Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Demba Ba
fluffy_kittens
Laurencio
Carlos Jenkinson
Gegilworld93
Cadbury
hoggyboy
Zzonked
Lux
Van Wolfswinkel
Uncle John from Jamaica
Paulinho
Mason
VivaRonaldoLAD
18 posters

Liverpool blasted for support of Suarez.

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Liverpool blasted for support of Suarez. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool blasted for support of Suarez.

Post by Laurencio Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:03 am

Alan wrote:Liverpool are showing support to their player who is not a racist, and what is wrong with that.

No one has accused him of being one either. He's been found guilty of racially abusing Evra on one occasion. That does not automatically mean he's been found guitly of being a racist bigot.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Liverpool blasted for support of Suarez. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool blasted for support of Suarez.

Post by Lux Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:20 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Lux wrote:If someone called Terry white trash some random white guy wouldn't make a press announcement that he's a disgrace Liverpool blasted for support of Suarez. - Page 2 58503

Eternal Witcher wrote:

Exactly. This is overkill.

Slavery's been abolished.

Lux wrote:

He is though, he is not relevant at all. It's not even just him, I don't really like how any random black player or anti racism group starts commenting when it's not their place.

How can they defend Evra and condemn Suarez when they have no clue what happened? They weren't there.......they are only defending Evra because he's black so if anyone is being racist it's them.

lol

lol
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:26 am

I don't understand how anyone could get mad at them for supporting their player
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:49 am

I'm not surprised. It's great of Liverpool to stand by their player, but they have to be careful, considering he is now a guilty man.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:29 am

Lux wrote:He is though, he is not relevant at all. It's not even just him, I don't really like how any random black player or anti racism group starts commenting when it's not their place.

How can they defend Evra and condemn Suarez when they have no clue what happened? They weren't there.......they are only defending Evra because he's black so if anyone is being racist it's them.

Yeah, the independent commission and the FA are niggas from the hood rebelling against the white guy, dawg. Laughing

Also, it's the commissions job to investigate what happened, so i don't know what you mean by the bolded part.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:32 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    Lux wrote:He is though, he is not relevant at all. It's not even just him, I don't really like how any random black player or anti racism group starts commenting when it's not their place.

Yeah, the independent commission and the FA are niggas from the hood rebelling against the white guy, dawg. Laughing

Also, it's the commissions job to investigate what happened, so i don't know what you mean by the bolded part.

He's talking about "kick it out". When it's very much their business...
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:22 am

JMB_94 wrote:Yeah, the independent commission and the FA are niggas from the hood rebelling against the white guy, dawg. Laughing

I thought it was quite obvious. I'm not talking about the FA and an independent commission who are investigating....obviously it's their business.

I'm talking about random people or groups such as Oliver Bernard who are voicing their opinions and picking sides publicly when it's not their place. If you weren't a witness then shut the hell up to be honest.

Other than a verdict and investigation, the FA and independent commission have taken a back seat, which is how it should be.

Laurencio wrote:He's talking about "kick it out". When it's very much their business...

They think it's their business. I can make a group called "Save Suarez" and suddenly it's my business too?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:41 am

Lux wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:Yeah, the independent commission and the FA are niggas from the hood rebelling against the white guy, dawg. Laughing

I thought it was quite obvious. I'm not talking about the FA and an independent commission who are investigating....obviously it's their business.

I'm talking about random people or groups such as Oliver Bernard who are voicing their opinions and picking sides publicly when it's not their place. If you weren't a witness then shut the hell up to be honest.

Other than a verdict and investigation, the FA and independent commission have taken a back seat, which is how it should be.

Laurencio wrote:He's talking about "kick it out". When it's very much their business...

They think it's their business. I can make a group called "Save Suarez" and suddenly it's my business too?

"Kick it out" is the anti-racism foundation established and sanction by FIFA, and is considered to be the primary anti-racism foundation in football. Liverpool have considered themselves to be staunch supporters of "Kick it out".
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 am

Suarez didn't say anything racist. They are kicking him out to set an example and nothing more.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am

NZG wrote:Suarez didn't say anything racist. They are kicking him out to set an example and nothing more.

"Kick it Out" and all the other organizations complaining aren't at all saying that the decision from the FA is unquestionably right. They are saying what I've been saying ever since that statement of yours was released. Liverpool is handling it badly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:47 am

NZG wrote:Suarez didn't say anything racist. They are kicking him out to set an example and nothing more.
    Which is stupid, why not use Terry as the example? He actually said something racist and intended it, and what's more is the camera's caught him, and we are not basing decisions on one crybaby's interpretation of a word from another language. Furthermore, Evra said a slur himself. If Suarez get's punished, so should Evra.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:18 am

Laurencio wrote:"Kick it out" is the anti-racism foundation established and sanction by FIFA, and is considered to be the primary anti-racism foundation in football. Liverpool have considered themselves to be staunch supporters of "Kick it out".

I don't care who they are, it doesn't change my point that they have no place to be taking sides. We all know they are against racism....so? This is an investigation and they have nothing to offer which will help.

Laurencio wrote:"Kick it Out" and all the other organizations complaining aren't at all saying that the decision from the FA is unquestionably right. They are saying what I've been saying ever since that statement of yours was released. Liverpool is handling it badly.

Kick it out have handled it badly too.

