Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Northerner
Dedge
Jayx1012
ResurrectionRooney
8 posters

8-Year Old Cagefighters. Guess where it is?

Anonymous

8-Year Old Cagefighters. Guess where it is? Empty 8-Year Old Cagefighters. Guess where it is?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:08 am

...its in....Preston. Laughing

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/21/eight-year-old-children-cage-fight-preston?newsfeed=true

A social club in the north-west of England has been hosting cage fights with children as young as eight.

The Greenlands Labour Club in Preston, Lancashire, hosted a ticket-only fight night that included the eight-year-olds' bout which lasted 10 minutes.

In video footage, one of the boys who is bare-chested, stands over another child who is on the floor of the cage. A man in the front row can be seen urging one of the children to keep his chin up, as another man raises his arms in the air. The smaller child has his arm twisted during the bout.

Pretty Sick tbh, what parent lets there child do this at 8. 16+ Okay, but 8 come on. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

8-Year Old Cagefighters. Guess where it is? Empty Re: 8-Year Old Cagefighters. Guess where it is?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:29 am

I was actually at this, it was disgusting. Had no idea that this sort of thing would be going on, would never have gone if I had.
    Jayx1012

8-Year Old Cagefighters. Guess where it is? Empty Re: 8-Year Old Cagefighters. Guess where it is?

Post by Jayx1012 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 am

I knew you were young rooney but didn't know you liked to cagefight.
    Dedge
    Dedge

Post by Dedge Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:46 am

Nothing wrong, get 'em started young if there gunna kick shit outta each other whyyyyyyyy not.
    &
    At one point, one of the children appears to burst into tears, and
    medical staff are called in to check them. None of the children are
    wearing headgear or padding, but the organisers pointed out that they
    were not allowed to kick or punch each other and that it had been "an
    extremely good event."

They shouldn't make them fight if it's going make them cry. But there not punching or kicking, just grappling.
    Northerner
    Northerner

Supports : Preston North End

Post by Northerner Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:13 am

Whats with the laughing face after Preston?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:17 am

Pretty groce.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:46 am

It's only grappling, I don't know why everyone is making a big fuss over it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:54 am

You obviously didn't see the event, it was a disgrace. Two 8 year old hurting each other until they gave up with hundreds of lairy pissheads roaring them on, encouraging them not to quit, and one disgusted intellectual watching with tears in his eyes. It was a horrible scene.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You obviously didn't see the event, it was a disgrace. Two 8 year old hurting each other until they gave up with hundreds of lairy pissheads roaring them on, encouraging them not to quit, and one disgusted intellectual watching with tears in his eyes. It was a horrible scene.

Yeah if you put it like that then It does sound bad but If these kids want to be professional MMA fighters then this is the best way for them to learn.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:29 am

Overexaggerated story to make MMA look bad.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:38 am

Splashy wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:You obviously didn't see the event, it was a disgrace. Two 8 year old hurting each other until they gave up with hundreds of lairy pissheads roaring them on, encouraging them not to quit, and one disgusted intellectual watching with tears in his eyes. It was a horrible scene.

Yeah if you put it like that then It does sound bad but If these kids want to be professional MMA fighters then this is the best way for them to learn.
    When they're eight? That's just wrong.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:42 am

SBSP wrote:
    Splashy wrote:

When they're eight? That's just wrong.
    Like Spider said it's an Over-exaggerated story.

MMA is a very tough sport and this is the best way for them to learn, The kids have trained for it so they knew what to expect and no one was forcing them to it, they did it because they wanted to. Also it's only grappling, they're not going to get seriously hurt by it.

Last edited by Splashy on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:44 pm

There is nothing wrong with learning the sport at a young age. I believe it's wrong to make it full contact at that age though. The kids are not disciplined enough to make the right decisions all the time.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:37 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I was actually at this, it was disgusting. Had no idea that this sort of thing would be going on, would never have gone if I had.

You did?

Typical really, hosted on Greenlands, this kind of thing is to be expected.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:57 am

I had only been to that shit hole once before, I didn't know what to expect.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:00 am

Dind't realise it was in Preston Laughing
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Post by Ben 10 Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:26 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I had only been to that shit hole once before, I didn't know what to expect.

Are you not worried that your identity may be found out by the videos on YouTube?

Greenlands is probably one of the roughest areas, kids always hanging about, big fights etc.

My mum's boyfriend was at this event and he didn't mention anything about kids fighting.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:32 am

Ben 10 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I had only been to that shit hole once before, I didn't know what to expect.

Are you not worried that your identity may be found out by the videos on YouTube?

Greenlands is probably one of the roughest areas, kids always hanging about, big fights etc.

My mum's boyfriend was at this event and he didn't mention anything about kids fighting.

Already checked.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Post by Ben 10 Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:39 am

I was offered a ticket to go to this too, saw a poster in a barbers in Preston and I have heard of the Chester's (one was fighting in it)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:52 am

One of those 8-year-olds will go on to become the greatest cage fighter of all time.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Post by Ben 10 Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:57 am

One of the guys name is Kain Makinson.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:00 am

Ben 10 wrote:One of the guys name is Kain Makinson.

That's a good name for a cage fighter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:37 am