Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
claretandbluewhu
Lux
Danny
Drake
Laurencio
Jord
ShakerMatty
Weather130
Mason
13 posters

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham

Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham Empty Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham

Post by Mason Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:05 am

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham Article-1285604449068-0B60058D000005DC-108603_636x300

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/842237-conference-club-histon-take-no-away-fans-to-wrexham

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham 70955
    Weather130
    Weather130

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham Empty Re: Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham

Post by Weather130 Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:12 am

I guess the Histon fans dids not want to bother to cross into Wales so they all stayed home.
    Anonymous

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham Empty Re: Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:23 am

not really a great deal to laugh about, i bet you wouldnt travel to wales if your team was struggling in the league and inevitably going to lose, would you? Plus their fanbase cant be massive so there is less fans to have any that would do this.

Last edited by Ed on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 am

Yeah its not really that funny.Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 am

You'd understand if you supported a lower league club. It's not all about some highly paided diva prancing around your teams glossy new 60-000 all seater stadium.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 am

Ed wrote:not really a great deal to laugh about, i bet you wouldnt travel to wales if your team was struggling in the league and inevitably going to lost, would you? Plus their fanbase cant be massive so there is less fans to have any that would do this.
    clap
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:49 am

This thread is endemic of everything that is wrong with the glory supporting masses.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:52 am

That's not funny.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 am

Ed wrote:not really a great deal to laugh about, i bet you wouldnt travel to wales if your team was struggling in the league and inevitably going to lose, would you? Plus their fanbase cant be massive so there is less fans to have any that would do this.

Uh... if you called yourself a hard core supporter then yeah you would scratch

It's not really funny, it's quite sad, but in no way does it excuse that not a single person bothered to show up to support their team.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 am

"Can you hear the Histon sing??" Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:17 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Ed wrote:not really a great deal to laugh about, i bet you wouldnt travel to wales if your team was struggling in the league and inevitably going to lose, would you? Plus their fanbase cant be massive so there is less fans to have any that would do this.

It's not really funny, it's quite sad, but in no way does it excuse that not a single person bothered to show up to support their team.
    think about price aswell.

Another thing is the fact that probably 50% of their fans will also support a bigger club in the championship/premier league, so instead of travelling across the width of england to see their team be convincingly beaten, having paid over £50 getting to and from the ground, they will watch the other team on TV. People, no matter how loyal or 'hardcore' they are, just will not make that journey, especially not in the middle of winter. there are many factors as to why people didnt go, i wont list them all.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

think about price aswell.

Another thing is the fact that probably 50% of their fans will also support a bigger club in the championship/premier league, so instead of travelling across the width of england to see their team be convincingly beaten, having paid over £50 getting to and from the ground, they will watch the other team on TV. People, no matter how loyal or 'hardcore' they are, just will not make that journey, especially not in the middle of winter. there are many factors as to why people didnt go, i wont list them all.

I can understand why, but it's still a tad pathetic. They could have at least given the tickets away to some school children or something at the very least, or a youth team, I dunno. Something.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 am

Laurencio wrote:

Not really. Cost of getting a seat on the coach/getting their yourself, entrance fee/ticket, stuff you get at the game etc... to see your side lose...

It's not great, I support fucking Burscough, I'd know. Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 am

Drake wrote:"Can you hear the Histon sing??" Laughing

Yes shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 am

how is it pathetic? facepalm i bet you wouldnt do it.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 am

Ed wrote:how is it pathetic? facepalm i bet you wouldnt do it.

Of course I wouldn't. I'm not a hardcore fan.

If the club knew that no one was coming, and you have to assume they knew no tickets had in fact be sold, they should have had the decency and aptitude to find a way to get someone, heck anyone, to show up and watch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 am

Imagine being the Histon players, looking up to see no supporters. Heavy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:28 am

i doubt people would go, you may get 10 in there max, but look, i bet the stadium was half empty for wrexham fans.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 am

Jordo wrote:Imagine being the Histon players, looking up to see no supporters. Heavy.
    this is true, you would be embarrassed and just think "what is the actual point, there is noone to entertain"
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 am

Ed wrote:i doubt people would go, you may get 10 in there max, but look, i bet the stadium was half empty for wrexham fans.

10 is better than none
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Ed wrote:i doubt people would go, you may get 10 in there max, but look, i bet the stadium was half empty for wrexham fans.

10 is better than none
    not much. Just as embarrassing for the players, especially the fact that they would be cheering on the other team.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:34 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

10 is better than none
    not much. Just as embarrassing for the players, especially the fact that they would be cheering on the other team.

If they were invited by Histon they wouldn't cheer on the other team -_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Ed wrote:not much. Just as embarrassing for the players, especially the fact that they would be cheering on the other team.

noone would come all the way from histon, like i said before facepalm

its not the ticket prices, its the rest of the complications which is the problem, the tickets cost barely anything.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 am

The banter would be brilliant Laughing

After every goal you'd just be like 'You're not singing anymore!'
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 am

no Forest, cause there is noone to have banter with facepalm
    claretandbluewhu
    claretandbluewhu

Supports : WEST 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Post by claretandbluewhu Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 am

My local non league side would talk atleast one there Cool
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

noone would come all the way from histon, like i said before facepalm

its not the ticket prices, its the rest of the complications which is the problem, the tickets cost barely anything.

Which is why it should have been arranged by the club scratch

What part about that do you not get?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:48 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Ed wrote:noone would come all the way from histon, like i said before facepalm

the part where even if the club did offer free tickets to people, they would still not turn up.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

the part where even if the club did offer free tickets to people, they would still not turn up.

Free tickets and arranged transportation. Would be far better for both the club and the players. PR is vital for a small football club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 am

Ed wrote:no Forest, cause there is noone to have banter with facepalm

That's the whole point

Histon take NO away fans to Wrexham Retard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:32 am