Liverpool have an interest in defending their player who they believe in. It's quite obvious that under these circumstances they will defend Suarez whether he is found guilty or not, because they don't believe he should be guilty. It's fairly public what was said.....the only argument is differing opinions. I wouldn't blame Liverpool are not accepting any decision made.

Are Liverpool wrong and handling it badly by thinking Suarez isn't guilty? I don't think so, and I don't think Suarez deserves the ban either.

polska. wrote:Which is stupid, why not use Terry as the example? He actually said something racist and intended it, and what's more is the camera's caught him

I agree to an extent, but it's a bit early to be condemning Terry too.

Honestly can't understand how Terry could say something like that and mean it in a racist way when half of his team mates who are standing around him are black.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:40 am

Lux wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:"Kick it Out" and all the other organizations complaining aren't at all saying that the decision from the FA is unquestionably right. They are saying what I've been saying ever since that statement of yours was released. Liverpool is handling it badly.

Kick it out have handled it badly too.

Liverpool have an interest in defending their player who they believe in. It's quite obvious that under these circumstances they will defend Suarez whether he is found guilty or not, because they don't believe he should be guilty. It's fairly public what was said.....the only argument is differing opinions. I wouldn't blame Liverpool are not accepting any decision made.

Are Liverpool wrong and handling it badly by thinking Suarez isn't guilty? I don't think so, and I don't think Suarez deserves the ban either.

What? They haven't gone out and said that Liverpool aren't allowed to appeal or to believe a wrong decision has been made. They have gone out and said that they object to the way Liverpool have gone about it.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:44 am

Laurencio wrote:What? They haven't gone out and said that Liverpool aren't allowed to appeal or to believe a wrong decision has been made. They have gone out and said that they object to the way Liverpool have gone about it.

I know, and I don't think there's anything wrong with what Liverpool have done.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:57 am

Lux wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:What? They haven't gone out and said that Liverpool aren't allowed to appeal or to believe a wrong decision has been made. They have gone out and said that they object to the way Liverpool have gone about it.

I know, and I don't think there's anything wrong with what Liverpool have done.

Each to their own, but they are allowed to voice their opinion just as everyone else. The fact that they are in fact the leading anti-racism organization in football makes their comments a little more hard hitting than most others though.
    Vexxed
    Vexxed

Supports : TFC

Post by Vexxed Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Watching white people debate racism is hilarious to me. If you think that just saying racist stuff once or on occasion doesn't make you a racist bigot, you need to open your eyes.

If you think that somehow your inner intent is relevant, you need to open your eyes.

Your ignorance does not excuse this
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Vexxed wrote:Watching white people debate racism is hilarious to me. If you think that just saying racist stuff once or on occasion doesn't make you a racist bigot, you need to open your eyes.

If you think that somehow your inner intent is relevant, you need to open your eyes.

Are you referring to Suarez' use of negro?
    MCFCSilva10

Post by MCFCSilva10 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Another thread about Liverpool from that irish cunt VR.. Obsessed?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Vexxed wrote:Watching white people debate racism is hilarious to me. If you think that just saying racist stuff once or on occasion doesn't make you a racist bigot, you need to open your eyes.

and this is the reason why racism will always be a big problem in the world. Intent is everything.
    Vexxed
    Vexxed

Post by Vexxed Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:05 pm

NZG wrote:

and this is the reason why racism will always be a big problem in the world. Intent is everything.

Intent is everything

When you make racist remarks, you must understand the effect of those words. You cannot just hope and pray that maybe this time, the result will be different.

The onus of communication is on the sender, not the receiver. This means that by virtue of making a racist comment, your intent can only be to embarrass, offend, intimidate, disgrace, disregard your opponent and to show yourself as an ignorant human being, not worthy of the opportunity to interact with other, respectable people.

yes, intent is everything
    Vexxed
    Vexxed

Post by Vexxed Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:05 pm

polska. wrote:

Are you referring to Suarez' use of negro?

The word used is irrelevant
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Vexxed wrote:
    polska. wrote:Are you referring to Suarez' use of negro?

The intent however isn't. I think I have already well covered what and how negro is used in Latin America and that from what we know, Suarez used it in a friendly manner and did not mean anything derogatory.
    Vexxed
    Vexxed

Post by Vexxed Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:24 pm

polska. wrote:
    Vexxed wrote:

The intent however isn't. I think I have already well covered what and how negro is used in Latin America and that from what we know, Suarez used it in a friendly manner and did not mean anything derogatory.

I find it hard to believe that this nuance in language has not been realized by Suarez in the almost 6 years he has been playing in Europe.

If it has not, then I still believe the onus is on him and it is his responsibility to learn such things. I understand your point but it doesn't make it acceptable.

I believe his ban was just and I don't think there should be further punishment for club or player. I think that LFC would have been better of staying quiet until the appeal and then simply acknowledging that they must respect the FA decision and that LFC does not support racism. They did not have to throw him under the bus, so to speak but they also should be respectful of how this was perceived, regardless of intent. I agree they could be more tactful in defending their player.

Regardless of how they perceive these words in South America, racism is a humongous problem. One of the worst places in the world in this regard actually. I am Guyanese, black Guyanese. I lived there long enough before moving to Canada to understand that the word is not as innocent as you would like to believe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:18 pm