Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Zzonked
FCB
ResurrectionRooney
Sean
Scott_LFC
Keyser Söze
Jordi
Eternal Witcher
jeb4eva
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
SBSP
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dagbon
Scuba Steve
Theo Filippo
Yrael
Novi
vel
Grenade
27 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

SBSP
    SBSP

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:43 am

Ivanovic is the most overrated player in the league.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 am

Most over-rated player in the league, maybe, but he's still better than Clyne. That cunt can't even beat Farmer Jones to an spot in the England team. I don't rate Hodgson but the fact that any professional manager in world football would even consider playing Jones out of position above Clyne proves he's not all that.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:43 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Most over-rated player in the league, maybe, but he's still better than Clyne.  That cunt can't even beat Farmer Jones to an spot in the England team.  I don't rate Hodgson but the fact that any professional manager in world football would even consider playing Jones out of position above Clyne proves he's not all that.

Nah. Hodgson's just weird.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:46 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:
    Laughing  Ivanovic, Glen Johnson, Bellerin, Debuchy and Zabaleta alone are all streets ahead of him.

rofl facepalm
    rofl rofl Oh look, on his way to Liverpool so you're up his arse, no surprise.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:50 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

rofl facepalm
    rofl rofl Oh look, on his way to Liverpool so you're up his arse, no surprise.

Yeah, that's why I'm raving about Ings, Bogdan and Gomez facepalm

You're awful at this.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:53 am

Oh my mistake, you don't rate an ex Burnley forward, a back-up keeper and a young championship full-back so you can't be biased here at all. Laughing Typical Liverpool fan attitude.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:57 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Novi wrote:

So average they have more world class players than Liverpool...who have none.

It's not always about individual talents. It's about the team. We showed that last season.

It's a pretty shit argument, anyway. I'd rather have Sturridge (24) scoring 20+ open play goals than an ageing (31, ffs) RVP, who's injured half the season and only scoring around 12 goals, including penalties. If that means having 1 world class player less, so be it.

In fact:

I'd have Sturridge (24) over RVP (31), based on their respective forms over the last season and what I said above.

I'd have Balotelli (24) over Rooney (28), because I think Rooney is extremely overrated. Most United fans are saying he shouldn't even be starting.

I'd have Coutinho (22) over Mata (26), only due to the way we play, which is a bit too high-paced for Mata, and Mata doesn't suit our pressing game.

I'd have Sterling (19) over Di Maria (26), for this season at least, as we don't know how well Di Maria will take the the PL (See Ozil's underwhelming first season, even Keyser is pissed off with him), and we don't know just how good Sterling may become, plus he's settled here. 

Who else have they got that's "world class"? 

I'd take De Gea (23) over Mignolet (26). 

That's it.

(I have bracketed the ages, because I also really like how young our best players are, which means they're yet to even hit their peak).
    What a gem. rofl

#SoObsessedRight?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

It's not always about individual talents. It's about the team. We showed that last season.

It's a pretty shit argument, anyway. I'd rather have Sturridge (24) scoring 20+ open play goals than an ageing (31, ffs) RVP, who's injured half the season and only scoring around 12 goals, including penalties. If that means having 1 world class player less, so be it.

In fact:

I'd have Sturridge (24) over RVP (31), based on their respective forms over the last season and what I said above.

I'd have Balotelli (24) over Rooney (28), because I think Rooney is extremely overrated. Most United fans are saying he shouldn't even be starting.

I'd have Coutinho (22) over Mata (26), only due to the way we play, which is a bit too high-paced for Mata, and Mata doesn't suit our pressing game.

I'd have Sterling (19) over Di Maria (26), for this season at least, as we don't know how well Di Maria will take the the PL (See Ozil's underwhelming first season, even Keyser is pissed off with him), and we don't know just how good Sterling may become, plus he's settled here. 

Who else have they got that's "world class"? 

I'd take De Gea (23) over Mignolet (26). 

That's it.

(I have bracketed the ages, because I also really like how young our best players are, which means they're yet to even hit their peak).
    What a gem. rofl

#SoObsessedRight?

I stand by everything I said there. I'd still take Sturridge over RVP, Balotelli over Rooney, Coutinho over Mata, Sterling over Di Maria and De Gea over Mignolet.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:09 am

That's because they play for Liverpool.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:12 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Most over-rated player in the league, maybe, but he's still better than Clyne.  That cunt can't even beat Farmer Jones to an spot in the England team.  I don't rate Hodgson but the fact that any professional manager in world football would even consider playing Jones out of position above Clyne proves he's not all that.

Weird or not, he's been picking football teams for 20 or 30 years and he though that Jones, a very bad centre back who is as intelligent as he looks, was a better option at right back than Clyne. While I'd argue that Clyne is probably better the fact that Hodgson does that shows it's not clear cut.

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:
    What a gem. rofl

#SoObsessedRight?

I stand by everything I said there. I'd still take Sturridge over RVP, Balotelli over Rooney, Coutinho over Mata, Sterling over Di Maria and De Gea over Mignolet.

