Chat Thread

    Share

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Ra's al Ghul on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:42 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

    Implying that's a bad thing.

    If you want the Labour party to win the election it's a fucking terrible thing.

    I couldn't care less, to be honest. Shifting public discourse to the left is all I'm hoping for from him. Upholding a system where you have to forego the interests of the working class in order to "represent" them isn't something that I'm remotely interested in. If he wins while maintaining his principles then good for him. If he doesn't then maybe he can encourage people to engage politically in a different way.

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Free_Mustache_Rides on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:31 am

    Hello Gentlemen, this is my twitter. Please use it to contact me if you ever need anything.

    https://twitter.com/KomanderKupcake
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:39 am

    Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

    If you want the Labour party to win the election it's a fucking terrible thing.

    I couldn't care less, to be honest. Shifting public discourse to the left is all I'm hoping for from him. Upholding a system where you have to forego the interests of the working class in order to "represent" them isn't something that I'm remotely interested in. If he wins while maintaining his principles then good for him. If he doesn't then maybe he can encourage people to engage politically in a different way.

    He won't shift the public discourse anywhere you commie fool, the public discourse acts of its own accord, it's not set by the party leaders. The popular discourse tends to align with where political leaders are because the parties are normally intelligent enough to elect someone broadly in line with what the public discourse is - public discourse is commonly known as "the centre".

    When a party is stupid enough to appoint someone the electorate doesn't agree with at all - like Labour did with Michael Foot and Ed Miliband - public discourse doesn't shift, their votes just plummet.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:22 pm

    Suggestions in this morning's media that David Cameron is a vile sex pervert who put his cock in a dead pig's head. Maybe there's hope for Corbyn after all.
    avatar
    Emma
     
     

    Posts : 2087
    Location : Flying with Emma Watson

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Emma on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:58 pm

    Well hello there.  yippee
    avatar
    Stranger
     
     

    Posts : 1156
    Age : 21
    Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Stranger on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:20 am

    Emma wrote:Well hello there.  yippee

    Bad breath
    avatar
    Emma
     
     

    Posts : 2087
    Location : Flying with Emma Watson

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Emma on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:46 am

    Stranger wrote:
    Emma wrote:Well hello there.  yippee

    Bad breath
    Ready for round 1?  Boxing
    avatar
    YukiAbe1996
     
     

    Posts : 1137
    Supports : Leicester City

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by YukiAbe1996 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:42 am

    Oh my it's alive
    avatar
    vel
     
     

    Posts : 899
    Location : DAT

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by vel on Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:16 pm

    sup
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:55 pm

    sup
    avatar
    Stranger
     
     

    Posts : 1156
    Age : 21
    Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Stranger on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:11 pm

    Admiral Ackbar
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:42 am

    Walter
    avatar
    El_indian
     
     

    Posts : 8448
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : funny

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by El_indian on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:48 pm

    Neymar looks 10 years older with his haircut.
    avatar
    Stranger
     
     

    Posts : 1156
    Age : 21
    Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Stranger on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:58 am

    @BasedStudge is basically Cleveland 2.0 imo.

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:58 pm

    Cleveland was one of a kind. Since he's stopped posting in RF I've grown a grudging respect for him.

    I really don't like that section anymore, I think we've discussed that's it's been pretty boring the majority of the time for a while now but moving to a new forum has killed it. Almost zero diversity in opinion and it's been the same users for about 2 maybe 3 years now. There is also very little opportunity to discuss football on even a semi-serious level.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:56 am

    Too few of the members have evolved into something better. I swear that we are stuck making the same jokes and using the same phrases from 2/3 years ago.  Jenko, PES, and Bob Loblaw and co have to realize that a joke gets less and less funny each time you say it.

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:15 am

    I don't really blame them that much, I'd probably be the same if that's when I started out. It's because we have no diversity in the user base. I remember when I started posting on RF the posters were pretty varied.

