Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
moscowmadeit3
SussexByTheSea
Danny
Jordi
XavIniesta_6
fluffy_kittens
Lux
Kuled
Childish Logic
MickStupp
Sean
Uncle John from Jamaica
HIBBIES_07
Clark
Jordan Henderchip
BigJ0526
Bye_Ya
Grenade
Coatsy
Barton
Gegilworld93
Harrold
bcfcben
Cameron.
The Bat-Man
Demba Ba
VivaRonaldoLAD
luke.
34 posters

Would you play for your Rivals?

Poll

Would you?

[ 22 ]
    Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 2 Bar_left79%Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 2 Bar_right [79%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 2 Bar_left21%Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 2 Bar_right [21%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Sean

Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you play for your Rivals?

Post by Sean Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:09 am

Absolutely. Anyone who says no is either a massive bullshitter or completely retarded.
    Anonymous

Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you play for your Rivals?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:09 am

Yes. My love for the sport is greater than my hate for my rivals.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:13 am

Sean wrote:Absolutely. Anyone who says no is either a massive bullshitter or completely retarded.

Not really mate. What if you were earning higher than you would at your rivals football club ? Not everyone supports a big club who's rival would pay their players hundreds of thousands every year.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:13 am

Sean wrote:Absolutely. Anyone who says no is either a massive bullshitter or completely retarded.
    They aren't bullshitting they just say what they think they would do. As in my previous post they see themselves as the ultimate fan and that includes hating the rivals no questions asked. It is a hypothetical question so they would see themselves as less of a fan saying it.

Being put in the position properly and if it makes your career improve for the better than of course that person would take it. It's common sense. Unless they don't value their career.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:14 am

Mutant123 wrote:
    They aren't bullshitting they just say what they think they would do. As in my previous post they see themselves as the ultimate fan and that includes hating the rivals no questions asked. It is a hypothetical question so they would see themselves as less of a fan saying it.

Being put in the position properly and if it makes your career improve for the better than of course that person would take it. It's common sense. Unless they don't value their career.

It's bullshit because they know that in reality they wouldnt give it a second's thought.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:16 am

Sean wrote:
    Mutant123 wrote:

It's bullshit because they know that in reality they wouldnt give it a second's thought.
    They are kidding themselves to maintain the ultimate fan image. In a way yes they're bullshitting but they wouldn't see it as that way.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:22 am

Definitely. Then score loads of own goals hehe
    Nah, if Celtic had offered me a chance to play there when I was younger I'd have went without hesitation.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:28 am

Of course. One hell of a job but i doubt i would get paid much. Everton are shit.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 am

grenade187 wrote:

Not really mate. What if you were earning higher than you would at your rivals football club ? Not everyone supports a big club who's rival would pay their players hundreds of thousands every year.

Im taking this thread to mean it was your only option, obviously no one would chose their rivals if it was worse than playing for another team
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 am

Nah I'd rather sit on my arse and do nothing cheers
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:44 am

Sean wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:

Im taking this thread to mean it was your only option, obviously no one would chose their rivals if it was worse than playing for another team

The point is that people would only play for their rivals for money. Say I support a league 2 team and my rivals can only pay about £1500 per week max to a player and I was already earning £2k a week I would rather keep my job. (Thats assuming your rivals were your only option).
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:48 am

I wouldn't even be a pro at Luton, they're in the Conference rofl
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 am

Cameron. wrote:To make it as a footballer, course I would.

this, plus Arsenal usually has sick jerseys so i'd look fly as shit
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:55 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:

Arsenal usually has sick jerseys so i'd look fly as shit

And you know this. Mayne.

Hey Fluffy want a game of fifa ? Im on now Smile
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:09 am

grenade187 wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:

Arsenal usually has sick jerseys so i'd look fly as shit

And you know this. Mayne.

Hey Fluffy want a game of fifa ? Im on now Smile

I kinda do, havent played in a while, but my brother is playing something online though, idk if it will lag. I'll go log on in a few.
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Only if I had no other choice. But lets be real, if Real Madrid wanted me I'm sure other top clubs would as well.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:34 pm

No, I wouldn't.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I would improve my rivals tbh.

Would you play for your Rivals? - Page 2 3925848005
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Yes, I hate Tottenham but 50k+ a week is too good to turn down.

Last edited by Splashy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Lux wrote:I wouldn't even be a pro at Luton, they're in the Conference rofl
    Some Blue Square Premier teams are pro. shifty
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Danny wrote:

Pro Cunts, maybe Mischief
    SussexByTheSea
    SussexByTheSea

Supports : Brighton and Hove Albion

Post by SussexByTheSea Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Nope.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Lux wrote:
    Danny wrote:

Pro Cunts, maybe Mischief
    Luton > you. What a Face
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:20 pm

No Coffee
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:22 pm

moscowmadeit3 wrote:No Coffee
    You're too old anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:28 pm

I wouldn't play for Man United.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Dan wrote:I wouldn't play for Man United.
    Then you are a spastic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:30 pm

I know you are, but what am I?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:30 pm

If Man United offered you a contract right now Dan, you'd take it. You'd be stupid not to.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:32 pm

But they wouldn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:05 am