Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Bye_Ya
Andy Mitchell
Forest
ConorCelticFC
Juventino
SophisticatedBeggar
Ham.
crump
Muhkoo
Trent
Cam
zeke_cross
Ra's al Ghul
Lil-Milzer-Ladd
Harrold
MickStupp
Danny
Keanoo
Marvin
Start.
jeb4eva
JK
Jess
VivaRonaldoLAD
George
Dink
Kuled
iSamuel
Grenade
CoVkId01
Paulinho
Clark
TheRangersFan
Zzonked
ayvee1
Scuba Steve
Benitez
Krul
Lux
jonnyc23
Pippo
Steadman
SBSP
Demoz
Childish Logic
dena
Sean
Dean
El_indian
Jorlung
Mal
55 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Anonymous

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 am

ilJuventino wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

With films like these and the ones I highlighted in Ahly's list, it just becomes subjective.

Everything in this thread is subjective...

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 5 537999 I just mean it would be a toss-up between those ones. They're all on the same level.
    Anonymous

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:50 am

In what way will TSN be remembered as the film that defined this era? What does it have that others don't?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    ilJuventino wrote:

Everything in this thread is subjective...

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 5 537999 I just mean it would be a toss-up between those ones. They're all on the same level.

I know what you meant, I was just being a wiseass. Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

ilJuventino wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Ledger's performance isn't miles above any in TSN. Anyway, the ensemble cast of TSN was much more impressive than TDK.
    Maybe TDK is more relevant to this generation than Adam West's Batman or Tim Burton's, but it certainly doesn't have more contemporary value than TSN. TSN will be remembered in the future as the film that defined an era, like The Godfather.

Facebook and Twitter may be remembered as the social networks that may have "defined an era," I don't know to what extent the film you're referring to will...

It will define the generation as much as any film can. I will be proven right in the future... hopefully.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:52 am

Sarmz wrote:In what way will TSN be remembered as the film that defined this era? What does it have that others don't?

My unadulterated support. Enough of this conversation now, it's boring.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 am

Sorry, but there was nothing special or defining about the movie. Something like Avatar changed the movie industry. But TSN?!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:56 am

@BG

The film definitely captures a lot of what this generation is about. As you said, we'll just have to wait and see as to how much it may have "defined" it.

Last edited by ilJuventino on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    ilJuventino wrote:

Facebook and Twitter may be remembered as the social networks that may have "defined an era," I don't know to what extent the film you're referring to will...

It will define the generation as much as any film can. I will be proven right in the future... hopefully.

In 10 years time I'll find you and laugh in your face when you're proven wrong Razz
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 am

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 am

Sarmz wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

In 10 years time I'll find you and laugh in your face when you're proven wrong Razz

In ten years time, Astrid-Berges will still be a terrible actress.

Spoiler:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:02 am

If I watch the movies I missed in 2010, I bet TSN wouldn't even have been the best film of that year.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:06 am

El_indian wrote:Avatar was shit

Still haven't seen it shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:07 am

ahlycotc wrote:If I watch the movies I missed in 2010, I bet TSN wouldn't even have been the best film of that year.

Neutral It was easily the best film of that year by miles.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:11 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    El_indian wrote:The Social Network is a great movie but The Dark Knight is phenomenal.

Both are phenomenal, but TSN is more phenomenal.

I agree with the man for nowhere. TSN>>>TDK
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Slumdog Millionaire? Christ Laughing.

I turned that off after 30 minnuites because I was bored out of my mind.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Pippo wrote:Slumdog Millionaire? Christ Laughing.

Racist.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Get lost Pip. facepalm Grand master of all hipsters.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Pippo wrote:Slumdog Millionaire? Christ Laughing.

Racist.

How dare you! The actors were fabulous, the storyline was just drivel.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Inception: 10/10 MIND=BLOWN

Spoiler:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Yah I know. Laughing

Inception wasn't so mind=blown as everyone said. I understood the concept well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:Yah I know. Laughing

Inception wasn't so mind=blown as everyone said. I understood the concept well.

It made more sense as the movie went on. I was confused about the Limbo part though. Then I got it after reading the plot after the movie.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Pippo wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

Racist.

How dare you! The actors were fabulous, the storyline was just drivel.

Agree, the story in beginning with the kids growing up is great.

When they're older it becomes horrible, the guy kills himself in a bathtub full of money Laughing WTF

Overrated!!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm watching Social Networking tonight, I will be the deciding verdict over the film. Problem guys?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:I'm watching Social Networking tonight, I will be the deciding verdict over the film. Problem guys?

At least you aren't going in with such high expectations as I did.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm watching A Beautiful Mind.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Haven't bothered with Inception yet, I recorded it the other day but then I realised it was quite long so I couldn't be arsed to watch it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm almost done with A Beautiful Mind. It's only 11pm here!! After that, I'm going to watch new episodes from the following shows...

Parks and Recreation
    30 Rock
    The Big Bang Theory
    The Office
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 pm

ahlycotc wrote:I'm watching A Biuriful Mind.

Splashy wrote:Haven't bothered with Inception yet, I recorded it the other day but then I realised it was quite long so I couldn't be arsed to watch it.
    Watch it. Now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:47 pm

A Beautiful Mind: 10/10

Yet another movie that's better than The Social Network.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:28 am