    I'm genuinely tired of the Chelsea thing. What should be an intensely satisfying thing in shitting on Chelsea now that they are finally doing badly has actually becoming boring because it's been run into the ground and the Chelsea fans are nonexistent so can't offer something that might help the debate evolve. I'm thinking of becoming a Chelsea on there because in the current environment it seems the best thing to be.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:57 pm

    They aren't really starting out, though.  PES is doing the same unfunny shtick that he's been pounding at for ages and the others just ape him.  I think I am being harsh by grouping Jenko with the other two, he does have a few redeeming qualities.

    Agreed.  I've always felt that joking should be directed towards something more powerful than yourself.  That's why the Chelsea thing was much more interesting when they were winning.  Also agree about Cleveland, I'm amazed by his restraint.
    avatar
    Stranger
     
     

    Posts : 1156
    Age : 21
    Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Stranger on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:24 pm

    Yeah I don't really post there anymore. Went to GD/Xbox because it's more active.

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:10 am

    Glen Miller wrote:They aren't really starting out, though.  PES is doing the same unfunny shtick that he's been pounding at for ages and the others just ape him.  I think I am being harsh by grouping Jenko with the other two, he does have a few redeeming qualities.

    Agreed.  I've always felt that joking should be directed towards something more powerful than yourself.  That's why the Chelsea thing was much more interesting when they were winning.  Also agree about Cleveland, I'm amazed by his restraint.

    I completely forgotten how long PES had been a member of RF. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but he was pretty good at getting under my skin early on. Then one day out of the blue he just stopped and start acting civil with me.

    I knew Jenko (Lord_Elmo) and Bob (Luke99993) from the old PS3 section. Elmo was a moderator so when he did post t was usually positive, helpful comments. I think he only really became a RF regular in 2013/14 since I remember arguing with him about how bad Giroud was. I never spoke to Luke much, I knew him a little through Ridikuluz late on in the PS3 section and I don't think he posted that much in RF until this move.

    Not sure how Cleveland has managed to shut off. He's still really sensitive since I recently made a comment about him drinking alcohol and he reported me to a mod. He'd liven up the Chelsea feud, it's true that you don't really appreciate someone until they are gone Crying or Very sad


    Stranger wrote:Yeah I don't really post there anymore. Went to GD/Xbox because it's more active.

    I've noticed you don't post in the chat thread that much. Any reason?
    avatar
    Stranger
     
     

    Posts : 1156
    Age : 21
    Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Stranger on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:45 am

    Because it's basically just iPro and Ash trying to be funny.

    PES started posting around Euro'12 I think. I thought he was a dupe of dragnul because he never posted in any of the ultimate team sections with the I_Betrayed_PES account.

    avatar
    vel
     
     

    Posts : 899
    Location : DAT

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by vel on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:04 am

    ever since i've been declining the section has been worse imo
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:21 am

    Stranger wrote:Because it's basically just iPro and Ash trying to be funny.

    PES started posting around Euro'12 I think. I thought he was a dupe of dragnul because he never posted in any of the ultimate team sections with the I_Betrayed_PES account.

    I actually think Ash is one of the few funny members on there, tbf fair.  He's a bit more original, less repetitive, less smug, and more self-deprecating at points.
    avatar
    vel
     
     

    Posts : 899
    Location : DAT

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by vel on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:11 pm

    do you guys think im funny
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:52 pm

    no
    avatar
    Stranger
     
     

    Posts : 1156
    Age : 21
    Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Stranger on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:20 am

    Is NGreat Cadbury from these forums?
    vel wrote:ever since i've been declining the section has been worse imo

    Nah, they've been going downhill ever since blinkblues and emilempenza left.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:04 am

    yes
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 am

    vel wrote:do you guys think im funny
    You are capable of being funny.
    avatar
    Stranger
     
     

    Posts : 1156
    Age : 21
    Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Stranger on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:23 am

    Glen Miller wrote:
    vel wrote:do you guys think im funny
    You are capable of being funny.

    When was the last time he posted something funny?
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:08 am

    When he called Scott a greedy jew.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:49 pm