Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Sean
El_indian
Stranger
samiz
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Theo Filippo
Mal
Eternal Witcher
dena
vel
Scuba Steve
Vela
Eriksen
Dagbon
Novi
Mason
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Scouser_Dave
Grenade
28 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Liverpool FC Official Thread Empty Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:36 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

You haven't though, you've missed that by some margin.  Let's take your figures and pretend that they haven't been spun and that they're completely accurate.  Looking purely at the £ value, £75m today is worth less than £64m in 2009 money thanks to inflation, so that's a £26m deficit already.  If you think a £75m sale in 2014 is the same sort money as an £86m transfer in 2013 or an £80m transfer in 2009 then you're delusional.
    Have you read Pay As You Play? If you have then you probably already know inflation within football is actually much greater than in general life.

No, I'm aware of it and the subject does interest me but I find Tomkins such an insufferable cunt that I can't bring myself to read anything he's written. I do share the belief that inflation in football is greater than in real life, but I didn't want to posit it as I don't have any figures to back that up and I was trying to be conservative.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Liverpool FC Official Thread Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:17 am

Glen Miller wrote:I don't really follow the last point, I'm a bit confused.  If spending a lot is good for his election prospects, wouldn't he want the figure released to be as high as possible? If that is the case, it must be less than 63, even.
    I'd say £75m is as high as they could go without massively stretching credibility.
    Ah, I was assuming that Barcelona would claim it would be 63 million when I read your post.

I definitely think that the price is lower than 75m, but I don't really find your claims about the president/election credible.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    I'd say £75m is as high as they could go without massively stretching credibility.
    Ah, I was assuming that Barcelona would claim it would be 63 million when I read your post.

I definitely think that the price is lower than 75m, but I don't really find your claims about the president/election credible.

Liverpool want to exaggerate the transfer fee so they leak to the BBC that it is £75m when in fact it's closer to £60m because of Suarez's behaviour and ban. Barcelona don't contradict them because they don't want to have a bad relationship with Liverpool and it's good for their PR to shoe they're big hitters in the transfer market. What's incredible about that?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 am

Glen Miller wrote:

Liverpool want to exaggerate the transfer fee so they leak to the BBC that it is £75m when in fact it's closer to £60m because of Suarez's behaviour and ban.  Barcelona don't contradict them because they don't want to have a bad relationship with Liverpool and it's good for their PR to shoe they're big hitters in the transfer market.  What's incredible about that?
    The Liverpool end of it makes perfect sense, especially with people like Ian Ayre trying to save face.  On the Barcelona side, I think that buying Suarez, universally recognized as one of the top 5, maybe top 3 players in the world, in and of itself indicates that they are big hitters, and lying about the fee and claiming to have spent 10-15m extra represents a large risk, especially if Suarez underwhelms or fails to make an instant impact (given he is banned until November, maybe even from training, it is a strong possibility).
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:37 am

Glen Miller wrote:

Liverpool want to exaggerate the transfer fee so they leak to the BBC that it is £75m when in fact it's closer to £60m because of Suarez's behaviour and ban.  Barcelona don't contradict them because they don't want to have a bad relationship with Liverpool and it's good for their PR to shoe they're big hitters in the transfer market.  What's incredible about that?
    The Liverpool end of it makes perfect sense, especially with people like Ian Ayre trying to save face.  On the Barcelona side, I think that buying Suarez, universally recognized as one of the top 5, maybe top 3 players in the world, in and of itself indicates that they are big hitters, and lying about the fee and claiming to have spent 10-15m extra represents a large risk, especially if Suarez underwhelms or fails to make an instant impact (given he is banned until November, maybe even from training, it is a strong possibility).

There's a world of difference between lying about it and not contradicting what Liverpool sources say to the press.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 am

Must be a conspiracy.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 am

Wouldn't Barca want to tell their fans that they've spent big on a player because their fans have been asking for a big Madrid kind of signing like Bale/Ronaldo.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Have you read Pay As You Play? If you have then you probably already know inflation within football is actually much greater than in general life.

No, I'm aware of it and the subject does interest me but I find Tomkins such an insufferable cunt that I can't bring myself to read anything he's written.  I do share the belief that inflation in football is greater than in real life, but I didn't want to posit it as I don't have any figures to back that up and I was trying to be conservative.
    His wikipedia pages says he's suffered from "Chronic fatigue syndrome" since 1999  rofl What the fuck is that?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:

No, I'm aware of it and the subject does interest me but I find Tomkins such an insufferable cunt that I can't bring myself to read anything he's written.  I do share the belief that inflation in football is greater than in real life, but I didn't want to posit it as I don't have any figures to back that up and I was trying to be conservative.
    His wikipedia pages says he's suffered from "Chronic fatigue syndrome" since 1999  rofl What the fuck is that?
    Hibbies claimed to suffer from the same disease, I believe.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:48 pm

It's a made up disease used as an excuse for being lazy.

It's no wonder he has time to write reams of unmitigated shite like this. Why Liverpool nearly won the League using a Pascal's triangle and a 3,000+ word conversation that never happened.

Liverpool FC Official Thread Joe-P-1-e1403865425260
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 pm

"When I do get to a game, it can take a number of days to fully recover. It means that I cannot hold down a regular job, and therefore have to look for alternative ways to generate an income; this means that I require people to support my ventures, such as writing books or developing this website"

Oh my  rofl 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Being a bit harsh. What if it's true? You don't know.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:31 pm

If it's true then we've just made some unfair and unkind comments on the internet.

