Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Sean
BigAndy9
Fanatic
Steadman
Clark
VivaRonaldoLAD
ResurrectionRooney
LeBron
Jordan Henderchip
El Jefe
ShakerMatty
Marvin
easley91
Demoz
CoVkId01
SBSP
Keanoo
21 posters

WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 9 Empty Re: WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Yeah, Punk it is. Isn't it great that he's so good that he gets a total babyface reaction when he's never really gone out of his slightly arrogant persona. Laughing

It's a mix of his epic promos, proper Punk fans and proper wrestling fans who are sick to death of what WWE had been doing up until the start of this feud (writing wise, champion wise, poor PPVs with bad ratings etc.) Cena and PG. Notice the pitch of the crowd reaction when Punk held up his title, it was deep male voices! We men know what pro wrestling should be and Punk is the face of that.

I expect Colt Cabana and these two ROH stars who are apparently signing with WWE to join Punk soon, with maybe a heel Daniel Bryan and form an indie stable. Ok it will most likely never happen, but I can dream!
    Anonymous

WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 9 Empty Re: WWE Chat Thread - The Truth shall set you free!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:10 am

Thinking about it, it's good that Cena won the title considering Rey had it. The latter had no build-up at all, and just won it like that. A Ziggler-esque title win in some ways.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:13 am

Anyone else think Raw could do with some new faces?

Either that or use their roster more efficiently. Sick of seeing the same people every week.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:15 am

I've been reading on another forum, caws.ws if any of you know it, and one or two of them think the way I do about the story. And that's Cena winning it back now gets them to continue the feud with no long break and lets them continue the momentum they have, momentum which I'm sure they may have lost if Punk was gone too long. Having said that though, Punk could've come back at SummerSlam instead with Cena beating Rey that night, as that would've been just about long enough IMO.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:16 am

So does smackdown. Sheamus and The Miz are prime candidates. Kofi Kingston would be a prime candidate to get booted out. Can he have a more cringe-worthy gimmick?
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:16 am

Marvin wrote:Anyone else think Raw could do with some new faces?

Either that or use their roster more efficiently. Sick of seeing the same people every week.

Well if people like Ryder, McIntyre, Kidd, Otunga, McGillicutty and Ryan were used then we would have some new faces.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:19 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:So does smackdown. Sheamus and The Miz are prime candidates. Kofi Kingston would be a prime candidate to get booted out. Can he have a more cringe-worthy gimmick?

I never really thought he had a gimmick other than being a high flyer to be honest. Miz is on RAW and one of the biggest faces now, so him getting booted would = ratings drop.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:23 am

easley91 wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:So does smackdown. Sheamus and The Miz are prime candidates. Kofi Kingston would be a prime candidate to get booted out. Can he have a more cringe-worthy gimmick?

I never really thought he had a gimmick other than being a high flyer to be honest. Miz is on RAW and one of the biggest faces now, so him getting booted would = ratings drop.

The Miz booted? Never said that.

Don't think Kingston has much of a draw, does he actually bring much in through merchandise sales? Is he even Ghanaian? Have you actually looked forward to seeing him on Raw recently? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 am

easley91 wrote:
    Marvin wrote:Anyone else think Raw could do with some new faces?

Well if people like Ryder, McIntyre, Kidd, Otunga, McGillicutty and Ryan were used then we would have some new faces.

WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 9 859644 Hopefully he will be in a match sooner or later which doesn't involve him jobbing.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

Don't think Kingston has much of a draw, does he actually bring much in through merchandise sales? Is he even Ghanaian? Have you actually looked forward to seeing him on Raw recently? Laughing
    Everytime I see him the crowds go mad for him, they seem to love him for some reason.

He's just...meh. Can't even cut a promo.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:28 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Thinking about it, it's good that Cena won the title considering Rey had it. The latter had no build-up at all, and just won it like that. A Ziggler-esque title win in some ways.
    Yes, I can't take Mysterio seriously. His finisher is ridiculous, no wrestler ever takes a rest on the middle ropes unless they're fighting Mysterio, when they're fighting him suddenly they do it 4 or 5 times a match. The only build up he's had has been losing Triple Threat matches with bad luck.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

When you said prime candidates after mentioning Smackdown I thought you meant get them booted from Smackdown just like Kofi, who I've only just remembered is on RAW also. WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 9 537999

He is Ghanian, they brought him in as Jamaican but changed it to his actual nationality, which is Ghana.

