Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
moscowmadeit3
SussexByTheSea
Danny
Jordi
XavIniesta_6
fluffy_kittens
Lux
Kuled
Childish Logic
MickStupp
Sean
Uncle John from Jamaica
HIBBIES_07
Clark
Jordan Henderchip
BigJ0526
Bye_Ya
Grenade
Coatsy
Barton
Gegilworld93
Harrold
bcfcben
Cameron.
The Bat-Man
Demba Ba
VivaRonaldoLAD
luke.
34 posters

Would you play for your Rivals?

Poll

Would you?

[ 22 ]
    Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 Bar_left79%Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 Bar_right [79%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 Bar_left21%Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 Bar_right [21%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you play for your Rivals?

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Dan wrote:I know you are, but what am I?
    Inferior to me.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you play for your Rivals?

Post by Cadbury Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:32 pm

I would, but I'd move once I got an offer from a different big club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Dan wrote:I know you are, but what am I?
    Inferior to me.

I know you are, but what am I?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:34 pm

luke. wrote:If Man United offered you a contract right now Dan, you'd take it. You'd be stupid not to.
    Nah, playing in the Europa league must be one of his dreams so Liverpool is ideal for him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    luke. wrote:If Man United offered you a contract right now Dan, you'd take it. You'd be stupid not to.
    Nah, playing in the Europa league must be one of his dreams so Liverpool is ideal for him.

We aren't in the Europa League.

Better trolling please.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Better trolling please.

09/10 - Europa League knockouts
    10/11 - Europa League (Before getting destroyed by Braga rofl)
    11/12 - No European Competitions rofl

Overall you are a Europa League side.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Well if Zigic can get a contract a Birmingham I'm sure I could Laughing

Hide
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Better trolling please.

10/11 - Europa League (Before getting destroyed by Braga Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 70955)
    11/12 - No European Competitions Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 70955

Pretty unfair to just mention the Europa League in 09/10. We were initially in the Champions League where we managed a famous point in Debreccen,
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Cadbury wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Better trolling please.

10/11 - Europa League (Before getting destroyed by Braga Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 70955)
    11/12 - No European Competitions Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 70955

Pretty unfair to just mention the Europa League in 09/10. We were initially in the Champions League where we managed a famous point in Debreccen,
    Laughing

Actually why is Dan even contemplating playing for United scratch They are not rivals
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Better trolling please.

We aren't in the Europa League though. If it was my dream to play in the Europa League, why would I play for a team without the Europa League?

People like RR put thought into their trolling, you're crap at this son.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 pm

No. I'm sure a normal job pays more than Scunthorpe United.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Better trolling please.

We aren't in the Europa League though. If it was my dream to play in the Europa League, why would I play for a team without the Europa League?

The same reason it is a dream to play for Man United for most. If they don't win the league in one season you can be sure they will try harder the next year. Same with Liverpool and their Europa League exploits.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Nah, playing in the Europa league must be one of his dreams so Liverpool is ideal for him.

Better trolling please.

The same reason it is a dream to play for Man United for most. If they don't win the league in one season you can be sure they will try harder the next year. Same with Liverpool and their Europa League exploits.

Nope. Not buying it mate. You've flopped yet again.

You've got a hell of a way to go before you reach the level of RR. Keep at it though kid, mocking Liverpool might be the only joy you get this season.. hehe
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Its nothing to do with you buying it Laughing
    I am telling you this, you accept it.
    wave
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:00 am

Probably not. If I was good enough, I'd get an agent and get him to try finding me a different club, even if it's a step down.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:30 am

It's difficult for people like Dan to answer this question, because if Man United offered him a contract, Liverpool would definitely want him. Even if Man Utd thought about offering him a contract but turned him down, Liverpool would want him and a lot of their fans would hail him as their greatest ever player (see Gerrard).

For me, it is difficult, if Liverpool offered me a contract I don't know what I would do. The fans would be easy to manipulate, all I would have to do would be to say I have loved the club forever and didn't join for money, and they would all believe me, like they did with Torres and Suarez. The obsession with disasters is something I could not abide though, the Hillsborough memorials where if someone tells you a joke you are hounded out of the club (see Charles Itandje), the vilification you would receive if you ever made a reasonable comment about The Sun newspaper. It'd be almost like signing up to a religion.
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:04 am

Definitely.
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:02 am

I would join Forest just so that when it came to playing Derby at the City Ground I could score as many own goals as I could and become a Derby legend forever.
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:17 am

IIBentII39 wrote:Well if Zigic can get a contract a Birmingham I'm sure I could Laughing
    Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 700873

Laughing Only we could sign Zigic. Although if you can produce anything like this then feel free to join our ranks.

Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 3 118091hp2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:54 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's difficult for people like Dan to answer this question, because if Man United offered him a contract, Liverpool would definitely want him. Even if Man Utd thought about offering him a contract but turned him down, Liverpool would want him and a lot of their fans would hail him as their greatest ever player (see Gerrard).

For me, it is difficult, if Liverpool offered me a contract I don't know what I would do. The fans would be easy to manipulate, all I would have to do would be to say I have loved the club forever and didn't join for money, and they would all believe me, like they did with Torres and Suarez. The obsession with disasters is something I could not abide though, the Hillsborough memorials where if someone tells you a joke you are hounded out of the club (see Charles Itandje), the vilification you would receive if you ever made a reasonable comment about The Sun newspaper. It'd be almost like signing up to a religion.

Are you saying that you are like me? Because I believe you called me a cretin the other week.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:58 am

Everton. think

Yep, of course but I suppose if Everton offered me a contract then there would possibly be other teams on their level with possible interest and I've dreamt about playing for Swansea for a long time. Coffee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:59 am

Depends on the situation. If I was offered to play for Derby's academy and they were the only option then i'd definitely do it.

If I was a pro footballer and Derby tried to sign for me, I would only go if they were in a higher league and offering much better wages. If I'd played for Forest then there would be no chance of me ever joining them, even if it wasn't directly to them from Forest.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:06 am

Yes, definitely. Considering that I'm not particularly good and certainly nowhere near a professional level, I'd be a hindrance to the team. So I would be making the rival team worse while getting good money for it, two birds with one stone.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:34 am

BladeGunner14 wrote:Yes, definitely. Considering that I'm not particularly good and certainly nowhere near a professional level, I'd be a hindrance to the team. So I would be making the rival team worse while getting good money for it, two birds with one stone.

Laughing

Good logic. I like it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Yes.

I know am shit, so I would drain all the money I could from them. What a Face
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:03 pm

BladeGunner14 wrote:Yes, definitely. Considering that I'm not particularly good and certainly nowhere near a professional level, I'd be a hindrance to the team. So I would be making the rival team worse while getting good money for it, two birds with one stone.

Aye, didn't think of that. But of course in this scenrio you're meant to be good enough to play for your rivals. What a Face
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Laughing cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Of course i would.

Footballers wages >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my wages.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:48 pm