Chat Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Theo Filippo
     
     

    Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi
    Posts : 21636
    Age : 23

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Theo Filippo on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:44 am

    He condoned and defended it though, I'm sure your criticism was still warranted at the time.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:47 am

    Theo Filippo wrote:He condoned and defended it though, I'm sure your criticism was still warranted at the time.
    Exactly.  I don't think that he was as guilty as The Maestro or Harrold, but he showed a complete disregard for people who had given him the time of day on this forum.  I wouldn't be bothered if he admitted that he was wrong, but his righteous indignation drives me up the wall.

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 am

    Glen, you were spot on with your question Laughing



    I refuse to believe anyone would wear those other than as a massive, massive joke.

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Free_Mustache_Rides on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:23 am

    The only two reasons I'd think someone would were those is if they were living in a dsytopian steampunk-ish society, or were going to a gay, leather themed event.

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:28 am

    rofl
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:31 am

    Who is that?
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:23 pm

    SBSP wrote:Who is that?
    KVA (or something like that) on the FIFA forums.  He is a moderator.  I can't believe people like him are in positions of power.  facepalm 

    I might occupy myself with that thread for the time being.  The mods protect it less than the Taylor Swift thread and there is way more material to work from.

    @Keyser:  Seriously.  He actually looks pretty normal, I don't know why he dresses like a lord of darkness.
    avatar
    The Zlatan
     
     

    Posts : 10347

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by The Zlatan on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:46 am

    I remember going back to the FIFA forums and seeing that Emma Watson obsessed 14 year old as a mod, that was a bit a scary.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:49 am

    Are you fucking joking?
    avatar
    The Zlatan
     
     

    Posts : 10347

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by The Zlatan on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:45 am

    No.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:41 am

    rofl
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Free_Mustache_Rides on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:56 am

    Glen Miller wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Who is that?
    KVA (or something like that) on the FIFA forums.  He is a moderator.  I can't believe people like him are in positions of power.  facepalm 

    I might occupy myself with that thread for the time being.  The mods protect it less than the Taylor Swift thread and there is way more material to work from.

    @Keyser:  Seriously.  He actually looks pretty normal, I don't know why he dresses like a lord of darkness.
    I'm still not over the fact that this forum had, Robin, James AND Scott as mods on this forum. It's almost makes me feel that the most problematic members at the time were chosen as mods on purpose.
    avatar
    Theo Filippo
     
     

    Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi
    Posts : 21636
    Age : 23

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Theo Filippo on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:01 am

    Only Robin was chosen as a moderator.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:05 am

    Was James really a mod?

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Free_Mustache_Rides on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:29 am

    Maybe James wasnt, that dude was so problematic he might have scarred me emotionally, and I'm just associating him with the "dark times."

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:37 am

    I was only a Mod when Mal basically abandoned the forum and gave it to Chris and Chris made me a mod for the bantz. Wasn't ever a serious thing. The forum was basically deader than it is now, at that point.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:19 am

    Robin elected as a mod. rofl One of the low points of this forum.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:31 am

    SBSP wrote:Robin elected as a mod. rofl One of the low points of this forum.
    Even lower than the inquest against Ahly?
    avatar
    Theo Filippo
     
     

    Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi
    Posts : 21636
    Age : 23

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Theo Filippo on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:57 am

    Ahly being a mod and derailing every thread was worse.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by SBSP on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:38 pm

    Glen Miller wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Robin elected as a mod. rofl One of the low points of this forum.
    Even lower than the inquest against Ahly?
    Wasn't the mod position open in the first place because of that?
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:38 pm

    That period was like our own Arab Spring - a period of unrest where there was a possibility for a new age of democracy to emerge, only for the opportunity to be seized by Islamic extremists who implemented dictatorship. Just as in the real world, morons in the populace cheered when the rightful ruler with the democratic mandate was victimised by the intolerant regime because of controversies he'd been involved in.
    avatar
    FCB
     
     

    Posts : 733
    Age : 27
    Location : Tampa, Florida, USA

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by FCB on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:58 pm

    After I was elected as Mod, you and your clique tried to instigate me to get me to leave my position or get me removed, just like what happened to Morsi in Egypt.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:33 am

    SBSP wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    Even lower than the inquest against Ahly?
    Wasn't the mod position open in the first place because of that?
    I don't know.  I don't think I was around at that point, or at the very least I wasn't a regular poster.
    avatar
    FCB
     
     

    Posts : 733
    Age : 27
    Location : Tampa, Florida, USA

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by FCB on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:45 am

    avatar
    Theo Filippo
     
     

    Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi
    Posts : 21636
    Age : 23

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Theo Filippo on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:51 am

    "I like Ahly, but I don't think so.

    To me a mod, has to know when to let things go, and I don't mean as in letting people bend the rules a bit but in a personal level, if someone has insulted or annoyed you in the past, a good mod should be able to let that incident go, and not let it influence how he treats that particular member in the future. At least that's what I think a good mod should be able to do. I'm not sure if Ahly can do that. He strikes me as the type to drag an argument out.

    It's why I think zzonked is an excellent mod, his serene mod style is a breath of fresh air."

    Smile
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:58 am

    Theo Filippo wrote:"I like Ahly, but I don't think so.

    To me a mod, has to know when to let things go, and I don't mean as in letting people bend the rules a bit but in a personal level, if someone has insulted or annoyed you in the past, a good mod should be able to let that incident go, and not let it influence how he treats that particular member in the future. At least that's what I think a good mod should be able to do. I'm not sure if Ahly can do that. He strikes me as the type to drag an argument out.

    It's why I think zzonked is an excellent mod, his serene mod style is a breath of fresh air."

    Smile
    Che is and always has been a top, top judge of character.
    avatar
    FCB
     
     

    Posts : 733
    Age : 27
    Location : Tampa, Florida, USA

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by FCB on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:38 am

    I actually agree with him. Back then, I wouldn't let an argument go.

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Free_Mustache_Rides on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:09 am

    You've grown so much since then. :')
    avatar
    Stranger
     
     

    Posts : 1156
    Age : 21
    Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Stranger on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:17 pm

    Robyn was a mod? Banter
    Glen Miller wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Who is that?
    KVA (or something like that) on the FIFA forums.  He is a moderator.  I can't believe people like him are in positions of power.  facepalm 

    I might occupy myself with that thread for the time being.  The mods protect it less than the Taylor Swift thread and there is way more material to work from.

    @Keyser:  Seriously.  He actually looks pretty normal, I don't know why he dresses like a lord of darkness.

    He says he's a minimalist but I'm not sure how.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Chat Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:51 pm