Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Trig
Coatsy
Pippo
Jayx1012
lvrpl4life
Jamie
Hitchy
Fanatic
Cornholio
ram_cr7
Walcott
Mal
Childish Logic
GK01
easley91
moscowmadeit3
SBSP
The Zlatan
Dean
blackskar
Barton
Marvin
Lux
dena
Cadbury
Danny
Kuled
luke.
32 posters

2010–11 UEFA Champions League Second Draw

Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

2010–11 UEFA Champions League Second Draw - Page 11 Empty Re: 2010–11 UEFA Champions League Second Draw

Post by Jamie Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:20 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:If a team is 3/1 to qualify over 2 legs at this stage in the champions league then the odds suggest they are massive underdogs. If it was Spurs 3/1 to win away vs Real Madrid in a one off game those would be odds suggesting the teams were close.

For example the bookies say Schalke have as much chance of qualifying as Spurs do, and Schalke are the worst team left in the competition.

United and Chelsea are both around evens because that's what odds of a closely matched tie is.

Spurs are underdogs, but not massively. Every 1 in 3 times they will beat Real Madrid.....I think that's not too bad. Better than the odds many teams overcome in the Premier League on a fairly regular basis.

Schalke are the worst team, but Inter aren't as good as Madrid. Schalke against Madrid would have much worse odds than Spurs.

Fanatic wrote:Lux, do you ever get tired of looking clueless?

No, because there's nothing clueless about this. How 3/1 is massive underdogs is beyond me.

1 in 3? It's 1 in 4. Neutral
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

2010–11 UEFA Champions League Second Draw - Page 11 Empty Re: 2010–11 UEFA Champions League Second Draw

Post by Fanatic Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:23 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:If a team is 3/1 to qualify over 2 legs at this stage in the champions league then the odds suggest they are massive underdogs. If it was Spurs 3/1 to win away vs Real Madrid in a one off game those would be odds suggesting the teams were close.

For example the bookies say Schalke have as much chance of qualifying as Spurs do, and Schalke are the worst team left in the competition.

United and Chelsea are both around evens because that's what odds of a closely matched tie is.

Spurs are underdogs, but not massively. Every 1 in 3 times they will beat Real Madrid.....I think that's not too bad. Better than the odds many teams overcome in the Premier League on a fairly regular basis.

Schalke are the worst team, but Inter aren't as good as Madrid. Schalke against Madrid would have much worse odds than Spurs.

Fanatic wrote:Lux, do you ever get tired of looking clueless?

No, because there's nothing clueless about this. How 3/1 is massive underdogs is beyond me.

Was going to say this.

facepalm

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:28 am

Fine Shagger wrote:

.......... if you're 3/1 to qualify then 1 out of 3 times you qualify.....

For 1 in 4 it'd be 4/1..... :-.-:
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:29 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

.......... if you're 3/1 to qualify then 1 out of 3 times you qualify.....

For 1 in 4 it'd be 4/1..... :-.-:

Give it up ffs, again you've shown yourself up.

Evens equals 1 in 2 chance right? And the fractions for evens is 1/1. So 1/1 equals 1 in 2 chance, 2/1 equals 1 in 3 chance, 3/1 equals 1 in 4 chance.

Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:38 am

Gun

Whatever, like I said this mixture of fractions and decimals is confusing me.

Not that it makes a difference to the topic. You can't get 3/1 odds anyway the very best you can get is 14/5 and the worst is 7/4.

Anyway, fuck the odds, fuck all this silly talk of who's getting their odds mixed up......the point if that I'd say Spurs going through 1 in 4 times is underrating them.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:39 am

Luxz0rz wrote: Gun

Not that it makes a difference to the topic. You can't get 3/1 odds anyway the very best you can get is 14/5 and the worst is 7/4.

Anyway, fuck the odds, fuck all this silly talk of who's getting their odds mixed up......the point if that I'd say Spurs going through 1 in 4 times is underrating them.
    Like a lot of other things. there there

Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:44 am

Luxz0rz wrote: Gun

This is your problem, you get yourself into drawn out arguments because you stubbornly believe you are always right, when actually you're proven wrong quite often.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:47 am

Fine Shagger wrote:This is your problem, you get yourself into drawn out arguments because you stubbornly believe you are always right, when actually you're proven wrong quite often.

I don't care about this point, because it's not relevant at all. Fractions, meanings of words.....it's not important what's important is the footballing opinion.

Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:48 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:This is your problem, you get yourself into drawn out arguments because you stubbornly believe you are always right, when actually you're proven wrong quite often.

I don't care about this point, because it's not relevant at all. Fractions, meanings of words.....it's not important what's important is the footballing opinion.

Meanings of words is how the debates with you always start though. People take you the wrong way because you dream up new definitions of words.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:48 am

Luxz0rz wrote:

It's not relevant now because you were proved wrong.....again. rofl
    You're pathetic.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:51 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Meanings of words is how the debates with you always start though. People take you the wrong way because you dream up new definitions of words.

It's easy to sort out. I don't have to explain myself 1000000 times, if people want to be stubborn and ruin the thread then that's their fault not mine.

Fanatic wrote:It's not relevant now because you were proved wrong.....again. rofl
    You're pathetic.

You can have your fractions victory you're so cool Rolling Eyes
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:52 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Meanings of words is how the debates with you always start though. People take you the wrong way because you dream up new definitions of words.

It's easy to sort out. I don't have to explain myself 1000000 times, if people want to be stubborn and ruin the thread then that's their fault not mine.

Fanatic wrote:It's not relevant now because you were proved wrong.....again. rofl
    You're pathetic.

You can have your fractions victory you're so cool Rolling Eyes
    You're pathetic if you think that makes me so "cool". But, I'll take the victory, as I'm always right or in this case you're wrong.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:25 am

El Pipita wrote:Well people shouldn't bother with me I know what pisses 99% of this forum off, and at Fanatic it is when people say something about his mother

I know yours. It's talking shit about Madrid. Razz
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:27 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    El Pipita wrote:Well people shouldn't bother with me I know what pisses 99% of this forum off, and at Fanatic it is when people say something about his mother

I know yours. It's talking shit about Madrid. Razz
    Also, talking about anything to do with Belgium.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:43 pm