Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar

GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar Empty Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar

Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.au%2fNews%2f143246050_10
    ANGE LEAVES...Effective immediately

By Staff Writer
    Apr 24 2012 14:48

BRISBANE Roar has confirmed coach Ange Postecoglou has quit the club only days after their grand final triumph effectively immediately.

Postecoglou leaves the Brisbane Roar after two-and-a-half years, during which he led the club to unprecedented back-to-back Hyundai A-League Championships, a premiership and consecutive qualification for the AFC Champions League.

The 46-year-old's departure paves the way for a move to hometown club Melbourne Victory who are reported to have offered him $500,000 per season.

“I would like to express my gratitude to the owners, players and football staff of the Brisbane Roar,” Postecoglou said. “Their commitment and belief has created history for this club.

“I have been very proud to lead such an outstanding group of men, and I wish the club every success in the future.”

Club director Chris Fong paid tribute to Postecoglou’s impact on Brisbane Roar, but emphasised his departure would not derail the club’s determination to become an powerhouse of Australian and Asian football.

“The Brisbane Roar would like to thank Ange for his commitment to the club over the last two and a half years, and the considerable role he has played in its success,” Fong said.

“We respect how difficult this decision was for him and we wish him well in his new endeavours.

“Ange’s departure marks the beginning of a new chapter in the story of the Brisbane Roar, and we are committed to ensuring we have the right people in place to continue the club's legacy with further successes.”

Brisbane Roar will make an announcement regarding the role of Head Coach on Wednesday 25 April, with assistant Rado Vidosic expected to take over for the remainder of the club's AFC Champions League campaign.

Rumours already going around he's taking most of our coaching staff with him, plus Erik Paartalu, more players likely to follow him.

Can't tell if this is shitting on us fans, or just spitting in our faces.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar Empty Re: Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Sam I remember when you had Farina (I think that was his name) and then Ange came in after Farina was like fired or something and you said you hated Ange

then you started to love him Laughing

now I sense you dislike him again Laughing

Also fuck the Victory, they don't need any players Neutral
    GK01
    GK01

Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar Empty Re: Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Chip wrote:Sam I remember when you had Farina (I think that was his name) and then Ange came in after Farina was like fired or something and you said you hated Ange

then you started to love him Laughing

now I sense you dislike him again Laughing

Also fuck the Victory, they don't need any players Neutral

Farina, my nickname is Faza because of him not worthy

The thing is though, Farina wasn't fired, not to poor results or anything but due to circumstances outside of football, Ange came in and cut some of the cult heros of the club it wasn't popular, but when I saw the direction he was trying to take the club I jumped on board. But now, all the shit he was talking about, about making us a powerhouse, about building a dynasty it's bullshit, he's just simply walked out on for fucking Victory of all clubs. And he's done it arrogantly, all I can say is a arrogant manager has joined the most arrogant club in the A-League, even more reason to hate Victory.

In saying all of this, I would like to welcome Mr. Brisbane Roar Rado Vidosic to the helm as manager not worthy
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:49 pm

I like you Sam at times Smile

Also I'm sorry for wishing death upon you Crying or Very sad
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:07 pm

You should make one thread for all this shit

GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:17 pm

NZG wrote:You should make one thread for all this shit

This is threadworthy
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:47 pm

no

it isn't.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 pm

NZG wrote:no

it isn't.

He quit the biggest club in Australia. Thread worthy.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 pm

GK01 wrote:
    NZG wrote:no

it isn't.

keyword.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:08 pm

NZG wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

keyword.

I know but there's a small minority that follow the A-League and it's big news -_-
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 pm

GK01 wrote:
    NZG wrote:

keyword.

I know but there's a small minority that follow the A-League and it's big news -_-

That's why you should make a thread for all this.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Hehe, I thought you knew this was happening already? It was set in stone a fair few weeks ago
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Paulinho wrote:Hehe, I thought you knew this was happening already? It was set in stone a fair few weeks ago

Wasn't going to believe anything till it was confirmed. Cunt of a guy at a cunt of a club.

Oh well, I'll bow down to Mr. Brisbane Roar not worthy

Ange Postecoglu Quits Brisbane Roar 46786610

VIDOSICS ORANGE ARMY!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:56 am

:'(
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:57 am

Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:20 am