Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Potato-7
Cristiano
luke.
ResurrectionRooney
Keanoo
JonjoShelvey
dena
Jorlung
moscowmadeit3
Laurencio
The Zlatan
Mal
Grenade
Van Wolfswinkel
Clark
Danny
Lux
Andy
Kuled
Theo Filippo
VivaRonaldoLAD
25 posters

Top five transfers that could have been..

Anonymous

Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 Empty Re: Top five transfers that could have been..

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:40 am

How the heck is Smalling on that list?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 Empty Re: Top five transfers that could have been..

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:40 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:How the heck is Smalling on that list?

Its from givemefootball.com Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:43 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Zidane to United 1996, Ferguson turned it down because he couldn't think of a way to fit Cantona and Zidane in the side. Cantona retired a year later. Greatest manager in history.

Aaron Ramsey to United 2008, United and Arsenal had bids accepted, Arsenal sent Arsene Wenger to show Ramsey around and woo him, United sent Gary Neville because Ferguson was busy holidaying or something. Unsurprisingly, he chose Arsenal.

Fernando Torres to United, 2005, 2006, United went in for him both times, but he wasn't ready to move. 2007 he was but we decided not to go for him because Ferguson was upset about being rejected

Wesley Sneijder to United, 2009, 2011, after United's central midfield gets brutally violated, the chance is there to strengthen by buying Sneijder for £12m in 2009. Ferguson feels there is no value in the market. Signs Diouf and Owen instead. Sneijder goes on to win the Treble and is top scorer at the World Cup

Arjen Robben to United, 2009. After United sell one of the best wingers in the world, the opportunity arises to sign another for a quarter of the cost. Ferguson feels there is no value in the market, so signs Obertan and Valencia instead. Robben eliminates United from the Champions League with a wonder goal shortly after, and propels the Netherlands to the World Cup Final.

Robben was too injury prone. there is a reason madrid and chelsea wanted to sell him

Ramsey.. who the fuck cares, he is nothing special. anderson/cleverley has same potential

Sneijder.. was a failure at madrid in his last season, had off the pitch problems including drinking. would not have been a wise move
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:50 am

ViVaRooney wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Zidane to United 1996, Ferguson turned it down because he couldn't think of a way to fit Cantona and Zidane in the side. Cantona retired a year later. Greatest manager in history.

Aaron Ramsey to United 2008, United and Arsenal had bids accepted, Arsenal sent Arsene Wenger to show Ramsey around and woo him, United sent Gary Neville because Ferguson was busy holidaying or something. Unsurprisingly, he chose Arsenal.

Fernando Torres to United, 2005, 2006, United went in for him both times, but he wasn't ready to move. 2007 he was but we decided not to go for him because Ferguson was upset about being rejected

Wesley Sneijder to United, 2009, 2011, after United's central midfield gets brutally violated, the chance is there to strengthen by buying Sneijder for £12m in 2009. Ferguson feels there is no value in the market. Signs Diouf and Owen instead. Sneijder goes on to win the Treble and is top scorer at the World Cup

Arjen Robben to United, 2009. After United sell one of the best wingers in the world, the opportunity arises to sign another for a quarter of the cost. Ferguson feels there is no value in the market, so signs Obertan and Valencia instead. Robben eliminates United from the Champions League with a wonder goal shortly after, and propels the Netherlands to the World Cup Final.

Robben was too injury prone. there is a reason madrid and chelsea wanted to sell him

Ramsey.. who the fuck cares, he is nothing special. anderson/cleverley has same potential

Sneijder.. was a failure at madrid in his last season, had off the pitch problems including drinking. would not have been a wise move

Yeah, injury proneness was obviously a big concern, which is why we signed Michael 'Mr. Invincible' Owen.

Ramsey is a cracking player with far more potential than Anderson, and he's proven more than Cleverley. He'd be even better if Shawcross hadn't left him in pieces.

Good point about Sneijder, signing him was a terrible mistake by Mourinho.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:58 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    xPeterLFC95 wrote:How the heck is Smalling on that list?

Its from givemefootball.com Laughing
    That explains it Laughing
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:58 am

Speaking of Shawcross.. we let him go. -_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:59 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:Speaking of Shawcross.. we let him go. Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 881856
    Is that a bad thing?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:03 pm

xPeterLFC95 wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:Speaking of Shawcross.. we let him go. Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 881856
    Is that a bad thing?

Yes, he is far superior to Jonny Evans and we probably wouldnt have needed to sign Smalling or Jones. Although the fact we did sign both is actually a good thing when you think of how good both are being so young. shifty
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 914411
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:10 pm

That.. is fucking brilliant RR Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:11 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    xPeterLFC95 wrote:Is that a bad thing?