Honestly I've only looked forward to Punk on RAW and Christian/Bryan/Barrett on Smackdown. Laughing

Last edited by easley91 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 am

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Controlled frenzy!

This guy is in my fave five.(Booker-T)
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:31 am

I liked Kofi at first, and especially during his feud with Orton but IMO he's gotten stale lately and does the same every match with his controlled frenzy. He does have talent though, and that is displayed in his matches with Ziggler and in MITBs, if used right he can become big.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:31 am

I look forward to Punk and The Miz or Raw, and Sheamus and Barrett on Smackdown.

Didn't watch the Divas match, but apparently they were acting unusually sluttish? A move back to the good ol' days? What a Face
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:34 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:I look forward to Punk and The Miz or Raw, and Sheamus and Barrett on Smackdown.

Didn't watch the Divas match, but apparently they were acting unusually sluttish? A move back to the good ol' days? What a Face

Wound through it on Sky+, only ever watch diva matches whenever it's live or Kharma is involved (won't be watching her for a while) but you can predict winners in them so easily just by seeing who's the champ at the time. At the moment it's Kelly Kelly, so she'll win everyone of her matches until she loses the title and it starts again.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 am

Thinking about it, anyone think Kofi may become Shelton Benjamin 2.0? Both great talents who can't talk for shit and will ultimately never become champion and left in mid-card obscurity until release.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:36 am

Kelly Kelly isn't that hot. Really, she's got a good body but her face is just meh. Maryse on the other hand.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:36 am

I look forward to Natalya and Kaitlyn more than I do most of the superstars.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:Thinking about it, it's good that Cena won the title considering Rey had it. The latter had no build-up at all, and just won it like that. A Ziggler-esque title win in some ways.
    Yes, I can't take Mysterio seriously. His finisher is ridiculous, no wrestler ever takes a rest on the middle ropes unless they're fighting Mysterio, when they're fighting him suddenly they do it 4 or 5 times a match. The only build up he's had has been losing Triple Threat matches with bad luck.
    Don't get me started on Rey. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:37 am

easley91 wrote:Thinking about it, anyone think Kofi may become Shelton Benjamin 2.0? Both great talents who can't talk for shit and will ultimately never become champion and left in mid-card obscurity until release.

I think Shelton had more talent than Kofi though. Some of his stunts at MITB matches were mind blowing. But I suppose you could say that.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:38 am

Can't stand Kelly Kelly, she isn't beautiful at all, give me Maryse and Melina anyday with perhaps Eve as well. WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 9 279869
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:39 am

Kaitlyn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The others.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:39 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    easley91 wrote:Thinking about it, anyone think Kofi may become Shelton Benjamin 2.0? Both great talents who can't talk for shit and will ultimately never become champion and left in mid-card obscurity until release.

I think Shelton had more talent than Kofi though. Some of his stunts at MITB matches were mind blowing. But I suppose you could say that.

So were Kofi's to be fair, using ladder parts as stilts, jumping through the middle of a ladder, boom drop from the top to the announce table, jumping over a ladder being ran at him by two other superstars etc. Honestly to me they have similarities, may just be me though. WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 9 214775
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:41 am

I forgot about Kaitlyn. WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 9 58503 Ok so Maryse, Melina, Eve and Kaitlyn.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:20 am

Kelly kelly is pretty hot, but not the hottest, although the majority think so.
    But that title belongs to Maryse. WWE Chat Thread  - The Truth shall set you free! - Page 9 225495
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:23 am

Give me the twins any day.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 am

Yeah I love the Bellas.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 am

Read somewhere that WWE is gonna start planning backwards now Laughing
    Basically means that lets say they have the main event for Survivor Series set already, they work the storyline backwards from Survivor Series. Not sure if you get me, kinda hard to explain. basically gives them better time for a feud.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:19 am

You mean they build up feuds before pay-per-views like they have been doing for decades?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:33 am

I dunno if I explained it properly, but they stopped doing it years ago and are starting back again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:09 pm