Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Vexxed
Carlos Jenkinson
Lux
Mustangt125
Phadunkin Donuts
VivaRonaldoLAD
Laurencio
Gegilworld93
Kuled
Andy
Paulinho
Theo Filippo
Mason
17 posters

Evra video using n-word

Anonymous

Evra video using n-word - Page 2 Empty Re: Evra video using n-word

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:03 am

Is "ice cream" supposed to be offensive against white people?

If someone call me an ice cream I would just laugh.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:04 am

Really fat white people look like ice cream naked...vanilla flavoured ice cream though.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:05 am

Ice cream not worthy
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:06 am

I love ice cream Very Happy
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 am

I love a good 99 or a screwball. Very Happy
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 am

Splashy wrote:Is "ice cream" supposed to be offensive against white people?

If someone call me an ice cream I would just laugh.

haha.

try saying the n word and post..

it turns into the word, ice cream
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:08 am

can't you just change it to Nigel shifty thats what I call my black mates Laughing
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 am

Theo Filippo wrote:can't you just change it to Nigel shifty thats what I call my black mates Laughing

Choclate Bear Razz
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:21 am

I love Suarez and hate Evra, but I think context can be important in these matters.

However, isn't a bit hypocritical to say Evra's culture matters, and since he is black he can say the word. But when Suarez, who didnt even say the n word, claims it is different because of his culture, it is discounted?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:23 am

Mustangt125 wrote:I love Suarez and hate Evra, but I think context can be important in these matters.

However, isn't a bit hypocritical to say Evra's culture matters, and since he is black he can say the word. But when Suarez, who didnt even say the n word, claims it is different because of his culture, it is discounted?

The major difference here is that Evra is saying it during a bit in his hotel room, and Suarez is saying it on the pitch to another player during an arguement. No one would give a toss if Suarez was calling Glen Johnson negro, or even "my nigga" because they aren't arguing. Context is alpha, omega.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:29 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:I love Suarez and hate Evra, but I think context can be important in these matters.

The major difference here is that Evra is saying it during a bit in his hotel room, and Suarez is saying it on the pitch to another player during an arguement. No one would give a toss if Suarez was calling Glen Johnson negro, or even "my nigga" because they aren't arguing. Context is alpha, omega.

Have you ever said 'fuck off mate' or anything similar to someone when you were angry?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:32 am

Dan wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Have you ever said 'fuck off mate' or anything similar to someone when you were angry?

Of course. If you are going to argue that "negro" is exactly the same as "mate" then you would be wrong though. Even in Uruguay the word "negro" has an exclusively negative when used in an insult or with a sneer, especially if you do not have a previous relationship with the person in question, as noted by the numerous experts in south american culture who contributed during the hearing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:34 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Of course. If you are going to argue that "negro" is exactly the same as "mate" then you would be wrong though. Even in Uruguay the word "negro" has an exclusively negative when used in an insult or with a sneer, especially if you do not have a previous relationship with the person in question, as noted by the numerous experts in south american culture who contributed during the hearing.

And then countered by numerous people off it For starters, these experts didn't even get the Spanish Suarez used correct.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:34 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Maybe you saw some other stuff I haven't seen, because I saw multiple players come out in support of Suarez and say shit like that happened all the time, including ablack man named Peirera.

What I gathered was in the same way a British man might say oh fuck off mate to an opposing player eeven though they aren't great friends, meaning as it's a figure of speech, it just rolls off the tongue.....the same way a Uruguayan might say negro, or imn the event Evra weighed 250 lbs he probably would have said "gordo"

......if that made sense.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:35 am

Patrice Evra should be banned from football. How dare he call our Assistant Manager and Forwards Coach who just so happens to be black; a nigga. Disgusting.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:44 am

Dan wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

And then countered by numerous people off it For starters, these experts didn't even get the Spanish Suarez used correct.

Yes they did Neutral They argued that the spanish presented by the FA investigation to the comission was innacurate. I dunno where you have your information from, but the report clearly states that they found Suarez' alledged choice of words to be "strange, yet not impossible".

