Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
claretandbluewhu
Lux
Danny
Drake
Laurencio
Jord
ShakerMatty
Weather130
Mason
13 posters

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham

Anonymous

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham - Page 2 Empty Re: Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 am

Popcorn
    Anonymous

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham - Page 2 Empty Re: Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:03 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Ed wrote:the part where even if the club did offer free tickets to people, they would still not turn up.

Free tickets and arranged transportation. Would be far better for both the club and the players. PR is vital for a small football club.
    this may be a stupid thing to say but will the club even have any fan coaches?
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:34 pm

When was this game? Histon and Wrexham do not even play in the same division.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:47 pm

If I had scored I would have ran into the stands and pretended to celebrate with people. hehe
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Billy Davies wrote:
    Ed wrote:no Forest, cause there is noone to have banter with facepalm

That's the whole point

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham - Page 2 Retard

The point of banter is to get a reaction out of the other fans. If there are no other fans at the stadium, what's the point of the banter?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Don't blame them, although it is very unusual not to see a 'hardcore' band of supporters.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Just realised this article is from 2010. Neutral
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:40 pm

It's not funny guys.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Free tickets and arranged transportation. Would be far better for both the club and the players. PR is vital for a small football club.
    this may be a stupid thing to say but will the club even have any fan coaches?

I rented 3 buses for a school trip once. Wasn't all that expensive either.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 am

Not funny, bad point.
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:30 pm

This is a team that probably doesn't have a great deal of spare money lying around to cover the costs of tickets and transportation for fans. They probably only just about make enough to pay their players who are more than likely on hardly any money as it is. Even the cost of providing a few coaches without any return could do more damage than good financially.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Simonc89 wrote:This is a team that probably doesn't have a great deal of spare money lying around to cover the costs of tickets and transportation for fans. They probably only just about make enough to pay their players who are more than likely on hardly any money as it is. Even the cost of providing a few coaches without any return could do more damage than good financially.

Getting fans excited about a club and feeling appreciated always results in financial gain.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:35 am

I find it hard to expect fans of a very tiny club to make a 6 hour trip to watch them play. Considering the current petro prices traveling for games like this does not make a huge amount of success.
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Laurencio wrote:
    Simonc89 wrote:This is a team that probably doesn't have a great deal of spare money lying around to cover the costs of tickets and transportation for fans. They probably only just about make enough to pay their players who are more than likely on hardly any money as it is. Even the cost of providing a few coaches without any return could do more damage than good financially.

Getting fans excited about a club and feeling appreciated always results in financial gain.

True, but in my opinion this wouldn't have achieved that. Making a home game more appealing by either doing a ticket offer or something of the sort would be the better way to get more fans interested in the team. I think you have an unrealistic view of how the conference actually is.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Histon were just a ullage team punching well above their weight. Their players were joiners and postmen, when you consider they only got 2 or 300 at home it's no surprise not many fancied a 6 hour round trip.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Simonc89 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

True, but in my opinion this wouldn't have achieved that. Making a home game more appealing by either doing a ticket offer or something of the sort would be the better way to get more fans interested in the team. I think you have an unrealistic view of how the conference actually is.

Nah, I just dislike the general marketing strategies of "smaller" football clubs. They have a tendency to blame it all on the supporters, interest and bigger clubs without actually doing anything to try to better the situation themselves. However, paying for an away trip would give them a bit of media interest (I would imagine) as I don't think a lot of conference clubs would be willing to do that.
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Laurencio wrote:
    Simonc89 wrote:

Nah, I just dislike the general marketing strategies of "smaller" football clubs. They have a tendency to blame it all on the supporters, interest and bigger clubs without actually doing anything to try to better the situation themselves. However, paying for an away trip would give them a bit of media interest (I would imagine) as I don't think a lot of conference clubs would be willing to do that.

Clubs do try to improve things in the lower levels, it's just very hard for a team who pulls in a couple of hundred fans to get more people to support them. A lot of people just don't want to support a team in the lower leagues that they can't watch on tv, or that have no chance of winning anything. Marketing strategies in the lower leagues are obviously restricted due to the restricted funds. You really can't expect them to be able to compete with the likes of even Championship or League 1 clubs. It just doesn't work like that when some of your players are probably part time and you're lucky to break 200 fans at a home game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Ed wrote:
    Jordo wrote:Imagine being the Histon players, looking up to see no supporters. Heavy.
    this is true, you would be embarrassed and just think "what is the actual point, there is noone to entertain"

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham - Page 2 Noone

Didn't realise he was a Histon fan like.
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:04 am

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham - Page 2 70955

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:19 am