there is something wrong with me.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 am

Can't stand people who boo their own team, I'd never do it and never have. I know fans pay money to watch their team and are entitled to voice their opinion and frustration but surely do it in a different way instead of booing.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Can't stand people who boo their own team, I'd never do it and never have. I know fans pay money to watch their team and are entitled to voice their opinion and frustration but surely do it in a different way instead of booing.
    Same. I've never booed my team.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 am

In the stadium? No and fuck off if you do.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 am

Would never boo my team.

At a Burscough game if I'm disappointed with the performance I just walk away at the end. What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:38 am

Danny wrote:Would never boo my team.

At a Burscough game if I'm disappointed with the performance I just walk away at the end. What a Face

You wouldn't be able to boo Burscough cos it's like you and a few other people, you couldn't really hide in a crowd of people booing. Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:46 am

Cam wrote:

You wouldn't be able to boo Burscough cos it's like you and a few other people, you couldn't really hide in a crowd of people booing. Laughing
    Ouch. shifty

At any level though, I don't see the point. Yeah, fans pay money and are allowed to voice their opinion. But the players will know if they've played crap and let everyone down. What's booing them off going to achieve?
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 am

We don't do walking away.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 am

What do you do when you're pleased with the performance? Bring a sleeping bag and stay overnight?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:49 am

GOATarenka wrote:

What do you do when you're pleased with the performance? Bring a sleeping bag and stay overnight?

Mind reader. Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:51 am

GOATarenka wrote:

Applaud them off you cheeky cunt.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:53 am

GOATarenka wrote:

shifty
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:56 am

Seems to be more err.. taboo in the UK to boo your own team, but fuck that -- I put my time, energy, emotion, and money into my team(s) if I feel their performance isn't up to par or they aren't trying you're damn right I'll boo.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:
    GOATarenka wrote:

shifty
    Hey, it's happened once or twice this season. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:02 am

dena wrote:Seems to be more err.. taboo in the UK to boo your own team, but fuck that -- I put my time, energy, emotion, and money into my team(s) if I feel their performance isn't up to par or they aren't trying you're damn right I'll boo.
    Yeah, on this side on the planet it's perfectly normal.

We be booin' er'body.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 am

dena wrote:Seems to be more err.. taboo in the UK to boo your own team, but fuck that -- I put my time, energy, emotion, and money into my team(s) if I feel their performance isn't up to par or they aren't trying you're damn right I'll boo.

Only way I would think about booing my club. But any other time is just ridiculous.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 am

I personally choose not to boo the team, and i'd rather our fans save the booing till the end. Hate it when they get on a players back for one bad pass/ first touch early on. Doesn't help their confidence at all.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 am

I agree.

I haven't booed my team off, that I can remember. I have chanted about sacking a certain Mr. Buckle. Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters 279869
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 am

Its one thing when a team has done shite and got a stuffing, but I hate the way our fans or like England fans will boo off the team at half time if their team isnt winning, especially against smaller teams, I mean, whats the point, at least give them a chance.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 am

We all do it, believing we know what is
    best and which decision should be made to make an impact.

Is what got my attention.

Fans don't know shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:10 am

Danny wrote:
    GOATarenka wrote:

Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters 3925848005
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:16 am

I don't have a problem with booing, I do it and so do most other fans I know. Don't really get why some people have a problem with it. Obviously it has to be justifiable but fans have the right to vent their frustration.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 am

Danny wrote:
    GOATarenka wrote:

Must be weird for the players, just you clapping them off the pitch. Laughing
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 am

Ben wrote:I don't have a problem with booing, I do it and so do most other fans I know. Don't really get why some people have a problem with it. Obviously it has to be justifiable but fans have the right to vent their frustration.

It'll definitely pick up the morale of the players. Solid tactic.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:21 am

Cam wrote:
    Danny wrote:Applaud them off you cheeky cunt.

Must be weird for the players, just you clapping them off the pitch. Laughing

Nothing wrong with boo-boy supporters 3110014250
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:22 am

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:
    Ben wrote:I don't have a problem with booing, I do it and so do most other fans I know. Don't really get why some people have a problem with it. Obviously it has to be justifiable but fans have the right to vent their frustration.

It'll definitely pick up the morale of the players. Solid tactic.

If it has that effect then the players shouldn't be playing anyway. Boos usually come when the team hasn't given their all and the effect should spur them on to try harder in the next game...
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:23 am

Most of the time i've seen booing from fans as an outpouring of emotion, not out of pettiness or being disrespectful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:31 am