Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal

GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal Empty Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal

Post by GK01 Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal 563891-ange-postecoglou

FFA chairman Ben Buckley has announced that A-League coach of the year Ange Postecoglou will remain with Brisbane Roar for the next three years.

Despite interest in his services from Melbourne Victory, Postecoglou has signed a two-year extension to his current contract that will keep him in Brisbane until the end of the 2013-14 season after successful negotiations with Football Federation Australia, who have taken over the running of the cash-strapped club.

"In his first 18 months at Brisbane Roar, Ange has not only turned the fortunes of the club around but set new benchmarks around success and the quality of the football displayed on the pitch," Buckley said.

"Earlier this week I said we would make it a priority to clear up the uncertainty around the coaching position at the Roar and I am pleased that we have been able to achieve that.

"I would like to congratulate Ange on his new deal and thank him for his professional conduct during negotiations."

Postecoglou guided the Roar to the A-League premiership-championship double and a berth in next year's Asian Champions League.

Postecoglou said today he was pleased to secure the new deal and finish off a fantastic week.

"Ever since we started to build something in Brisbane I have said that I was very keen to stay and continue the work that we began," Postecoglou said.

"It was always a long term vision and it is fantastic to have the opportunity to see it through and I am very pleased to be able to continue here in Brisbane and see how far we can go."

Damn right this is threadworthy it's important news Neutral
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal Empty Re: Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal

Post by chiboygeorge Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Is this that guy on Football superstar?
    GK01
    GK01

Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal Empty Re: Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal

Post by GK01 Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Yeah last season it was Brisbane Roars turn to participate on Football Superstar so yes Razz

That's seasons a year old now Surprised
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Weren't you one of the people calling for his head last season
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Hitchy wrote:Weren't you one of the people calling for his head last season

Yes I was Laughing, happens when you fire a fan favourite manager, you don't like the new manager and want the old one back Dry Smile

Love him now though shifty
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:55 pm

I saw the Brisbane Roars first loss of year shifty

Pre Season against the Phoenix shifty
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Chip wrote:I saw the Brisbane Roars first loss of year Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal 279869

Pre Season against the Phoenix Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal 279869
    Was that before or after Everton beat them
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Hitchy wrote:
    Chip wrote:I saw the Brisbane Roars first loss of year Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal 279869

Pre Season against the Phoenix Brisbane Roar manager Ange Postecoglou signs new 3 year deal 279869

Seeimg us playing you gave me hope, we put up a good fight, even if it wasn't your first team it was still better then ours Razz
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:57 pm

That was before Everton beat the Roar Laughing

We won 2-1 but Matty McKay scored a cracker for them

and Dylan Macallister scored a stunning 30 yard volley for us Smile
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:24 pm

GK01 wrote:
    Hitchy wrote:

Seeimg us playing you gave me hope, we put up a good fight, even if it wasn't your first team it was still better then ours Razz
    Brisbane would give us a good game atm
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Hitchy wrote:
    GK01 wrote:
    Hitchy wrote:

Brisbane would give us a good game atm

Lets do it. Translink Cup again?
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:44 am

FUCK YES!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:09 am