Sturridge over RVP? Maybe he can beat him at FIFA when they're both in the hospital.
    Balotelli over Rooney - Christ.
    Coutinho over Mata - Ridiculous
    Sterling over Di Maria - Even more ridiculous. Di Maria hardly started a match for much of last season and still created a lot more than this overhyped little scumbag
    De Gea over Mignolet - But both behind Bodgan, right?

Amazing how we finished 8 points ahead of you and slapped you around home and away with such inferior players.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:13 am

Theo Filippo wrote:That's because they play for Liverpool.

Not really.

I'd have Aguero over Sturridge

Costa over Balotelli

Sanchez over Coutinho

Hazard over Sterling

De Gea isn't a Liverpool player.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:16 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Weird or not, he's been picking football teams for 20 or 30 years and he though that Jones, a very bad centre back who is as intelligent as he looks, was a better option at right back than Clyne.  While I'd argue that Clyne is probably better the fact that Hodgson does that shows it's not clear cut.

Scott_LFC wrote:

Sturridge over RVP?  Maybe he can beat him at FIFA when they're both in the hospital.
    Sterling over Di Maria - Even more ridiculous.  Di Maria hardly started a match for much of last season and still created a lot more than this overhyped little scumbag

Amazing how we finished 8 points ahead of you and slapped you around home and away with such inferior players.
    "It's not always about individual talents. It's about the team. We showed that last season."
    Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:That's because they play for Liverpool.

Not really.

Costa over Balotelli

Sanchez over Coutinho

Hazard over Sterling

But you'd have Balotelli over Rooney on the basis that a few United fans wanted Rooney dropped. Laughing 

Ah you'd have De Gea over Mignolet, can't be biased at all then.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:20 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

Weird or not, he's been picking football teams for 20 or 30 years and he though that Jones, a very bad centre back who is as intelligent as he looks, was a better option at right back than Clyne.  While I'd argue that Clyne is probably better the fact that Hodgson does that shows it's not clear cut.

Scott_LFC wrote:

Sturridge over RVP?  Maybe he can beat him at FIFA when they're both in the hospital.
    Sterling over Di Maria - Even more ridiculous.  Di Maria hardly started a match for much of last season and still created a lot more than this overhyped little scumbag

Hodgson signed Konchesky and started Poulsen ahead of better players.

8 points is less than 3 wins difference. That's nothing. We played the majority of the season without a striker because 1. Sturridge had a freakishly bad season injury-wise and 2. Rodgers wouldn't give Balotelli games. Whilst there's no guarantee, I'd still be willing to bet my entire life savings that if we had Sturridge available or didn't turn away Remy (Or actually fucking played Balotelli consistently), we'd have finished above you.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:24 am

Theo Filippo wrote:

"It's not always about individual talents. It's about the team. We showed that last season."
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Not really.

Costa over Balotelli

Sanchez over Coutinho

Hazard over Sterling

But you'd have Balotelli over Rooney on the basis that a few United fans wanted Rooney dropped. Laughing 

Can't always be right. You guys thought Giroud would score 20 in the League the season before the last. He didn't. (He failed to do so again last season, despite the service of a more accustomed Ozil and Sanchez). You also thought you'd finish ahead of us the season before last (you were so confident, that you put £1250 on it) and we wiped the floor with you.

Ah, just ignoring the list of players I'd take over the Liverpool players listed because it doesn't suit your narrative? Cool.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:28 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:

Can't always be right. You guys thought Giroud would score 20 in the League the season before the last. He didn't. (He failed to do so again last season, despite the service of a more accustomed Ozil and Sanchez). You also thought you'd finish ahead of us the season before last (you were so confident, that you put £1250 on it) and we wiped the floor with you.

Ah, just ignoring the list of players I'd take over the Liverpool players listed because it doesn't suit your narrative? Cool.

Wiped the floor with them? You finished 5 points ahead of them. That's less than two wins difference. That's nothing.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:31 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

Wiped the floor with them?  You finished 5 points ahead of them.  That's less than two wins difference.  That's nothing.  

Good one. Shame I was actually referring to this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25994878
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:51 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:

It's fine he got like 22 overall, he scored goals in a competition Liverpool have only qualified for once in the last five years. Congratulations, you got lucky, variance happens. 

No, it was a moronic point. Your stupid logic (The Liverpool fan attitude I've referred to previously) suggests that if you concede a player is better than a Liverpool player (Such as Aguero>Sturridge) it means that you can't be biased at all which is why you always think you're making a good point when you bring up Ings as a reason to why you can't be biased regarding someone such as Clyne or Milner joining Liverpool for example.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:26 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

It's fine he got like 22 overall, he scored goals in a competition Liverpool have only qualified for once in the last five years. Congratulations, you got lucky, variance happens. 

No, it was a moronic point. Your stupid logic (The Liverpool fan attitude I've referred to previously) suggests that if you concede a player is better than a Liverpool player (Such as Aguero>Sturridge) it means that you can't be biased at all which is why you always think you're making a good point when you bring up Ings as a reason to why you can't be biased regarding someone such as Clyne or Milner joining Liverpool for example.

