Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Roloman4
LFC_Grunners
Jordan Henderchip
Clark
VivaRonaldoLAD
Theo Filippo
Gegilworld93
RubyArmyCTFC
Scuba Steve
Mason
Ben 10
coolhead33
ShakerMatty
Jordi
Mal
Zzonked
Childish Logic
Sean
Benitez
GK01
24 posters

Writers Needed

GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Writers Needed - Page 10 Empty Re: Writers Needed

Post by GK01 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:55 am

ahlycotc wrote:There are some errors in my article....

1) Near the end of the third paragraph. It should read "era" instead of "ear".
    2) Tunisia's prediction should be "Fourth Place" not "Group Stage". I never wrote Group Stage. I had it originally as "Quarterfinal" before asking for a change.

1) I'll fix that
    2) All the others had Group Stage and not Forth and Third Place so I went off what you did.

Edit: Oh shit Ahly, sorry on the second, I noticed a third place I'll change it now.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:56 am

Just need to get these articles advertised and maybe someone can make the site look better. shifty
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:56 am

Mal wrote:Just need to get these articles advertised and maybe someone can make the site look better. shifty

That was the best theme that fit our banner, just saying.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 am

Do we have to use all of our own pictures? Or can we use found pictures? And if that's the case, do we need to reference them?
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:59 am

ResurrectionRaddy wrote:Do we have to use all of our own pictures? Or can we use found pictures? And if that's the case, do we need to reference them?

I'm no longer editing the image just going to say that here.

I normally find the images so easy for me to reference but I'm going to get people to find images and edit them for me soon so yep shifty
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 am

Twitter handlers, push the ACON article before it starts. shifty
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 am

I wasn't happy that i was too slow to catch the danish one. I do reserve the right to comment and criticize on the 2 teams i follow most, Denmark being one

"Sadly for them they’ve never won a major tournament, the furthest they have reached in a competition is the Semi-Finals in 1984, in-fact, many players from the ‘Olsen Gang’ still play (All be it 10 years older than they were)."

Denmark WON Euro 1992, the only players left from the original Olsen Gang of 2002 and 2004 are Thomas Sørensen (Goalkeeper, still Premier league class) Dennis Rommedahl (Spent his fall in Brøndby playing most matches with injury, still the fastest man we have at our disposal) Martin Jørgensen(AGF) and Christian Poulsen(Evian) also, but they are bench/reserve players now due to Stuttgart's William Kvist and Club Brugge's Niki Zimling. Unless Daniel Jensen has the best spring in his career in bottom Serie A club Novara the 4 previous mentioned are the only old Olsen Gang members that will get a call-up for Euro 2012.

Else the descriptions of the players are fine (Agger one is a bit odd). Honorable mention probably lacks William Kvist, midfield engine for Stuttgart and Denmark (highly instrumental to FCK being able to contain Barcelona at home last CL season and making it to the CL Round of 16) who is currently ranked as the 24th best player in Germany on the Kicker.de ranking list. Above players like Neuer, Lahm, Gomez, Raul and Podolski.

Dumped that in the Euro article thread, but being overlooked Cry
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 am

Muhkoo wrote:
    I wasn't happy that i was too slow to catch the danish one. I do reserve the right to comment and criticize on the 2 teams i follow most, Denmark being one

"Sadly for them they’ve never won a major tournament, the furthest they have reached in a competition is the Semi-Finals in 1984, in-fact, many players from the ‘Olsen Gang’ still play (All be it 10 years older than they were)."

Denmark WON Euro 1992, the only players left from the original Olsen Gang of 2002 and 2004 are Thomas Sørensen (Goalkeeper, still Premier league class) Dennis Rommedahl (Spent his fall in Brøndby playing most matches with injury, still the fastest man we have at our disposal) Martin Jørgensen(AGF) and Christian Poulsen(Evian) also, but they are bench/reserve players now due to Stuttgart's William Kvist and Club Brugge's Niki Zimling. Unless Daniel Jensen has the best spring in his career in bottom Serie A club Novara the 4 previous mentioned are the only old Olsen Gang members that will get a call-up for Euro 2012.

Else the descriptions of the players are fine (Agger one is a bit odd). Honorable mention probably lacks William Kvist, midfield engine for Stuttgart and Denmark (highly instrumental to FCK being able to contain Barcelona at home last CL season and making it to the CL Round of 16) who is currently ranked as the 24th best player in Germany on the Kicker.de ranking list. Above players like Neuer, Lahm, Gomez, Raul and Podolski.

I didn't see it just being posting what I've been forwarded, and I mean I've already had one formatting nightmare after editing today shifty
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:19 am

Muhkoo wrote:

That's quite the omission Laughing
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:20 am

GK01 wrote:
    Muhkoo wrote:

I didn't see it just being posting what I've been forwarded, and I mean I've already had one formatting nightmare after editing today Writers Needed - Page 10 279869

Yea that was a long article on France, TL:DR Hope someone has fact checked the rest, i mean if you want the blog as a serious project thats probably on top of the list of important things to do.

