Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Zzonked
FCB
ResurrectionRooney
Sean
Scott_LFC
Keyser Söze
Jordi
Eternal Witcher
jeb4eva
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
SBSP
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dagbon
Scuba Steve
Theo Filippo
Yrael
Novi
vel
Grenade
27 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:49 am

Glen Miller wrote:Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 Ed617b02d2553243fc71c0f7546dd90d

I saw that tweet earlier, pretty funny.  You're right for sure. Hodgson signed him after an exhausting back-and-forth battle with Daniel Coyne for the coveted starting position for Middlesbrough in the Championship.  Goodness only knows what happened to the Victor Valdes deal.  Or why we didn't go for Diego Lopez on a free in the summer.  Or why we even let Pepe Reina go, I seriously doubt he would be any worse.

Far be it from me to defend Brendan Rodgers, but I'm not sure Valdes is even fit yet. I know he's training with us as at the moment and according to my sources he's under the impression he'll be replacing David De Gea when the latter goes to Real Madrid, in that context I don't think you can really blame him for opting for United, nor Rodgers for not being able to convince him otherwise.  Lopez is someone I never say that much of but Reina was gash for about 3 or 4 years pre-Mignolet and earning the wage of a world class goalkeeper.  It made sense to get rid of him.

That said, dropping your poor goalkeeper to replace him with the guy who is so bad he was actually behind him in the pecking order is an obviously terrible idea. Stick with your 4/10 goalkeeper until January then buy someone better, don't put a 1/10 donkey in goal.  Glad to see Hodgson's still having an impact there nearly 4 years after leaving.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:58 am

I agree about Reina. I thought twas a good move when we let him go. Sure we could do with him now though.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:48 pm

There's no doubt Reina was heavily in decline, but he did okay at Napoli and we spent a lot of money on Mignolet.  I have no idea who the new goalkeeper should be, but I don't think we'll see one until the end of the season.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:56 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 David-Squires-002
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:58 am

lame
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Ballotelli seems to be getting some of the blame again  Rolling Eyes

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play with Sturridge.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:37 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 David-Squires-002

rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 am

Another disaster for Bad Jones. Do you think Rodgers just forgot how bad he is?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 am

The shot was hit with pace, albeit straight at him.  You can't really expect him to save a shot with at least one of the qualities of power or accuracy.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:55 am

Drawn against Chelsea, season over.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 am

We're back.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:54 pm

It amazes me how much the media have turned on Liverpool after last season's constant dick riding. Jason Burt is in the Telegraph today saying they have a small club mentality because they didn't buy Alexis Sanchez.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:50 am

I had a dream where Glen Johnson kept trying to break people's legs.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:33 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It amazes me how much the media have turned on Liverpool after last season's constant dick riding.  Jason Burt is in the Telegraph today saying they have a small club mentality because they didn't buy Alexis Sanchez.

Does it really?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:21 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It amazes me how much the media have turned on Liverpool after last season's constant dick riding.  Jason Burt is in the Telegraph today saying they have a small club mentality because they didn't buy Alexis Sanchez.

Does it really?
    Yes, they're not normally this brutal.

Balotelli banned for one game for posting a racist picture.  Seems a bit harsh considering Rio Ferdinand actually racially absued someone and didn't get a ban.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:44 am

It's because Balotelli is real black and stuff
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:05 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 B5_St_Mf_YCMAA5_CWl_jpg_large

Best player under the age of 21 for the past year, well deserved, what a player, what a young talent, what a superstar. Smile
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:42 am

He was easily the best U21 player. Shame he hasn't been anywhere near as good this season.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:31 am

IResurrectionRooney wrote:Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 11 David-Squires-002
    I love this
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:42 am

Keyser Söze wrote:He was easily the best U21 player. Shame he hasn't been anywhere near as good this season.
    I think that this new position might help him rediscover a bit of form, he's been thrown out on the wing too often this season.  He's our best player in the absence of Sturridge, we need him involved and through the middle.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Sturridge has been out so long that it feels like he doesn't even play for us anymore.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:12 pm

is it under 21 as in "20 and under", or "21 and under". because if it's the latter, Verratti should have won it
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Wikipedia informs me that "all nominees must be under the age of 21 and play in a European nation's top tier."  I am guessing that means that they may not turn 21 during that calendar year-none of the random sample of 7 nominees I googled were above 20 years old.

Verratti is an ancient 22 years old.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:00 pm

new haircut - 2 goals. I'm excited to see how this progresses.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:51 pm

El_indian wrote:new haircut - 2 goals. I'm excited to see how this progresses.

Hat-trick against Arsenal.

Shame we'll lose 6-3.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:53 pm

6-3? No way it'll be that high scoring. We're both more conscious of not losing than we are of winning.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:51 am

“I know how it goes,” he said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. Absolutely useless.

I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something. Not that I might have been awake into the early hours of the morning thinking of a solution to our problem.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:51 am

Balotelli is so shit Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:“I know how it goes,” he said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. Absolutely useless.

I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something. Not that I might have been awake into the early hours of the morning thinking of a solution to our problem.
    Rodgers' problem solving. not worthy  The reds are back, roll on next calendar year.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:57 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Balotelli is so shit Laughing
    I hate reading too much into things, but the way he jogged onto the field bothered me.  I think he might be arrogant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 pm