Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Sean
Lux
El Jefe
Carlos Jenkinson
Danny
Ben
Kuled
luke.
12 posters

Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision.

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision. - Page 5 Empty Re: Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision.

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 am

Luxz0rz wrote:You can't be expected to beat the officials...that's not the England players jobs.

So now because the officials got a goal call wrong you've suddenly lost the game? i saw 2 more goals banged in the second half and if that's the english mentality then no wonder we win fuck all
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision. - Page 5 Empty Re: Mauricio Espinosa talks about his horror World Cup decision.

Post by Lux Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:05 am

Bear wrote:So now because the officials got a goal call wrong you've suddenly lost the game? i saw 2 more goals banged in the second half and if that's the english mentality then no wonder we win fuck all

So our mentality should be that it's our fault if we don't beat a great team like Germany even when the officials make it so much harder for us?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Bear wrote:So now because the officials got a goal call wrong you've suddenly lost the game? i saw 2 more goals banged in the second half and if that's the english mentality then no wonder we win fuck all

So our mentality should be that it's our fault if we don't beat a great team like Germany even when the officials make it so much harder for us?

No not a harder mentality, a game over mentality because the officials made a wrong call before the game's over
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:24 am

Bear wrote:No not a harder mentality, a game over mentality because the officials made a wrong call before the game's over

England obviously didn't have a game over mentality or they wouldn't have gone out second half to try and get a goal back.

Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:55 am

Goal.com

Invalid interview.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:31 am

Regarding Greece's win in the Euro.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/03/29/greece-euro-2004-tactics/

Neutral

I'm not going to reenter the argument regarding England. It's pointless as you guys are to blind with patriotism to see England were tactically hopeless even from the kickoff. Don't quote this as I don't wish to reply and get dragged in the argument again.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Bear wrote:No not a harder mentality, a game over mentality because the officials made a wrong call before the game's over

England obviously didn't have a game over mentality or they wouldn't have gone out second half to try and get a goal back.

It practically was though wasn't it? all attack and no motivation to organise or get back
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm not trying to troll, but get over it. England had an awful World Cup campaign and was not going to beat Germany. England fans are just trying to find any scapegoat. The assistant referee did all he could and it's not really his fault. If you want to blame someone, blame the FIFA officials who refuse to address the issue of video replay or other types of technology.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 pm

ahlycotc wrote:I'm not trying to troll, but get over it. England had an awful World Cup campaign and was not going to beat Germany. England fans are just trying to find any scapegoat. The assistant referee did all he could and it's not really his fault. If you want to blame someone, blame the FIFA officials who refuse to address the issue of video replay or other types of technology.
    Going a little far. Neutral

Arsenal were in cruise control against Spurs in the first half but after Spurs's first went in they looked a different side and ended up winning. I don't see how England vs Germany is any different apart from the fact England's second never counted and Germany destryed them on the break excellently. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:17 pm

ahlycotc wrote:I'm not trying to troll, but get over it. England had an awful World Cup campaign and was not going to beat Germany. England fans are just trying to find any scapegoat. The assistant referee did all he could and it's not really his fault. If you want to blame someone, blame the FIFA officials who refuse to address the issue of video replay or other types of technology.

If you're really that simple minded to believe that England can't win a game when it's 2-2 then.......I dunno it's beyond words Neutral I blame FIFA, but I also blame the officials because they're not good enough for the role they're supposed to be doing.

There is no imaginary scapegoat.....how people can shrug off a disallowed goal and pretend it didn't happen is beyond me. The only scapegoat here is the one this official is making.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Regarding Greece's win in the Euro.

Neutral

I'm not going to reenter the argument regarding England. It's pointless as you guys are to blind with patriotism to see England were tactically hopeless even from the kickoff. Don't quote this as I don't wish to reply and get dragged in the argument again.

If you don't want to reenter it then don't talk shit and pretend to run off.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:11 pm

It was in the past and there's nothing anyone can do about it tbh Rolling Eyes And it's not as if Sepp (The Prick) Blatter is going to do anything about goal line technology or anything like it because it costs to much according to him. Well it's fucking worth it if decisions like that don't happen facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 am

Tom wrote:
    Danny B wrote:Bear: Penalties has fuck all to do with this? Neutral

I'm saying if the score is 2-2 at half time, you don't need to attack as much as you do if you're 2-1 down, because Polska didn't appear to have grasped the concept Neutral

You don't need to attack as much but u still need to attack, let me break it down for you

What happened
    England + Full out attack = demolished

If it was 2-2
    England + attacking a bit = still countered and beaten
    You're probably thinking, why would England need to attack a bit? because England will get beaten by those German machines in penalties obviously

if it was 2 2 at half time, the second half may have been totally different. it would have flattered England to have ben level but may have changed the whole game!

maybe it was the spark that a underperforming and lacklustre Englanded needed to rekindle the belief they had in qualifying so emphatically. perhaps throwing a 2 goal lead away would have affected Germany. German efficiency aside they were a very young team facing players who have been there and done that for many a year.

one things for sure, had the equaliser counted we wouldn't have lost 4 1.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:30 am

Jesus Christ. If the goal had stood, do you really think the game would have been the same?

