Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Lux
Jord
6 posters

Anyone take English Language at As Level?

Anonymous

Anyone take English Language at As Level? Empty Anyone take English Language at As Level?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:39 am

Help me with my coursework please.

I'm good at writing when given an idea.

So, give me an idea on what to write.

-Short Story
    -Short Story with a twist
    -Crime Story
    -Childrens Story

There the options. I like to include humour in my work so no boring suggestions please.

X
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Anyone take English Language at As Level? Empty Re: Anyone take English Language at As Level?

Post by Jord Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:41 am

Black boy gets beaten by mum
    Black boy gets bullied(Turns out he's white)
    Postman pat goes on a rampage
    Stan Marsh is a stapler
    Anonymous

Anyone take English Language at As Level? Empty Re: Anyone take English Language at As Level?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:43 am

Creative ideas. My English teachers black though, doubt she'd find it amusing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 am

I did ... dropped it after 1 week total bollocks.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 am

I did it in A2 as well......super boring and annoying.

For short story I did this spy who was captured in Russia (we were set the theme of entrapment), short story with a twist?.....that could be anything...the story just has to be good enough to surprise the reader.

Crime story? Endless possibilities......IMO stray as far from reality as possible. We were told to base our stories on a real life crime.....and it's easiest to just base it on that crime but it doesn't have to be the same characters, setting, conversations etc. If you try too hard to emulate a real crime it'll just be really boring.

Children's story.....You like to have humour so just make it a funny story? ....You could pick characters that children would be interested in.....I'd say that whilst having human characters to some extent is good, having some non human characters who could talk is a good idea. Make it something children would understand......so being lost and trying to get home? Perhaps something supernatural e.g. Santa Claus comes......but something more original then that.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 am

Would never do English at a level. GCSE is bad enough Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:03 pm

Do it yourself.

But I did a murder story for my crime one, and the story with a twist was about a man lost in the woods being chased by a man covered in blood - with the twist being the man was actually trying to help him.

Sounds shit, but it got me an A.. Neutral
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:14 am

I remember doing a story based on David NGog Laughing.

"The Ball rolled along the icy grass, before it was swiftly met by the boot of David. The silence of the brittle, winter morning was broken by the anticipated ripple of the net..."

It was amazing and I got an A* Laughing. Shame it didn't mean anything though Sad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:22 am

A woman gets raped....get this......by her self Anyone take English Language at As Level? 279869
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:44 am

xNiPPY wrote:A woman gets raped....get this......by her self Anyone take English Language at As Level? 279869

Anyone take English Language at As Level? 70955

Do this!
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:16 am

A homeless man scrounges up some money to get the bus in the morning to the job centre. On the way there he notices a scruffy looking guy sat on a bench in the park watching a child play with his dog. He doesn't think much of it. After going to the job centre he is told to come back tomorrow so he goes back to the homeless shelter.

The next day he is given bus money to go back, on the way there he notices the scruffy man watching the child play with his dog again, he still doesn't think much of it and proceeds to the job centre, where he is told to go back a third time to fill in some forms. The guy goes back to his homeless shelter.

He gets more money the next day to go back and on the way there the man is still watching the child and his dog. He starts to get curious, he goes to the job centre and after filling in some forms he is told to go back the week after to see if there are any jobs available. The man goes back to the homeless shelter but can't stop thinking about the man looking at the kid.

The morning after, even though he doesn't have to go to the job centre, he tells some volunteers he does and they give him more money for the bus. On the bus he keeps his eye out for the man watching the child play but they're not there, so he gets off at the next stop and sits on the bench for a while. The child shows up with his dog a little later than usual and plays catch with it. Then homeless man decides to stay there and wait for the scruffy looking man to arrive, then he realises the scruffy looking man who was watching the child play was in fact him. shifty
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:42 am

Mindfuck.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Royal Flush wrote:A homeless man scrounges up some money to get the bus in the morning to the job centre. On the way there he notices a scruffy looking guy sat on a bench in the park watching a child play with his dog. He doesn't think much of it. After going to the job centre he is told to come back tomorrow so he goes back to the homeless shelter.

The next day he is given bus money to go back, on the way there he notices the scruffy man watching the child play with his dog again, he still doesn't think much of it and proceeds to the job centre, where he is told to go back a third time to fill in some forms. The guy goes back to his homeless shelter.

He gets more money the next day to go back and on the way there the man is still watching the child and his dog. He starts to get curious, he goes to the job centre and after filling in some forms he is told to go back the week after to see if there are any jobs available. The man goes back to the homeless shelter but can't stop thinking about the man looking at the kid.

The morning after, even though he doesn't have to go to the job centre, he tells some volunteers he does and they give him more money for the bus. On the bus he keeps his eye out for the man watching the child play but they're not there, so he gets off at the next stop and sits on the bench for a while. The child shows up with his dog a little later than usual and plays catch with it. Then homeless man decides to stay there and wait for the scruffy looking man to arrive, then he realises the scruffy looking man who was watching the child play was in fact him. shifty

So going for that "Fight Club" mindfuck shit.......it'd be good if the storyline actually lead to anything decent :affraid: confused
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:30 pm

The kid then tells his dad then his dad beats the fuck out of the homeless guy and kills him? shifty
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Royal Flush wrote:The kid then tells his dad then his dad beats the fuck out of the homeless guy and kills him? shifty

Make the wife of the dad Megan Fox and we got a film on our hands eek

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:27 pm