Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dan
Forest
Juventino
Mr Durmmond
Ra's al Ghul
Grenade
Theo Filippo
hoggyboy
The Bat-Man
Gegilworld93
Kelloggg8
Cornholio
Sheppy
Jord
Keanoo
Sean
Pippo
luke.
Jayx1012
SBSP
Roloman4
ricky//habana
menalawyerguy
Cameron.
Jordi
Kuled
Cadbury
Childish Logic
mac
Weather130
Mustangt125
dena
Lux
Danny
40 posters

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Anonymous

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 15 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Nvm
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 15 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Mustang got angry.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 am

Syria is in some deep shit. Over 200 killed in one day by the Syrian Amry. They bombed and went on a massacre in Hams. Meanwhile, China and Russia vetoed a UN resolution to deal with the problem.

Damn Commies. Neutral
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:28 am

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Today in the People's Assembly, the vice president of the Salafi party interrupted the session with a call to prayer. The Speaker of the Parliament (who is part of the Muslim Brotherhood) told him to stop it and he was not more religious than his fellow parliamentarians and could perform his call to prayer in a nearby mosque. They got into a small confrontation until other elected officials had to calm the Salafi down and make him leave.

Laughing

Well that's a good sign for the people who feared that the Muslim Brotherhood would side with the ultraconservative Salafis.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:34 am

I'm glad this guy was disqualified for running as president. facepalm
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:49 am

Is all this shit still happening over there? 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 15 58503

Getting boring now, we should just bomb the lot of them Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 am

Grenade wrote:Is all this shit still happening over there? 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 15 58503

Getting boring now, we should just bomb the lot of them Neutral

Well it's just Syria pretty much now.

Tunisia's revolution is pretty much complete. Egypt is almost there. Syria is still fighting. I don't know what's going on in Libya. The rest are experiencing little protests.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:07 am

An interview with Abdel Moneim Aboul Fotouh, Egypt's leading candidate. He was part of the Muslim Brotherhood, but split away from them after the revolution...

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/talktojazeera/2012/04/2012428911663446.html
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 4:47 am

Egyptian presidential elections concluded today. Nothing has been announced yet, but several media sources have their own different winner projected. It's probably going to be a runoff election anyways. But I can't believe the people who still want to bring Ahmed Shafiq and Amr Moussa into power.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 25, 2012 4:54 am

Who are the different media outlets predicting will win?
    Mr Durmmond
    Mr Durmmond

Supports : Arnold, Willis and Kimberly.

Post by Mr Durmmond Fri May 25, 2012 4:59 am

Muslim Brotherhood 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 15 9905
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 25, 2012 5:03 am

Mr Durmmond wrote:Muslim Brotherhood 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 15 9905

Is this your dupe, ahly?
    Mr Durmmond
    Mr Durmmond

Post by Mr Durmmond Fri May 25, 2012 5:07 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Mr Durmmond wrote:Muslim Brotherhood 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 15 9905

Is this your dupe, ahly?

No.

I just want the Muslim Brotherhood to win as it will mean a step closer to controlling the entire middle east.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 25, 2012 5:14 am

Mr Durmmond wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Is this your dupe, ahly?

No.

I just want the Muslim Brotherhood to win as it will mean a step closer to controlling the entire middle east.

I know, I'm just joking with him because he voted for their representative in the presidential elections. I also think they are a great organization.
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Fri May 25, 2012 5:26 am

What are their main goals?
    Mr Durmmond
    Mr Durmmond

Post by Mr Durmmond Fri May 25, 2012 5:35 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Mr Durmmond wrote:

No.
    I know, I'm just joking with him because he voted for their representative in the presidential elections. I also think they are a great organization.
    Oh, my mistake. Are you from western society ? If so it's very strange that you would think they are great.
    Mr Durmmond
    Mr Durmmond

Post by Mr Durmmond Fri May 25, 2012 5:37 am

Juventino. wrote:What are their main goals?

Well..

