Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Pimp
bcfcben
Hernandez_14
ricky//habana
Jordi
Lux
Grenade
Uncle John from Jamaica
Kris
LFC_Grunners
Jamie
fluffy_kittens
The Zlatan
Coatsy
Gegilworld93
Pippo
Theo Filippo
Barton
Ben
Mason
luke.
Steadman
ResurrectionRooney
27 posters

What is the least fun position to play in?

Poll

[ 14 ]
    What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_left36%What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 3 ]
    What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_left8%What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 6 ]
    What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_left15%What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 6 ]
    What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_left15%What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_left0%What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_left0%What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_left10%What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 6 ]

Total Votes: 39
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the least fun position to play in?

Post by Lux Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:50 am

Depends on the team....but being a striker can be pretty shitty.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the least fun position to play in?

Post by Jordi Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:51 am

polska. wrote:I'm a world class keeper because I'm Polish so whenever the usual goalkeepers can't play, I have to fill in. I can say it is definitely less interesting than other positions.

heck I have seen goalkeepers bored out of their minds some games. Laughing I mean no wonder Valdes pushes up and joins in the passing sessions from time to time. Goalkeeping for Barca would probably be super boring otherwise. Laughing
    Fix'd.
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 am

Probably wing back as you are expected to cover the length of the pitch and back faster than the ball sometimes. It is just up and back for the majority of the match.
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:58 am

Goalie.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:I use to play right back for a while.

Fucking hated it, the moron coach moaned if I went forward at all ffs. If I was allowed to go forward I'd probably have liked it more though.
    "But coach...Dani Alves does it too!"

"Shut up Jamie get back defending!"

Amirite? What is the least fun position to play in? - Page 2 784961

Laughing

Pretty much.
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:11 am

Goalie...if you make a mistake it usually ends in a goal
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:39 am

In order...

GK
    CB
    LB + RB
    DM
    LW + RW
    ST
    AM + CF
    LM + RM
    CM
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:41 am

ricky//habana wrote:Probably wing back as you are expected to cover the length of the pitch and back faster than the ball sometimes. It is just up and back for the majority of the match.

So how does that make it boring? scratch I find it more interesting than sitting in the back the whole time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:42 am

Jordi wrote:
    polska. wrote:I'm a world class keeper because I'm Polish so whenever the usual goalkeepers can't play, I have to fill in. I can say it is definitely less interesting than other positions.

heck I have seen goalkeepers bored out of their minds some games. Laughing I mean no wonder Valdes pushes up and joins in the passing sessions from time to time. Goalkeeping for Barca would probably be super boring otherwise. Laughing
    Fix'd.
    thumb
    Pimp

Supports : Liverpool

Post by Pimp Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:40 am

I'll only speak from experience so I wont mention GK but DM is effort (Ive played there twice) and then on the wing during pre-season where your knackered after 5minutes and dead on your feet by half time.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Probably left back or left wing, because my left foot is shite.

But when I'm on the left wing, I can cut inside a lot, and I love defending (left back), so neither particularly bother me tbh.

I'll play anywhere really, but I've played keeper once in a proper match when I was around 11. Hated it, played the first half there and let in 4. Horrible feeling.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Keeper is boring, especially if you have solid defenders in front of you.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:02 pm

AriseForLife wrote:Keeper is boring, especially if you have solid defenders in front of you.

Should join A...

Nah that's too easy.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Laughing
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:10 pm

When I played football from under 10's - under 15's I always played full back. Although I was decent in this position it was never that exiting a position to play in. I was never given the opportunity to push forward and it was the same old take out the skillful quick winger and then do a lofted through ball as the pitches were unplayable for passing football. In the end it just bored me so I called it quits and now just play with my friends where I have more freedom on the ball.

I'd imagine playing in goal for a good club at sunday league level to be boring. I remember in one game our keeper was lying on his back sun bathing talking to his dad, who pulled up a deck chair behind his goal as he didn't have to make a save the whole game Laughing.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:
    AriseForLife wrote:Keeper is boring, especially if you have solid defenders in front of you.

Should join A...

Nah that's too easy.
    Good one I will give you that.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:12 pm

ricky//habana wrote:Probably wing back as you are expected to cover the length of the pitch and back faster than the ball sometimes. It is just up and back for the majority of the match.
    Playing right back/wing back is my favorite position. It's a lot more than down and back for the match. Depending on who you're playing against you will always be in one v one situations where you either best your opponent or get found out. In my opinion there is no better position to play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:40 am