Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Zzonked
FCB
ResurrectionRooney
Sean
Scott_LFC
Keyser Söze
Jordi
Eternal Witcher
jeb4eva
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
SBSP
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dagbon
Scuba Steve
Theo Filippo
Yrael
Novi
vel
Grenade
27 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Glen Miller Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:29 pm

I agree.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2991483/Daniel-Sturridge-cooks-special-meal-Liverpool-star-prepares-Mother-s-Day.html

not worthy I think it is clear that in order to be a Studge, you also have to love your mother.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:40 am

Sturridge has been poor lately, why is this?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:35 am

Sean wrote:Sturridge has been poor lately, why is this?

Rusty after a very long injury. Appears to be forcing it, which has made him a bit selfish in some situations.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:15 am

Sean wrote:Sturridge has been poor lately, why is this?

Regression to the mean.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:07 am

That's probably true.  On his day, he might be the best player in the league, but it's so hard to choose between him, Falcao, Mata, and Di Maria.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:24 am

Glen Miller wrote:That's probably true.  On his day, he might be the best player in the league, but it's so hard to choose between him, Falcao, Mata, and Di Maria.

Falcao's scored more in the League than Sturridge this season, and if you want to use injuries as an excuse Falcao's had a couple too, he's just played through them.

As far as the BPL's best player is concerned, I stand by two of those.  I still see Mata as the best No. 10 in the world - this may be bias as I find myself getting stimulated whenever he touches the ball - that's what I think though, not everyone accepts that as fact.  Di Maria's the only Premier League player who has a legitimate, recognised claim to be the best in the world in his position being a member of the World XI, that is a fact.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:30 am

Yeah, the previous post is just what I think as well, not everybody takes it as fact and I respect your opinion.  When Sturridge scores I get excited and I just don't get that watching anyone else, so I think he might even be the best player in the world as well.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:54 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:That's probably true.  On his day, he might be the best player in the league, but it's so hard to choose between him, Falcao, Mata, and Di Maria.

Falcao's scored more in the League than Sturridge this season, and if you want to use injuries as an excuse Falcao's had a couple too, he's just played through them.

As far as the BPL's best player is concerned, I stand by two of those.  I still see Mata as the best No. 10 in the world - this may be bias as I find myself getting stimulated whenever he touches the ball - that's what I think though, not everyone accepts that as fact.  Di Maria's the only Premier League player who has a legitimate, recognised claim to be the best in the world in his position being a member of the World XI, that is a fact.

If the Hall of Shame was still a thing then this would go straight into it.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:55 am

Glen Miller wrote:Yeah, the previous post is just what I think as well, not everybody takes it as fact and I respect your opinion.  When Sturridge scores I get excited and I just don't get that watching anyone else, so I think he might even be the best player in the world as well.

Why? It's a pretty spastic opinion.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:41 am

Stupid alcoholic

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-vs-man-5371271
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:38 am

Filthy Eastern European skinhead to be charged by the FA for stamping according to the BBC. It was extremely unedifying to see Liverpool's players throwing their toys out of the pram as we hammered them for the third time under Van Gaal.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:18 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Stupid alcoholic

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-vs-man-5371271
    He wasn't exactly the only one to predict a Liverpool victory.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:27 am

Nice to see all of the ex Liverpool pundits sticking up for Gerrard and saying little about Skrtle compared to the huge backlash against Diego Costa for lesser crimes.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:32 am

Sean wrote:Nice to see all of the ex Liverpool pundits sticking up for Gerrard and saying little about Skrtle compared to the huge backlash against Diego Costa for lesser crimes.

Lesser crimes? His were stamps too Laughing
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:39 am

Alleged stamps where he jumped to avoid a collision and landed on a player. The two from Liverpool players were obvious stamps with no room for interpretation.

Of course no one would dare say anything against Liverpool

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 18 11065910
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:45 am

Does anyone expect Owen to be unbiased? Laughing Skrtel has always been a thug. Surprised it's taken this long for people to realise.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:52 am

You're allowed to do anything if you're a Liverpool player against United and you won't be criticised for it.  Vicious potentially leg breaking tackles, pulling hair, racism, attempted murder, doesn't matter.  They're offended by everything and ashamed of nothing.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:57 am

Skrtel's stamp was probably closest to Costa's second stamp, with Costa's first being the more heinous of the two.  I suspect the difference in media reaction is because

A.  The incident occurred very late on and couldn't affect the outcome
    B.  The culprit's team lost anyway
    C.  Liverpool isn't a dominant force like Chelsea

It's obviously not right, but they exist to sell papers and as such tend not to be moral fair. The outrage of Chelsea fans is pretty amusing, though. Costa's a turd of a human being & Skrtel is a thug.  Get over it, your horrible club is going to win the title and you don't care, apparently, so stop whining.

Also, Rodgers put his foot in his mouth by saying that Skrtel was going for the ball, though.  He should have either condemned it or just feigned ignorance.

Obviously the reaction to Gerrard's antics is disgusting, but it's hardly unexpected. I've seen people blame Herrera while some prominent pundits have said that Rodgers is responsible because this game had Gerrard's name "written all over it" and he had the right to teach the manager a lesson for not picking him and allowing him to bring that "desire" from the start.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:02 am

Teach him a lesson rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:17 am

Why has Gerrard apologised to everyone at Liverpool but not Herrera?  Why hasn't Skrtel apologised either for that matter?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:22 am

Because Gerrard is evil and Skrtel is dumb and evil.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:54 am

They'll apologise in person like humans.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Maybe they are waiting for Jonny Evans to apologise to their fellow professional Cisse. Rolling Eyes  Or maybe for the Manchester United fans to apologise for saying that Park Ji Sung eats dogs back in 2006. Rolling Eyes  Then again maybe you should learn to understand, or that sometimes its not meant for retards and thats why you have never understood.

Besides, we are Liverpool Football Club and we do what we want as long as our expectations are modest.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:28 pm

That line still gets me. rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:50 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 18 Promo251376458
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:57 am

2/10 would not suspend
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:18 am

Football studs can't melt steel beams.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:01 am

SBSP wrote:Football studs can't melt steel beams.

rofl
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:08 am

SBSP wrote:Football studs can't melt steel beams.
    i see what you did t
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:20 am

rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 pm