Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
David N'Gog
Jaetinh
ResurrectionRooney
Kelloggg8
SBSP
Bye_Ya
Pippo
Jack
Kuled
Walcott
Coatsy
Cadbury
Jayx1012
Jord
Drake
ShakerMatty
Sean
El Jefe
Marvin
Dedge
24 posters

15'000 Dogs Killed for Dog Meat Festival in China

Kuled

15'000 Dogs Killed for Dog Meat Festival in China - Page 4 Empty Re: 15'000 Dogs Killed for Dog Meat Festival in China

Post by Kuled Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Why did you come in the thread when the thread title clearly shows that this thread is going to have something inappropriate? Neutral
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

15'000 Dogs Killed for Dog Meat Festival in China - Page 4 Empty Re: 15'000 Dogs Killed for Dog Meat Festival in China

Post by Grenade Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 am

Dog meat looks delicious.
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:23 am

Cadbury wrote:Wow. Reading the comments in here is enough to annoy me.

I'm not racist but I hate the Chinese.

So you generalize a population of 1 billion + people and say that you hate them because some Chinese are cruel to dogs and eat them? And Jord, you resort to an ethnic slur because of animal cruelty and abuse from a minority of Chinese people? Neutral

In regards to the video, it was removed before I watched it. Glad I didn't to be honest. It was apparently quite disgusting considering some of the comments on here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:20 am

Minority?

Dude, the Dog has been eaten by all of China for millenia. Neutral
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:33 am

polska. wrote:Minority?

Dude, the Dog has been eaten by all of China for millenia. Neutral

The minority "label" was limited to the cruelty and abuse description in the second sentence and had nothing to do with my views on the consumption of dogs in Chinese society. In the first sentence, I stated "some" people consume them. Not all Chinese people eat dogs and I'm not sure if the majority or minority do. Thus, my reasoning for stating "some" and not a majority or minority.

I've questioned one of my Chinese friends before, who was a foreign exchange student from China, and he informed me that some people eat dog meat in China and some don't. Also, it is consumed in certain provinces much more than others. Anyways, it's traditionally part of Chinese culture and its consumption goes back more than a millennia like you mentioned but it is one of the lesser consumed meats for various reasons.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:17 am

If dogs are reared to be killed and eaten it is perfectly fine if they are treated in the right manner.

Again, this is a minority but China has a rich history in animal cruelty. I have seen foxes skin peeled off while they are still alive and then beaten over the head with a baseball bat. Why not kill the thing before you take the skin off? temper
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:37 am

Dogs are only eaten in societies lacking domesticated animals. (Polynesia, Aztecs, Maya etc.)

China was lacking in domesticated animals so they ate Dogs as well, after they got cows, pigs and the whole shibang they still kept their tradition of eating dogs. (and tbh pretty much fucking everything)
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:13 am

polska. wrote:Dogs are only eaten in societies lacking domesticated animals. (Polynesia, Aztecs, Maya etc.)

China was lacking in domesticated animals so they ate Dogs as well, after they got cows, pigs and the whole shibang they still kept their tradition of eating dogs. (and tbh pretty much fucking everything)

Dog is actually illegal to eat in china now I think. (Those pics etc were underground I guess). Anyway they were bred like any other farm animal in ancient times, however as most of the world moved on to other meats, the Chinese kept this in their culture and still farmed dogs for food. Anyway I think they eat dog more in Korea anyway. To them its just another source of meat and its not a common pet there either.

Btw Dog meat is considered to be the best tasting meat aside from human meat. I have not eaten either and don't plan to but that's what people on the web say. I guess that's why they eat it for their tradition thing.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:54 am

polska. wrote:Dogs are only eaten in societies lacking domesticated animals. (Polynesia, Aztecs, Maya etc.)

I know wikipedia isn't a reliable source but just check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat

It's been eaten in Europe as well. Particularly Switzerland. Although, South Korea, another East Asian country, seems to be on of the main consumers as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:53 pm