Liverpool FC Official Thread Tumblr_lq82cjyiYC1qev5mq
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:13 pm

If you genuinely have a problem with him, tweet him or something. Bitching about him on an unknown forum that he doesn't even know of is a bit pathetic, fucking lol at you.

Small minds discuss people, and all that.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Why would I do that? I don't want to upset the man, I just don't like him and think he writes total shit. If he wants to lie in bed all day on his laptop writing shit about triangles and studying transfer inflation then he has every right to do that.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:10 am

Lazar Markovic is having a medical tomorrow. Should sign before the end of the week apparently.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:41 am

Glad the PFA cleared that up
    Liverpool FC Official Thread RUlaCTX
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28163286
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:15 am

They discussed his right to play virtual football on a game console. rofl
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:02 am

Glen Miller wrote:They discussed his right to play virtual football on a game console. rofl
    "Play football with his children"

Instructions unclear. Can he play football with other children?
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Origi was at Melwood yesterday for his medical.

Liverpool FC Official Thread Article-2686463-1F84848D00000578-456_634x701

Markovic is having his medical today apparently.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:21 am

brb liverpool will be able to sign "cl quality players"
    brb liverpool have better pulling power than arsenal
    brb let suarez go to barca because they want sanchez
    brb liverpool continuously beg sanchez to join
    brb joins arsenal
    brb

rofl 
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:25 am

brb
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:30 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

You actually believe this?

So?  rofl They are no better than Lambert.

Who are Arsenal linked with? Not hearing anything Smile Not going to replace Giroud? Brilliant.

Scott_LFC wrote:Apparently we're after a Barcelona player, but not Fabregas.

Rumblings of Pedro or Sanchez.

Would love either one.

Scott_LFC wrote:Barrett: LFC have been made aware of Fabregas’ availability but prefer Alexis Sanchez.

Southampton not budging on their £30 million valuation of Lallana, so we're looking elsewhere now, apparently. Sanchez and Shaqiri.

samiz wrote:Di Marzio has confirmed our strong interest in Sanchez

Scott_LFC wrote:yfw picture of Lallana, Shaqiri and Sanchez all holding same LFC flag.

Scouser_Dave wrote:No less than 80M for Suarez 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/luis-suarez-transfer-news-liverpool-will-not-allow-uruguay-striker-to-join-barcelona-for-less-than-80m-9569146.html

Reckon Barca will offer a player plus £50M though. Don't want him to leave but Sanchez plus a considerable amount of cash would certainly soften the blow.

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:rofl

Yeah yeah, delusional spastic.

Sorry forgot that Arsenal are an untouchable force now that they have won the FA Cup Laughing

Scott_LFC wrote:What would your line up be if we were to acquire Sanchez?

I am struggling to settle on one. The purchase of Lallana has added to the headache, also.

Maybe this:

Sterling - Sturridge - Sanchez
    Coutinho - Lallana
    Henderson

Probably too attacking. Gerrard can gfto too, I hope Can somehow ends up being so beastly that he replaces Gerrard Rolling Eyes

Scott_LFC wrote:Mine, based on who we've signed so far, and the hypothetical inclusion of Sanchez.

Sterling - Sturridge - Sanchez
    Lallana - Henderson
    Can
    Enrique - Sakho - Skrtel - Johnson
    Mignolet

Subs: Lambert, Borini, Coutinho, Allen, Gerrard, Agger, Flanagan.

I don't care that I've never seen Can play properly. I just can't be doing with Gerrard anymore. Cba.

rofl 
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:40 am

We've helped fund Barcelona to sign Suarez. You're welcome.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:47 am

I don't see how any of them are funny? No one said we were definitely signing Sanchez.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:58 am

You do have to wonder what possessed Sanchez to join a stagnating side like Arsenal instead of a team that's so clearly on the up like Liverpool. Must have been the London factor, I can't think of anything else. At least you guys are signing proven Champions League level players. It's also nice to see Rodgers address your defensive problems so sharply as well.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:You do have to wonder what possessed Sanchez to join a stagnating side like Arsenal instead of a team that's so clearly on the up like Liverpool. Must have been the London factor, I can't think of anything else. At least you guys are signing proven Champions League level players. It's also nice to see Rodgers address your defensive problems so sharply as well.

rofl
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:13 am

Scott_LFC wrote:I don't see how any of them are funny? No one said we were definitely signing Sanchez.
    You are devastated  rofl All that nonsense about Liverpool having a better pulling power and how you being "linked" with players and us not somehow meant something lol

Scott_LFC wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/01/liverpool-barcelona-luis-suarez-alexis-sanchez

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10939185/Luis-Suarez-negotiations-between-Barcelona-and-Liverpool-begin-with-Alexis-Sanchez-a-key-factor.html

pray
     there there 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:24 am

I think you got the wrong idea Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:30 am

Get over yourselves, Gunners. The transfer window is nowhere near over, and Rodgers has already let off a few firecrackers in the market. I think it's only a matter of time before we start seeing "next level signings" come flocking through the Melwood gates, led by Ryan Bertrand and hopefully Steven Caulker.

Last edited by Glen Miller on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 pm