The Brotherhood's stated goal is to instill the Qur'an and Sunnah as the "sole reference point for ...ordering the life of the Muslim family, individual, community ... and state"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:58 am

BladeGunner wrote:Who are the different media outlets predicting will win?

Don't know, just heard there are mixed reports on who was in the lead.

Mr Durmmond wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Is this your dupe, ahly?

No.

The MB controlling the ME or the US?

Juventino. wrote:What are their main goals?

"We believe that the political reform is the true and natural gateway for all other kinds of reform. We have announced our acceptance of democracy that acknowledges political pluralism, the peaceful rotation of power and the fact that the nation is the source of all powers. As we see it, political reform includes the termination of the state of emergency, restoring public freedoms, including the right to establish political parties, whatever their tendencies may be, and the freedom of the press, freedom of criticism and thought, freedom of peaceful demonstrations, freedom of assembly, etc. It also includes the dismantling of all exceptional courts and the annulment of all exceptional laws, establishing the independence of the judiciary, enabling the judiciary to fully and truly supervise general elections so as to ensure that they authentically express people's will, removing all obstacles that restrict the functioning of civil society organizations, etc."
    Mr Durmmond
    Mr Durmmond

Post by Mr Durmmond Fri May 25, 2012 8:00 am

The Middle East, but who knows maybe given time Muslim brothers will control the entire world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:03 am

Mr Durmmond wrote:The Middle East, but who knows maybe given time Muslim brothers will control the entire world.

Sorry, let me word it better...

Are you looking forward for the MB to win so that the Muslim Brotherhood can control the entire Middle East or for the US to control the entire Middle East?
    Mr Durmmond
    Mr Durmmond

Post by Mr Durmmond Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 am

Ah I see, the wording was fine my understanding was incorrect.

I meant the the Muslim Brotherhood control the entire Middle east, although with the growing super powers of the gulf states this could prove impossible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:15 am

I agree it will prove to be difficult. Egypt cannot compete financially with the oil-rich states at the moment. But once Egypt begins to build a strong economy that it is capable of and the dependency of oil decreases, it will be a financial super power in the region as well. But I think there is an advantage that Egypt could develop over the oil-rich monarchs and dictatorships. Once people in those countries see that people have freedoms AND are financially secure, they will want the same in their countries. There is massive oppression in these oil-rich monarchs that are only temporarily given a blind eye because of the standard of living (financial wise).
    Mr Durmmond
    Mr Durmmond

Post by Mr Durmmond Fri May 25, 2012 8:29 am

Couldn't agree more with what you said.

I also think an issue Egypt faces that these Gulf states don't at the moment is the mass population issue.

Having over 80million people in contrast to having 7.5million makes it a great deal harder to grow a strong enough economy to take on the likes of UAE and co.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 9:06 am

They are counting the votes right now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 12:04 pm

People who are voting for Ahmed Shafik. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 2:22 am

FINAL in 25 governorates: Mursi 4,406,782, Shafiq 4,115,840, Sabbahi 3,329,519, Abul-Fotouh 2,959,937, Moussa 1,778,244

Only Cairo and Giza governorates left.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 3:26 pm

So it looks like Mohamed Morsy v Ahmed Shafiq in the run-off elections (which will be in three weeks).

Don't know why that many people actually voted for Shafiq. Fucking retards. Anyways, it seems like Morsy has got this. People who didn't support him or the Muslim Brotherhood should logically support him in the run-off election. Otherwise, the country and the people in it should burn to the ground.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:18 am

Seems women don't want to vote for the Muslim Brotherhood. Seen a women being interview last night as she was going to the polls and she said she didn't want the MB because they were going to make her wear a veil, he didn't out right say veil, she just moved her hijab across her face to demonstrate to him. Seems a shame women think like this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 am

There are plenty of women that voted for the MB. Anyways, the MB won't force the hijab on women and would fail if they even tried. Maybe the Salafis would push for something like that. As for the niqab (the one that covers the face too), are banned in a lot of public buildings/places in Egypt and the leading Sunni school of thought has banned it in its institutions and schools.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:24 pm