Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Muhkoo
Jordan Henderchip
easley91
Laurencio
BigJ0526
chiboygeorge
Sean
Scuba Steve
ricky//habana
SBSP
Jorlung
Ricardo
Benitez
ResurrectionRooney
Grenade
Kuled
Theo Filippo
Cadbury
Uncle John from Jamaica
Ham.
Ben 10
VivaRonaldoLAD
Zzonked
27 posters

Best goal you've seen scored by a defender

easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Best goal you've seen scored by a defender - Page 3 Empty Re: Best goal you've seen scored by a defender

Post by easley91 Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Ledley King v Man City in a league cup game, can't find a video of it. Erik Edman has already been mentioned, and whoever asked about Danny Rose he played as a left midfielder in that game so I wouldn't count it. In that case, Bale v Fulham and v Arsenal in his debut season for us when he was a left back.

Claude Davis scored a superb goal for Crawley against Burton Albion, and Dean Howell's goal v Southend.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Best goal you've seen scored by a defender - Page 3 Empty Re: Best goal you've seen scored by a defender

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:34 pm

A defender in the team I coached last season chipped the keeper from behind half way (small field) Very Happy
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Most what i would have picked have been mentioned already, no reason to keep posting the same.

Ajax defenders score quite a few goals, last season Vertonghen scored 7 and Alderweireld scored 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mS4qns7gBg&t=1m22s Is one by Alderweireld from this season. This season he has scored 2, another similar one in the league against Heerenveen, they never seem to learn they have to shut him down early.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:41 am

kyro7 wrote:

I mean, come on..

Don't mind the title.

That's my choice too. One of the best goals I've ever seen let alone by a defender.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:42 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:This should be best goals scored by center backs. Lot of fullbacks nowadays might as well be extra wingers. shifty

Best thing about it, it was against that pretty boy poor excuse of a keeper and his fellow wilas(Biggest Rival)

I agree.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:24 am

Mal wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

I mean, come on..

Don't mind the title.

That's my choice too. One of the best goals I've ever seen let alone by a defender.
    Top class strike from Edman.Best goal you've seen scored by a defender - Page 3 207657
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:04 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Or he just posted a goal being scored by a defender to help his team win the cup. I suppose it is quite conceivable that you have a different meaning of "best goal".

In that respect it was a "good" goal but really the goal itself wasn't the best you will see, it was a decent goal pretty great ball over the top by that player that did it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:20 am

you should change the title to CB, cause these days full backs are literally attackers :L
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:23 am

:L :L
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:24 am

The goals vs Man Utd, Wigan and Blackburn are my favourites.

Vermaelen not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:This should be best goals scored by center backs. Lot of fullbacks nowadays might as well be extra wingers. shifty

Best thing about it, it was against that pretty boy poor excuse of a keeper and his fellow wilas(Biggest Rival)
    whats with all the big inflatables around the pitch?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:38 am

Maybe this one.

This one is pretty close though.

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:46 am

Novi, The Creator wrote:

Vermaelen not worthy

At least he attacks like a striker as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 am

I knew what RR's post wwas going to be before I even looked. Laughing

RR you're getting boring and repetitive, I suggest you find a new way of trolling.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am

Novi, The Creator wrote:

Vermaelen Best goal you've seen scored by a defender - Page 3 914411

Always found this a little odd, unlike our two current Belgian CB's he never scored that much in his relatively long spell at Ajax. He does however attack with almost the exact same style as Vertonghen does at Ajax, and for a CB he scores a lot. He'd probably be PL top-scorer if his scoring jumps like Vermaelen's did. bounce
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Easy choice for me.

Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Albert (united vs manchester)

I shockingly agree. eek
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 am

I know he didn't mean it, but still:

Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:40 am

Lescott vs Tottenham
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:49 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Lescott vs Tottenham
    Best goal you've seen scored by a defender - Page 3 599439

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:20 pm