Mustangt125 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Maybe you saw some other stuff I haven't seen, because I saw multiple players come out in support of Suarez and say shit like that happened all the time, including ablack man named Peirera.

What I gathered was in the same way a British man might say oh fuck off mate to an opposing player eeven though they aren't great friends, meaning as it's a figure of speech, it just rolls off the tongue.....the same way a Uruguayan might say negro, or imn the event Evra weighed 250 lbs he probably would have said "gordo"

......if that made sense.

Half of the Uruguayan's who have come out in "support" have generally been saying that "these things happen on the pitch". Arguing that Suarez isn't a racist so it doesn't mean anything (no one has actually claimed he is a racist either). That retarded Poyet even said that "it's is just part of the game, Evra should keep it to himself". Well these "things" aren't acceptable in the UK, in fact they are criminal offences.

Honestly I don't know if he is guilty or innocent in what he supposedly said, but negro when used with a sneer or in an insult is exclusively considered negative. If not in Urugay, it damn well is in Europe where Suarez has been living for half a decade.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:47 am

[quote="Laurencio"]
    Dan wrote:

Yes they did Neutral They argued that the spanish presented by the FA investigation to the comission was innacurate. I dunno where you have your information from, but the report clearly states that they found Suarez' alledged choice of words to be "strange, yet not impossible".

Can't find it now as the website won't work, but a South American linguistics expert pointed out different aspects of the Spanish stated in the report and argued that the suffixes or something used isn't applicable with the Spanish used in the area that Suarez comes from.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:49 am

[quote="Dan"]
    Laurencio wrote:

Can't find it now as the website won't work, but a South American linguistics expert pointed out different aspects of the Spanish stated in the report and argued that the suffixes or something used isn't applicable with the Spanish used in the area that Suarez comes from.

Yeah, that he wouldn't use "tu es negro", but rather the "vos" form. It was covered extensively in the report by the experts.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:54 am

Chocolate ice cream Neutral
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:57 am

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:16 am

Dan wrote:Perfectly acceptable for a black man to use this word. Black people cannot be racist after all.
    According to Evra they can.

Evra claimed Senegalese fans were being racist towards him before the WC. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:17 am

[quote="Laurencio"]
    Dan wrote:

Yeah, that he wouldn't use "tu es negro", but rather the "vos" form. It was covered extensively in the report by the experts.
    Except in Latin America, we don't use "vos". That is only in Spain. Neutral
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:20 am

[quote="Lu❣️s Suarez"]
    Laurencio wrote:Except in Latin America, we don't use "vos". That is only in Spain. Neutral

Except for in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:22 am

[quote="Laurencio"]
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:

Except for in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Neutral
    Only very formally. Usted is used informally. I'd imagine the informal version would be used on the pitch.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:24 am

[quote="Lu❣️s Suarez"]
    Laurencio wrote:Only very formally. Usted is used informally. I'd imagine the informal version would be used on the pitch.

Voseo is extensively used in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Neutral
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 am

Uh! I'm a nice dude, with some nice dreams
    See these ice cubes, see these Ice Creams?
    Eligible bachelor, million dollar boat
    That's whiter than what's spilling down your throat
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:30 am

[quote="Laurencio"]
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:

Voseo is extensively used in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Neutral
    If it is, I totally didn't notice that in the hundreds of Argentinian and Uruguayan tourists I've dealt with in Venezuela. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:30 am

Evra video using n-word - Page 2 Please-just-shut-up
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 am

[quote="Lu❣️s Suarez"]
    Laurencio wrote:If it is, I totally didn't notice that in the hundreds of Argentinian and Uruguayan tourists I've dealt with in Venezuela. Neutral

You're deaf Neutral

Seriously though, I have no idea. Just posting what I find in these research papers. If they did get the language wrong, then Evra's claim is even more difficult to deny as the spanish he presented would, according to you, be considered accurate in Uruguay, but innacurate in Spain.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:34 am

I'm not really arguing about Evra anymore. TBH I didn't even read the previous exchange between you and Dan. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:25 am