Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Sean
Lux
El Jefe
Carlos Jenkinson
Danny
Ben
Kuled
luke.
12 posters

Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision.

Danny
    Danny

Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision.

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:05 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:In all fairness, Germany's third and fourth goals came from counter-attacks because of England pushing their defenders up. Anyone who says Germany would have just won it 4-2 doesn't know what they're talking about. Neutral
    Exactly. At 2-2 we'd have needed 1 goal, at 1-2 we'd have needed 2. We wouldn't have had to go all out attack, and wouldn't have been caught on the break that badly.
    Anonymous

Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:07 am

We'd have had a good chance, but football's too unpredictable to say we'd have won definitely Danny.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 am

Danny B wrote:Fuck Barry, Green and Young tbh.

Walcott should be in there, as well as Hart.

Pick whoever from the likes of Carrick, Huddlestone etc.. to replace Barry Neutral

Agree with Hart, as of today. But in June, I wouldn't have been too sure, and neither would you guys.

Barry is more defensive minded, so I picked him. But i'd imagine Carrick would be in this final-23 squad too, so change him for Carrick if you wish.

Walcott didn't get called up. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 am

Dan wrote:We'd have had a good chance, but football's too unpredictable to say we'd have won definitely Danny.
    Yeah, I know. I just have that feeling we could have done 'em.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 am

Pick whoever from the likes of Carrick, Huddlestone etc.. to replace Barry Neutral
    Screw all of them. Johnson and Parker should have gone. Neutral
    Anonymous

Danny B wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:In all fairness, Germany's third and fourth goals came from counter-attacks because of England pushing their defenders up. Anyone who says Germany would have just won it 4-2 doesn't know what they're talking about. Neutral
    Exactly. At 2-2 we'd have needed 1 goal, at 1-2 we'd have needed 2. We wouldn't have had to go all out attack, and wouldn't have been caught on the break that badly.
    What explains the first two goals than? Neutral
    Anonymous

If it went to 2-2 anything could have happened. Neutral
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:09 am

We'll compromise, maybe the would or maybe they wouldn't. But you'd defiantly have gotten beat by Argentina.

:troll:
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:09 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Agree with Hart, as of today. But in June, I wouldn't have been too sure, and neither would you guys.

Barry is more defensive minded, so I picked him. But i'd imagine Carrick would be in this final-23 squad too, so change him for Carrick if you wish.

Walcott didn't get called up. Neutral
    Carrick is MILES better than Barry. He's been awful for England for over a year tbh. How Huddlestone and Rodwell haven't been called up is beyond me.

Walcott not going was a joke. He'd have shit scared full backs, just like Rooney did to the likes of Silvestre at Euro 2004. No one could handle him until he wrecked his metertasel.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 am

Henry > you.

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 am

Sean CFC wrote:We'll compromise, maybe the would or maybe they wouldn't. But you'd defiantly have gotten beat by Argentina.
    Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Danny B wrote:
    What explains the first two goals than? Neutral
    Defence fell asleep for both of them. I bet you anything they got a bollocking for that.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 am

Sean CFC wrote:We'll compromise, maybe the would or maybe they wouldn't. But you'd defiantly have gotten beat by Argentina.

Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision. - Page 3 12784
    Laughing Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:11 am

It would've been 50-50 at half time for sure.

That's all I would've asked for. I'm upset that England lost but more annoyed that (as always) we haven't had a chance to win fairly or lose fairly.

In almost every major tournament recently there's been a decision that has contributed to us losing. When England's full strength side loses fairly I will accept it......but I can't think of many times that has happened......maybe Brazil via Seaman mistake? Maybe one of the Portugal losses......
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:11 am

This is true, seeing as Capello would not have changed the 4-4-2 even if they have beaten Germany somehow. Would've taken a miracle of England to get passed Germany, and I don't think two miracles in a row is likely.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:12 am

Luxz0rz wrote:It would've been 50-50 at half time for sure.

That's all I would've asked for. I'm upset that England lost but more annoyed that (as always) we haven't had a chance to win fairly or lose fairly.

In almost every major tournament recently there's been a decision that has contributed to us losing. When England's full strength side loses fairly I will accept it......but I can't think of many times that has happened......maybe Brazil via Seaman mistake? Maybe one of the Portugal losses......

2006 World Cup? And don't give me any bullshit that Rooney shouldn't have been sent off.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:12 am

Tbh, we've had no luck in any tournament since '66. If we had we'd have won something since.

I think we'd have won the WC in 2002 if we'd beaten Brazil, we'd certainly have got close. Only Germany really would have stood in our way imo, and we absolutely battered them in Munich months earlier.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:12 am

Thanks for resurrecting the horse so everyone can beat it to death again luke.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 am

Sean CFC wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:It would've been 50-50 at half time for sure.

2006 World Cup? And don't give me any bullshit that Rooney shouldn't have been sent off.
    2006 World Cup we should have had a penalty in extra time when Lennon was taken out. Lampard scores, we're in the semis Neutral
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 am

Danny B wrote:

Erm you practically would have considering Germany would of wiped the floor if it went to penaltys, making Capello attack a bit then caught on the break by another German counter attack
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 am

dena wrote:Thanks for resurrecting the horse so everyone can beat it to death again luke.
    rofl
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:24 am

Bear wrote:
    Danny B wrote:

Erm you practically would have considering Germany would of wiped the floor if it went to penaltys, making Capello attack a bit then caught on the break by another German counter attack
    We wouldn't have needed to attack as much if we were level, instead of a goal down facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 am

Should of went to specsavers the silly queef
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

This is true, seeing as Capello would not have changed the 4-4-2 even if they have beaten Germany somehow. Would've taken a miracle of England to get passed Germany, and I don't think two miracles in a row is likely.

Greece? 2004?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am

Thought this was relevant.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/27/germany-4-1-england-tactics/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am

Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Greece? 2004?

No miracles. Just plain out brilliant tactics.

I just posted a link to Zonalmarking on my last post. Dig up the article regarding Greece's victory.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 am

Even Greece's manager says he has no idea how they won it Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:55 am

Danny B wrote:Even Greece's manager says he has no idea how they won it Neutral
    rofl
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:56 am

Actually after thinking about it I kinda get what you guys are saying

It's like Liverpool v Milan. At half time they were completely outplayed but a Gerrard header and suddenly momentum started building.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:57 am

Sean CFC wrote:Actually after thinking about it I kinda get what you guys are saying

It's like Liverpool v Milan. At half time they were completely outplayed but a Gerrard header and suddenly momentum started building.
    Exactly. That goal gave them the momentum and confidence. Milan looked shit scared of them after Gerrard's goal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:33 pm