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 26 Giphy
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:28 am

Seems like that time of year where we start making combined XIs.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:47 pm

my world XI

malouda - adriano - messi
    ------------- rivaldo ---------
    ------ noble ------ jedinak -
    barzagli ---- TS ---- samba
    --------- handanovic --------
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:53 pm

That's only 10 players
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Doesn't matter, it was clearly stated by several of you that you were talking about 20 goals in the League only.

Lmao, when I'm wrong it's moronic, when you're wrong it's down to variance rofl How convenient. Doesn't work like that, I'm afraid.

I've never said I wasn't biased. Of course I am. You're biased too. I was merely making the point that just because I've gotten behind the signing of Clyne, that doesn't mean I'm "up his arse".

By your logic, I'd start bumming every single player who came here, but as I've already said, my disgust at Ings proves your logic to be flawed.

You then idiotically claimed that I was only taking Sturridge, Balotelli, Coutinho and Sterling over those United players because they're Liverpool players, yet the fact I picked De Gea over Mignolet shits on that simpleton claim too.

I then went a step further and listed other players I'd have over that Liverpool quadrant, you know, just to hammer it home to you, but your stunted brain clearly can't comprehend it.

If required, I could list many players I'd have ahead of that Liverpool quadrant.

But wait, they're Liverpool players.. Oh no, that must mean they're irreplaceable in my biased eyes.

As for the bit I've bolded, funny dig, but at least I've seen us win it Smile You probably never will Laughing
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:34 pm

SBSP wrote:That's only 10 players
    my dream xi only contains 10 players you fucking inbred mongoloid jewish faggot bastard
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:By the end of this season I guarantee that Sturridge will win the Golden Boot.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:42 pm

vel wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:By the end of this season I guarantee that Sturridge will win the Golden Boot.

Rolling Eyes

Link? Smile
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:12 pm

I'll bet you $195 that you made that post
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Rolling Eyes

Even if it was real, Sturridge would probably have won it if he didn't have a freak season injury-wise.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:50 pm

rofl
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:

Doesn't matter, it was clearly stated by several of you that you were talking about 20 goals in the League only.

Lmao, when I'm wrong it's moronic, when you're wrong it's down to variance rofl How convenient. Doesn't work like that, I'm afraid.

I've never said I wasn't biased. Of course I am. You're biased too. I was merely making the point that just because I've gotten behind the signing of Clyne, that doesn't mean I'm "up his arse".

By your logic, I'd start bumming every single player who came here, but as I've already said, my disgust at Ings proves your logic to be flawed.

You then idiotically claimed that I was only taking Sturridge, Balotelli, Coutinho and Sterling over those United players because they're Liverpool players, yet the fact I picked De Gea over Mignolet shits on that simpleton claim too.

I then went a step further and listed other players I'd have over that Liverpool quadrant, you know, just to hammer it home to you, but your stunted brain clearly can't comprehend it.

If required, I could list many players I'd have ahead of that Liverpool quadrant.

But wait, they're Liverpool players.. Oh no, that must mean they're irreplaceable in my biased eyes.

As for the bit I've bolded, funny dig, but at least I've seen us win it Smile You probably never will Laughing
    Maybe so, but the fact that Giroud got 22 overall without stat-padding like Suarez did for Liverpool shows that a) it wasn't a laughable prediction and b) your only ammo against me is a technicality rofl 

History shows that Liverpool's fluke second-place finish that year was a result of variance, which is why you'll come second then spend the next 5 years in 6-7th place. I don't think I need to elaborate on this much more, I mock your opinions, not your predictions. 

You were up Milner's arse as soon as he joined and got all defensive about it. Laughing Your magic "recall" of an amazing performance he put in against Liverpool a few years ago was evidence of you crawling up his arse, Debuchy worse than Clyne was my favourite though. rofl  

Again, this is the point that somebody with a 2:2 in advertising doesn't seem to understand the point I made is that not being behind the signing of Ings doesn't disprove your favouritism to Liverpool players joining, you literally think that you have to bum every player that joins Liverpool to justify my logic. 

rofl Again, this is such a stupid point but such a common one among Liverpool fans, the fact that you conceded that a player is better than a Liverpool player does not mean you're being equally "unbiased" in other player comparisons involving Liverpool players. By your ridiculous logic Sanchez is a better player than Suarez because I admit that Messi is better than Sanchez. You only hammered home that you're a moron, you're expecting me to think that you're not biased because you aren't admitting that Liverpool players aren't the best in their position rofl by somehow saying Costa is better than Balotelli that somehow makes you immune to bias when it comes to comparing Balotelli to Rooney. 

Scott_LFC wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Link? Smile
    The irony of you saying that you'd rather Sturridge over RvP because he's injured for half of the season then Sturridge barely makes 10 appearances. rofl
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:10 am

Scott_LFC wrote:You then idiotically claimed that I was only taking Sturridge, Balotelli, Coutinho and Sterling over those United players because they're Liverpool players, yet the fact I picked De Gea over Mignolet shits on that simpleton claim too.

Nobody in their right mind would choose Mignolet over De Gea though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:48 am