Yes, he is far superior to Jonny Evans and we probably wouldnt have needed to sign Smalling or Jones. Although the fact we did sign both is actually a good thing when you think of how good both are being so young. Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 279869
    I don't rate Jones. Whether that's because I'm bitter remains to be seen. Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 279869

Smalling should a solid player in the future though.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:17 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    xPeterLFC95 wrote:Is that a bad thing?

Yes, he is far superior to Jonny Evans and we probably wouldnt have needed to sign Smalling or Jones. Although the fact we did sign both is actually a good thing when you think of how good both are being so young. shifty
    I would never want that vile fucker playing for United. Some clubs are willing to piss all their principles away, all their morals, because it benefits them, but I don't want United to do that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:18 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Yes, he is far superior to Jonny Evans and we probably wouldnt have needed to sign Smalling or Jones. Although the fact we did sign both is actually a good thing when you think of how good both are being so young. Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 279869
    I would never want that vile fucker playing for United. Some clubs are willing to piss all their principles away, all their morals, because it benefits them, but I don't want United to do that.
    Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 207657
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:19 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:

If he had stuck with us he would not have turned into the disgusting player Stoke have made him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I would never want that vile fucker playing for United. Some clubs are willing to piss all their principles away, all their morals, because it benefits them, but I don't want United to do that.

If he had stuck with us he would not have turned into the disgusting player Stoke have made him.
    You can take the player out of the thug but you can't take the thug out of the player. Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 232912
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Shawcross isn't a great player in any aspect, but people have gone over the top because one tackle went wrong, and it wouldn't have even been considered that bad if not for the unfortunate leg break.

He's a decent bloke, most wouldn't cry when breaking another player's leg, especially when it was a harsh red card. Would rather have him than the classless divers and cheats.

Last edited by Lux on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:22 pm

xPeterLFC95 wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

You can take the player out of the thug but you can't take the thug out of the player. Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 232912

The thug was only inserted into the player after he left us.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:23 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I would never want that vile fucker playing for United. Some clubs are willing to piss all their principles away, all their morals, because it benefits them, but I don't want United to do that.

It's in his character, you don't do what Shawcross did to poor Aaron Ramsey without having evil in you. If he wasn't a footballer, he would be a burglar or a murderer. Wanker.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:24 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    xPeterLFC95 wrote:You can take the player out of the thug but you can't take the thug out of the player. Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 232912

The thug was only inserted into the player after he left us.
    The thug genes were there from birth, I believe.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:27 pm

I disagree, my friends. I am positive Tony Pulis inserted the thug mentality into Ryan.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:29 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:I disagree, my friends. I am positive Tony Pulis inserted the thug mentality into Ryan.
    There are medical reports showing that Shawcross was a thug from a young age.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:30 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:I disagree, my friends. I am positive Tony Pulis inserted the thug mentality into Ryan.
    What about what he did to that kid when he was at United?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:32 pm

What about what he did to that kid when he was at United?

I am not aware of said incident, although I remember Ryan also being responsible for another career threatening inury while playing for Stoke.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:39 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:What about what he did to that kid when he was at United?

I am not aware of said incident, although I remember Ryan also being responsible for another career threatening inury while playing for Stoke.

I can't speak any more about that incident for legal reasons.

Apparently be broke Francis Jeffers' ankle and put Adebayor out for a month when he attacked him off the pitch as well (see here).

And yeah, that was when he was at Stoke, but you can't just blame Anthony Pulis for that.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:50 pm

I can't speak any more about that incident for legal reasons.

Apparently be broke Francis Jeffers' ankle and put Adebayor out for a month when he attacked him off the pitch as well (see here).

And yeah, that was when he was at Stoke, but you can't just blame Anthony Pulis for that.

Despite yourself being a good man, I cannot believe you about the incident while playing for Manchester Utd.

Its not surprising seeing him do it while at Antwerp and Stoke, as I have said already. Neither incidents would have happened under the management of Sir Alexander Ferguson.
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Formerly known as : NiTRO
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by Cristiano Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:53 pm

David Silva - Real Madrid
    Sergio Aguero - Real Madrid
    Cristiano Ronaldo - Barcelona
    Ribery - Real Madrid
    Neymar - Real Madrid
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Angel Di Maria - Olympiakos 2008 (we got fucking diogo instead)Top five transfers that could have been..  - Page 3 58503

Andrei Tymoschuck(sp?) - Olympiakos 2010

Salomon Kalou - Olympiakos 2010

Estrada - Olympiakos 2011

Kallstrom - Olympiakos 2009
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:33 pm

To be fair the wages that Inter and Bayern offered Sneijder and Robben far exceeded what we could ever have offered, especially considering our wage structure at the time.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Maicon >> Man Utd
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:54 pm

NiTRO wrote:David Silva - Real Madrid
    Sergio Aguero - Real Madrid
    Cristiano Ronaldo - Barcelona
    Ribery - Real Madrid
    Neymar - Real Madrid

That was never going to happen shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:50 pm