Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Sean
BigAndy9
Fanatic
Steadman
Clark
VivaRonaldoLAD
ResurrectionRooney
LeBron
Jordan Henderchip
El Jefe
ShakerMatty
Marvin
easley91
Demoz
CoVkId01
SBSP
Keanoo
21 posters

WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

Anonymous

WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 8 Empty Re: WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:04 pm

ffs
    Anonymous

WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 8 Empty Re: WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Typical Cena.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:05 pm

It's painfully watching Cena trying to sell.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:05 pm

What's going on now, omg CM Punk yippee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Uhhh. They have brought Punk back way to early. They could of dragged this on and made it epic in a few weeks time. Plus I preferred his old music, it was so much better.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Really WWE? Really?

How the hell does Rey come off as being champ, then they won't let ADR cash in. Then a typical Cena win. At least the Divas match was entertaining. Maryse WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 8 13664

Even though Punk came out a little earlier than expected, he saved the show from being a Cena show. Some things never change eh. Will that mean Cena's championship is irrelevant now?
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:19 pm

10RLegend wrote:Really WWE? Really?

How the hell does Rey come off as being champ, then they won't let ADR cash in. Then a typical Cena win. At least the Divas match was entertaining. Maryse WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 8 13664

Even though Punk came out a little earlier than expected, he saved the show from being a Cena show. Some things never change eh. Will that mean Cena's championship is irrelevant now?

I thought about this, and it makes sense to bring him back now as Cena is the 'champ'. If anyone else Punk returning so early would be stupid, they resume their feud and with an added incentive, real vs fake titles. And IMO his new theme fits the voice of the voiceless leader best in the world gimmick, I love the song anyway and for Punk to use it just makes it that more epic to me. Who knows, that song could've just been used for his return as a surprise without using his original theme. It probably is his theme now though. I suggest to people who think it doesn't fit with Punk to watch the music video and listen to the lyrics, fits perfectly IMO. Very interested to see how this plays out now, especially with WWE reportedly interested in signing a couple of ROH stars, who may be added to the story with Punk.

Delighted JR is back also, Cole couldn't commentate for shit and King got stale and boring once JR had gone, so here's hoping King can bring his A game back to the table.

JoMo is great to see again but saying he resigned is wrong to me, he was injured so resigning him was weird and didn't make sense to me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Apparently that was Punks ROH theme... Its not that I don't like it, its just the other one was so much better for surprise appearances.

Look at the greats, Stone Cold has that glass breaking at the start of his
    Triple H has the 'time to play the game' right at the start of his
    Even ones like Miz with the massive AWESOME has that surprise factor.

Punks used to have it, this new one doesn't have it though.

As for Punk coming back, it was way early. Its almost like he hasn't left, just skipped a show. They could of waited to bring him back nearer to Night of Champions. It would of been so much better, the internet is powerful nowadays they could of kept the storyline running without actually mentioning it too much on the show. No one would forget...
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:13 pm

James wrote:Apparently that was Punks ROH theme... Its not that I don't like it, its just the other one was so much better for surprise appearances.

Look at the greats, Stone Cold has that glass breaking at the start of his
    Triple H has the 'time to play the game' right at the start of his
    Even ones like Miz with the massive AWESOME has that surprise factor.

Punks used to have it, this new one doesn't have it though.

As for Punk coming back, it was way early. Its almost like he hasn't left, just skipped a show. They could of waited to bring him back nearer to Night of Champions. It would of been so much better, the internet is powerful nowadays they could of kept the storyline running without actually mentioning it too much on the show. No one would forget...

They're essentially doing that for another Cena feud at the same time with Rock. If Rey was to retain against Cena last night then I would say keep Punk off TV for a while, but thinking about it with Cena winning last night it made sense because it makes Cena realize that he isn't actually champion, he lost the real belt to Punk. Plus Punk made numerous appearances between MITB and last night and I don't think he would've kept that up long enough.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:40 pm

this fire > cult of personality
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Raw was terrible for so many reasons. Rey, really? Cole in a match, really? Cena, really? And Punk's music......ahhhh I just thought the previous one was the best on the show and they fucking change it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 pm

But I will grow to like since it's Punk after all. Shit crowd btw.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:27 am

It was Punk's theme in ROH, that and breaking away from Nexus is why I believe they changed it, as well as to fit his new best in the world voice of the voiceless gimmick. It's one of my favorite songs ever and I am so happy that when I hear it Punk will be there in some way.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:34 am

Typical WWE really, couldnt wait to get the belt back on Cena.

CM Punk not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:36 am

New look for wwe, eh? fuck off, just went back to the same things that we hate. Like Cena just can't fuck off from the title picture.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:42 am

It's to continue the Punk v Cena feud. If Rey had retained against Cena, Punk would not have returned last night. It makes more sense for Punk to return with the original belt and feud with Cena when he is holding the new one instead of someone else as Cena was the one who lost the title to Punk. Punk returning with the original belt and raising it makes Cena realize that his one has no meaning but Punk's has. Unification match for both titles to happen, probably at SummerSlam, I just hope Punk is the one who wins, if Cena wins then you can moan about Cena in the title picture continuously..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 am

Cena had to win it back sometime, I just think they could have waited a little while. What is wrong with having Cena v Punk at Night of Champions, would be much more fitting.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:52 am

They may do it then, a match for SummerSlam hasn't even been set yet so it could be. You're right, it would be more fitting, but would WWE wait another month to have that match? and what would they do at SummerSlam in the mean time? Rey's re-match? I guess it could happen since surely Rey has a re-match clause as a losing champion. Just have to wait til RAW next week to find out what's next.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 am

Is right, just give it some fucking time instead of giving it to fucking cena within weeks. Christ.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 am

I thought for once they would actually leave Cena out of the title picture a while. I've noticed he looks a bit odd without the title when he comes during his entrance. Understandable since he always has the damn title. Mad
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:16 am

Smackdown had its highest rating in a while last week.

KANE = Ratings.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:25 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:Smackdown had its highest rating in a while last week.

KANE = Ratings.

KANE = Injured for 3 months.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 am

Read something about The Miz finishing top in PWI of the last year. Fair play to him, come leaps and bounds.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:28 am

What's the PWI?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:43 am

Profession Wrestling something I'd imagine. Basically should be a rankings of stars from all wrestling companies.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:51 am

PWI = Pro Wrestling Illustrated

PWI has published its list of the top 500 professional wrestlers
    each year since 1991 in an annual special edition magazine called the PWI 500. As of 2010, only Jushin Liger and Keiji Mutoh have appeared in every edition of the PWI 500.

It's the most respected wrestling magazine in the world I believe, that's why everyone takes the PWI 500 very seriously and respect the list.

Last edited by easley91 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 am

To be honest, I can't think of anyone else who should be #1 ahead of him.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:55 am

When you look at the last 12 months (or whenever they base it on) The Miz was on top and above everyone. Any predictions for who will top the next 500? Remember it includes EVERY company worldwide not just WWE, TNA, ROH. At this moment I would say no-one is above Punk, he is in another league.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 am

Yeah, Punk it is. Isn't it great that he's so good that he gets a total babyface reaction when he's never really gone out of his slightly arrogant persona. Laughing
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 am

Way too early to say. I would like it to be ADR though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:32 pm