Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Ange Postecoglu: Is he crazy?

GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Ange Postecoglu: Is he crazy? Empty Ange Postecoglu: Is he crazy?

Post by GK01 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:30 am

I don't know if that will work but that's Ange Postecoglus post game press conference after Brisbanes 3-3 draw against Perth, if that doesn't work here's the transcript

Here is the full interview between Ange Postecoglou and Nick Meredith from Fox Sports Football after the 3-3 draw between Brisbane Roar FC and Perth Glory:

NM: Does that feel like you've come here and stolen a point?

AP: Ah yeah defiantly, we were garbage today absolute rubbish, not what I expect from our club and unacceptable on every level. I don't want to be too harsh because that takes away from Perth who were good and worked hard and were desperate and were defiantly deserving of the 3 points, it was highway robbery we got something, we didn't deserve anything and im a bit disappointed we did get something because it's not the kind of message I want to send to the players.

NM: The was no fluency there do you put that down to intensity and work ethic or something else you can put your finger on?

AP: Look im pretty emotional atm so to me it all looked like crap so, there are human qualities involved in any sport and we can draw pretty pictures and diagrams on a whiteboard but at the end of the day competitiveness, desperation, will to win, desire we've had those things in bucket loads but today it was pretty anonymous.

NM: Probably haven't seen that for a season and a half since the run, is that the worst performance you can think back on?

AP: Again I don't want to take away from Perth because I don't think that’s right, but imo that’s as poor as we've been and some of that credit needs to go to Perth, but that’s not what were about.

NM: Pretty quick turn around now and they've got to get back on their feet quick for a tough game in Adelaide?

AP: Yeah but it doesn't matter because if we play like that we wont win anything so there’s no real point, its not about turnarounds ect I don’t believe in all that, we were built to do something here to be sustainable and play a brand of football we can become known for and scraping a result or two and not really sticking to our beliefs is not what im about and not what this clubs about, so we'll go to Adelaide and hopefully remedy some of those things.

NM: Certainly the most animated we've seen you at half time, is that based on what you'd seen in the 1st half performance or they'd gone away from what you want them to do?

AP: Oh yeah, a bit of both, its just unacceptable and its not what were about, I’ve said from day 1 im not interested in just getting results. It’s...really easy to get comfortable in this A-League what are we 2nd on the ladder?

NM: Yeah.

AP: Yeah, so there you go. It’s my job to make sure these players know where were at and where were at as a club, and were in no position to win anything this year right now.

NM: Do you think the players need to reflect on that a little bit that you're 6 points behind the Mariners who have a game in hand? Is a bit of a reality check needed?

AP: No because you can finish 2nd in this competition and everyone talks about finals and you can win the finals and feel good about yourselves but that’s not what im interested in. I don’t want to know about finishing in this position and finals, for us it’s about playing a certain style of football and that’s all im interested in.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRoarReview/posts/273749786013063

Now here's screencaps of Ange going absolute mental at half-time, when it was 2-2.

Ange Postecoglu: Is he crazy? 396879_274314729289902_195917013796341_705034_1642379089_n

So basically after reading the interview where he has called Brisbane cowardly, said Perth deserve to win, and saying performances matter more than results, do you think he is crazy or is he talking the truth?

It's probably good to note that we've only won 1 game out of our last 6 after we had gone 36 undefeated.

Edit: Again don't know if the video will work but here's the match report from Fox Sports

Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Ange Postecoglu: Is he crazy? Empty Re: Ange Postecoglu: Is he crazy?

Post by Paulinho Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:35 am

Crazy game. Seeing Ange at half-time was pretty funny. My old lady has spoken to him, because she is the editor of the biggest Greek newspaper in Australia and since he's of Greek background she gets interviews and that. She said he was a pretty intelligent man. Seemingly too, as he has made Brisbane the team to fear. Since losing Broich they haven't looked the same, that much is clear, but Ange can't come out and say something like that, would be terrible for the team.

She also spoke to Kewell and called him a "dumb fuck" lol
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:37 am

Paulinho wrote:Crazy game. Seeing Ange at half-time was pretty funny. My old lady has spoken to him, because she is the editor of the biggest Greek newspaper in Australia and since he's of Greek background she gets interviews and that. She said he was a pretty intelligent man. Seemingly too, as he has made Brisbane the team to fear. Since losing Broich they haven't looked the same, that much is clear, but Ange can't come out and say something like that, would be terrible for the team.

She also spoke to Kewell and called him a "dumb fuck" lol

Yeah I've talked to Ange as well, he is an intelligent man.

But anyway the thing though he hasn't spoken an incorrect word, everything he has said is the truth, I mean couldn't it possibly give the players a rocket up their arse to get them firing? No doubt he'll be the same at training.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Post by Paulinho Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 am

I'd imagine as much. I'd love to know what that fuckhead Durakovic is telling our boys.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:40 am

Paulinho wrote:I'd imagine as much. I'd love to know what that fuckhead Durakovic is telling our boys.

Heard he's getting sacked today (Friday) or after your next game if you don't win.

Anyway back on topic.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Post by Paulinho Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:41 am

He better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:52 am