A fact checker!!
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:22 am

Muhkoo wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

I didn't see it just being posting what I've been forwarded, and I mean I've already had one formatting nightmare after editing today Writers Needed - Page 10 279869

Yea that was a long article on France, TL:DR Hope someone has fact checked the rest, i mean if you want the blog as a serious project thats probably on top of the list of important things to do.

A fact checker!!

You want to do it? shifty
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:49 am

What's with the text being all over the place shifty
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:58 am

Where the fucks my Ireland article you penis!
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Laurencio wrote:What's with the text being all over the place shifty

I had it formatted fine with the ACoN article but when Ahly pointed out the mistakes it went back to default and I couldn't fix it again for some reason Neutral

Sean wrote:Where the fucks my Ireland article you penis!

It will be put up just wait.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Don't put the blame on me. Rolling Eyes

shifty
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:04 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Don't put the blame on me. Rolling Eyes

shifty

No I'm not blaming you I'm blaming the editing on Wordpress Laughing

Edit: Ahly your article was the only one put up yesterday and we also had our busiest day yesterday in terms of views. Congratulations.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:28 pm

You should have a link to the blog at the top of the site (in the menu)
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am

Sammo, reckon I could do a Premiership team of the week every Tuesday? Just select the best 11 players I think from the week and write a couple of sentences about each? I think it would be a good feature, I generally enjoy reading stuff like that myself.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:42 am

Zzonked wrote:Sammo, reckon I could do a Premiership team of the week every Tuesday? Just select the best 11 players I think from the week and write a couple of sentences about each? I think it would be a good feature, I generally enjoy reading stuff like that myself.
    If garth crooks can do it...
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:Sammo, reckon I could do a Premiership team of the week every Tuesday? Just select the best 11 players I think from the week and write a couple of sentences about each? I think it would be a good feature, I generally enjoy reading stuff like that myself.

Garth Crook does some weird selections, he has such a hard on for Yaya Toure he picks him virtually every game even when he's not played well. Laughing
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 am

GK01 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:What's with the text being all over the place shifty

I had it formatted fine with the ACoN article but when Ahly pointed out the mistakes it went back to default and I couldn't fix it again for some reason Neutral

Sean wrote:Where the fucks my Ireland article you penis!

Well you should fix it. Looks terrible. His article is way too good to look like that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:

Garth Crook does some weird selections, he has such a hard on for Yaya Toure he picks him virtually every game even when he's not played well. Laughing
    He does the same with colo... But im not complaing, someone from the media rates us Writers Needed - Page 10 644235
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:20 am

Twitter handlers need to push this shit more. Only 624 views in a week. Abysmal.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 am

Laurencio wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

Well you should fix it. Looks terrible. His article is way too good to look like that.

I can't I tried fixing it 5 times and it just goes back or looks worse every single time.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:59 am

I will get mine all sorted by the end of the week. Wink
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 am

GK01 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

I can't I tried fixing it 5 times and it just goes back or looks worse every single time.

Instead of looking at the "editor mode" look at coding mode. You will find a ton of silly html tags in there. I guarantee you.

Actually there's a ton of this crap:

Code:
    <h2 align="LEFT"

<p align="LEFT"

That breaks it.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 am

Laurencio wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

Instead of looking at the "editor mode" look at coding mode. You will find a ton of silly html tags in there. I guarantee you.

Code:
    <h2 align="LEFT"

<p align="LEFT"

That breaks it.

Ok then, I think it's just how to Wordpress is set up in visual mode, since I'll be honest I'm not great in HTML.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:12 am

GK01 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Code:
    <h2 align="LEFT"

<p align="LEFT"

That breaks it.

Ok then, I think it's just how to Wordpress is set up in visual mode, since I'll be honest I'm not great in HTML.

I'll fix it for you if you want, but you really need to learn how it works Razz
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:15 am

Laurencio wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

The problem is the visual editors is set to not really break up a paragraph when you press enter, because it doesn't just jump a new line it jumps one and a half so it still looks like it's part of the other paragraph and if you press it twice the gap is too large, it's all bullshit Laughing

And if you want but I'll have to change the password for a second then I'll PM it to you shifty
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:18 am

GK01 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

The problem is the visual editors is set to not really break up a paragraph when you press enter, because it doesn't just jump a new line it jumps one and a half so it still looks like it's part of the other paragraph and if you press it twice the gap is too large, it's all bullshit Laughing

And if you want but I'll have to change the password for a second then I'll PM it to you shifty

Laughing Sounds annoying.

Up to you, I'll be happy to fix it for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:16 pm