Think about our game in Istanbul. Milan 3-0 up, we score, pile on the pressure and they crumble. There was a bigger gap between us and Milan than England and Germany - we won. Why couldn't England?
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:32 am

"Because England are shit and all us foreigners like to piss you off" Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:34 am

Find any scapegoat?

What a piece of fucking shit you are, it would have been a goal to make it 2-2 and could have completely changed the game you thick cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:37 am

Neutral

that article lauds the Czech Rep. as the "best team in the tournament"!

would you agree with that too?

looks like i quoted you. but dont reply as you'll only disagree with me and i wont reply.

..........or will i?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 am

ahlycotc wrote: The assistant referee did all he could and it's not really his fault.

really? i was there. i was much further away than the linesman to the incident and i saw it. you will argue that i had a better view than the linesman but i didnt! i have run the line on many an occasion and know exactly how good his view would have been from the 18 yard line, he also had the benefit of perfect weather and a laser levelled pitch! there is no way in the world that a linesman doing his job properly would have missed it!

as for the scapegoat comment; every England fan knows we were second best to Germany for the entire 90 minutes but we also know that goals change games. the second half would have been a different game starting at 2 2. if you cant recognise that then you are completely blinkered.

the linesman was either biased towards Germany, under instruction from FIFA or incompetent. i would like to think it was the latter in which case he should be sacked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:34 am

What's the guarantee that England would have beaten Germany at 2-2? I'm not completely ruling it out but the odds were in Germany's side because they were and are the better team. And you came in the second half a goal down. If you had pushed some more you could have tied, but no, you give up even more goals. There were still 45 minutes left in the game, it wasn't over.

I just want to make sure that England fans aren't blaming the call on their World Cup chances. Because honestly, England wouldn't have won the World Cup had that goal even counted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:41 am

ahlycotc wrote:What's the guarantee that England would have beaten Germany at 2-2? I'm not completely ruling it out but the odds were in Germany's side because they were and are the better team. And you came in the second half a goal down. If you had pushed some more you could have tied, but no, you give up even more goals. There were still 45 minutes left in the game, it wasn't over.

I just want to make sure that England fans aren't blaming the call on their World Cup chances. Because honestly, England wouldn't have won the World Cup had that goal even counted.
    That's the whole fucking point, if it went 2-2 who knows what could have happened you mong. Neutral
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:54 am

If England had been given the goal then they could have either;

Successfully shifted momentum and gone on to win the game,
    or
    Germany would have been spurred on after losing their lead and gone on to score multiple goals in the second half.

So I'd say arguing about it is pretty redundant given that any opinion is pure speculation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:58 am

'orrible bastard wrote:

Neutral

that article lauds the Czech Rep. as the "best team in the tournament"!

would you agree with that too?

looks like i quoted you. but dont reply as you'll only disagree with me and i wont reply.

..........or will i?

Your fine to quote me on the Greece part.

I do agree, the Czechs were the 'best team of the tournament'. They were organized fantastically and played beautiful football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:34 am

ahlycotc wrote:What's the guarantee that England would have beaten Germany at 2-2? I'm not completely ruling it out but the odds were in Germany's side because they were and are the better team. And you came in the second half a goal down. If you had pushed some more you could have tied, but no, you give up even more goals. There were still 45 minutes left in the game, it wasn't over.

there is no guarantee we would have won. i believe that had we drawn level we would still have lost. we didnt deserve to win as previously stated but that one shocking decision had a huge impact on how the rest of the game was played out! England were shit and with the benefit of hindsight only the most irrational England fans would claim that we would have gone on to win the whole tournament. that said the linesman had a worst world cup than England. he is an incompetent prick!

i for one dont blame that decision forEngland not winning the World Cup, however i would say that decision gave Germany an unfair advantage in one round of knockout football!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:45 am

Why do all the foreigners assume we think we'd have won the World Cup? Stop putting words in our mouths.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:04 am

Dan wrote:Why do all the foreigners assume we think we'd have won the World Cup? Stop putting words in our mouths.

they do it all the fucking time. before the world cup almost all England fans would have made Spain & Brazil stand out favourites. with England in the next group with Germany, Italy, Holland, Portugal & Argentina.

what we are pointing out is England would have had a much better chance of beating Germany in the second round of the World Cup if Frank Lampards goal was allowed to stand! that is all. to suggest otherwise is ludicrous.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:10 am

At 2-2 I'd say the odds would have been slightly in our favour you tard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:13 am

Danny B wrote:

At 2-2 I'd say the odds would have been slightly in our favour you tard.

certainly more favourable than conceding a third early on because we were still chasing the game!
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:14 am

Exactly. Fuck the fact Germany are better than us. AC Milan were a better team than Liverpool, but they threw away the Champions League didn't they? Neutral

The foreigners on here don't have a clue what confidence does in this game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:22 am

Danny B wrote:Exactly. Fuck the fact Germany are better than us. AC Milan were a better team than Liverpool, but they threw away the Champions League didn't they? Neutral

The foreigners on here don't have a clue what confidence does in this game.

i can remember Hyppia scoring a totally undeserved winner against Wolves at Anfield a few years back. whos to say that at 2 2 England wouldnt have scored a late undeserved winner.

goals change matches.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:25 am

Exactly.

Have they taken that into account? Hell no Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:34 am

Danny B wrote:Exactly.

Have they taken that into account? Hell no Neutral

come to think of it united undeservedly beat Wolves twice this season already!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:11 pm