Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
dena
Phadunkin Donuts
El_indian
Muhkoo
Kelloggg8
Childish Logic
SBSP
Grenade
Gegilworld93
Roloman4
Sean
Kuled
Jordan Henderchip
Lux
Jess
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
LFC_Grunners
Scouser_Dave
23 posters

Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is? - Page 4 Empty Re: Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Post by Muhkoo Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:35 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Sean wrote:Hates the wrong word, but why forbid them?

Among other things it's unclean and can cause diseases.

I've asked a imam about it (danish convert, fairly reasonable, puzzling why you'd convert but anyway), and the real reason makes more sense to me and the same reason that Jews and other religions have for different animals. The pig wasn't something that lived in the desert where Islam came from, naturally the people living there didn't have a ritual or means of cooking it. Most if not all of the rules in religions like that comes down to picking rules up that made sense to the believers.

tl:dr, no pigs in Arabia, no ritual, no idea how to cook it, ban it to be safe, what would you expect them to think the first time they saw a pig rolling around in shit and mud, Mmm bacon? I doubt it.

At least i hope thats what you've been told, i don't wanna be that non believer going around saying what your or any religion really comes from.

That said, most of fast food items are fairly disgusting before (and quite a lot of them after), i prefer family owned places by large and even then its very rarely. A pizza place where i can actually see them make the food if i wanted to, is preferable. Not that i should ever eat fast food, but it happens.
    Anonymous

Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is? - Page 4 Empty Re: Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Muhkoo wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Among other things it's unclean and can cause diseases.

I've asked a imam about it (danish convert, fairly reasonable, puzzling why you'd convert but anyway), and the real reason makes more sense to me and the same reason that Jews and other religions have for different animals. The pig wasn't something that lived in the desert where Islam came from, naturally the people living there didn't have a ritual or means of cooking it. Most if not all of the rules in religions like that comes down to picking rules up that made sense to the believers.

tl:dr, no pigs in Arabia, no ritual, no idea how to cook it, ban it to be safe, what would you expect them to think the first time they saw a pig rolling around in shit and mud, Mmm bacon? I doubt it.

At least i hope thats what you've been told, i don't wanna be that non believer going around saying what your or any religion really comes from.

Well the way I see it is the swine has been a main carrier of certain diseases and even recently, pork was still not cooked well enough and was a problem. So obviously it's safe to ban it 1400+ years ago. I'm sure the meat isn't as bad now as it was back then.

But there could be other reasons as to why pork was forbidden that we don't know about yet.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Chicken Nuggets are so good with the sweet & sour BBq sauce
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 pm

El_indian wrote:Chicken Nuggets are so good with the sweet & sour BBq sauce

Chicken nuggets are just good with anything.

BRB gonna make some.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:31 am

ahlycotc wrote:You can see why God would have forbidden the eating of such a meat back then.

I can see why people may not have eaten pork...as disease would be more rife in those days and generally speaking the quality of health and safety/cooking quality would be lower.

I've never had a problem with pork at all...if anything the times where I can recall being ill on quite a few occasions due to food is because of Halal chicken from those "Chicken and chips" takeaway places.

ahlycotc wrote:But there could be other reasons as to why pork was forbidden that we don't know about yet.

There's no way that stuff from back then about prk is not scientifically known to us now Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:34 am

Lux wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:You can see why God would have forbidden the eating of such a meat back then.

I can see why people may not have eaten pork...as disease would be more rife in those days and generally speaking the quality of health and safety/cooking quality would be lower.

I've never had a problem with pork at all...if anything the times where I can recall being ill on quite a few occasions due to food is because of Halal chicken from those "Chicken and chips" takeaway places.

ahlycotc wrote:But there could be other reasons as to why pork was forbidden that we don't know about yet.

There's no way that stuff from back then about prk is not scientifically known to us now Laughing

I'm not talking about diseases.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:56 am

ahlycotc wrote:I'm not talking about diseases.

Then what? They are actually angels and when we eat them we go to hell? Cry
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:12 am

i cant eat from this place anymore..

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:34 am

Lux wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:I'm not talking about diseases.

No, what I mean is God could have forbidden it for reasons unknown to us. Maybe we will find them out later. Not every reason for every commandment is known to us.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:37 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Lux wrote:

No, what I mean is God could have forbidden it for reasons unknown to us. Maybe we will find them out later. Not every reason for every commandment is known to us.

Yeah, but you're going on the assumption that it is God who forbade it, rather than just people/society generally choosing not to eat it What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:35 am

If it was anything dangerous, it would be illegal. People make such a big deal about these things.

Everything in moderation chaps.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 am

I just can't eat things like sausages. I'm constantly in fear of coming across a piece of gristle (a little bit of shit that you can't chew). Just ruins my life.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:39 am

^Same.

That is why I eat sausages exclusively from the Polish store.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 am

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:^Same.

Bloody Polski Schleps Neutral
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 am

still tasty doe smug
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:24 am

Lux wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:^Same.

-_-
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:25 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Lux wrote:

'

I gave a perfectly logical explanation why a religion ban a certain animal and you go say something like this Very Happy

Ofc using a logical explanation to prove why a religion is doing something, that is highly illogical. We've hit a brick wall here.

Any non polish will probably get diarrhea from eating polish sausages, was in Krakow 2 days, both my dad and my brother got it, i ate chicken.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 am

What on earth are you talking about? I have never heard of this in my life.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:44 am

Even know I know the kind of shit that makes sausages (a lot of people do tbh Laughing ) I still eat them, not arsed at all. Neutral

Same with chicken nuggets really. I'd still eat them after seeing this, even though I don't think it's the first time I have.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:04 am

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:
    Lux wrote:

-_-

Polski Sklep* Neutral

I see them all over the place....sometimes like 3 or 4 on one road.

I don't get it...I seriously doubt that Polish food is really that different to ours or better. E.G....Polish bread.....what's the point? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Polish Bread is the same motha fucking bread. Laughing

Everything else in Polish Cuisine > every other cuisine. Cool

I have yet to meet a person to say they dislike Polish food.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 pm

I dislike Polish food.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

That article sounds so stupid with words like 'Barf' in it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

SBSP wrote:I dislike Polish food.
    I will go to fucking California and feed you Polish food.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:04 pm

I hope Bruce Hampton's audience was not teenagers or older.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Pippo wrote:That article sounds so stupid with words like 'Barf' in it.

rather be stupid than fat and unhealthy.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:
    Pippo wrote:That article sounds so stupid with words like 'Barf' in it.

Don't think he is stupid, just trying to be informal as it suits a younger audience who are more likely to eat Junk Foods, though, Hampton does use Taboo langiage such as 'crap' in his article so I am not sure.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Pippo wrote:
    Phadunkin Donuts wrote:

Don't think he is stupid, just trying to be informal as it suits a younger audience who are more likely to eat Junk Foods, though, Hampton does use Taboo langiage such as 'crap' in his article so I am not sure.

Ahh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Polish food tastes like dog shit. Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:39 pm

I may have missed the boat here, but pork is hardly a danger anymore. It may have been back in the day, but it just seems archaic to still follow a ritual saying it is because a book says so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:31 am