Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Zzonked
FCB
ResurrectionRooney
Sean
Scott_LFC
Keyser Söze
Jordi
Eternal Witcher
jeb4eva
Ra's al Ghul
The Zlatan
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
SBSP
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dagbon
Scuba Steve
Theo Filippo
Yrael
Novi
vel
Grenade
27 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:10 am

You should write out a manuscript of what you're going to say.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:28 am

Benitez, Klopp or Rodgers?
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:11 am

I say give keep Rodgers on. He won't have to deal with this Gerrard issue next season.

Would love Klopp though.

edit: I'll take Klopp.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:47 am

Benitez is by far the best manager out of those three.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:59 pm

I'd like Klopp but I don't think he'd want to manage Liverpool. Hell, Benitez would be great just so we wouldn't be the worst team in European competition anymore.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:09 am

Liverpool are now paying Jordan Henderson £100,000 a week rofl

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:58 am

Jimmy Milner to come in on similar figures.  I remember doubting RR when he said that we hadn't learned from Kenneth's mistakes, sorry about that.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 02, 2015 9:08 am

Glen Miller wrote:Jimmy Milner to come in on similar figures.  I remember doubting RR when he said that we hadn't learned from Kenneth's mistakes, sorry about that.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun May 03, 2015 5:43 am

Gerrard the savior.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun May 03, 2015 8:04 am

Does Man United losing their last 3 games make Liverpool's form hurt more or less?
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon May 04, 2015 10:50 pm

http://streamable.com/u1vd

need sound
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed May 06, 2015 5:02 am

Zzonked wrote:Does Man United losing their last 3 games make Liverpool's form hurt more or less?
    Yes, although our form has probably taken the pressure off of them as well.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun May 17, 2015 7:01 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Lambert, Borini, Johnson, Toure and Lovren can gtfo this summer. 

Replace Toure with Ilori and replace Lovren with a new CB who's capable of competing with Sakho for a first team spot.  

Origi will be the Lambert/Borini replacement.

Manquillo or Flanagan can replace Johnson, if not, then buy a better RB.

Ibe will be like a new signing. Same goes for Enrique.

Keep hold of Balotelli for one more season, at least.

Ideally purchase a better GK, but Mignolet has been pretty special in 2015, to be fair to him. 

Definitely keep hold of Markovic. Still think he's going to end up being a great signing.

Buy a new CM, like Pjanic 

ST: Sturridge, Balotelli, Origi
    AM: Sterling, Ibe, Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana
    CM: Henderson, Pjanic, Can, Lucas, Allen
    LB: Moreno, Enrique
    RB: Manquillo, Flanagan
    CB: Skrtel, Sakho, Ilori, New CB
    GK: Mignolet, New GK

Sterling - Sturridge - Ibe
    Coutinho - Henderson
    Pjanic/Can
    Moreno - Sakho - Skrtel - Manquillo
    Mignolet

Bench: New GK, New CB, New RB, Can/Lucas/Allen, Markovic, Lallana, Balotelli, Origi

Don't fucking bring in loads of new players, it never works and by the time the team "clicks" it's too late. We didn't get going until January this season, and look where we are in the League. Spurs did the same after selling Bale.

We have a pretty good base. We just need to finish off the jigsaw puzzle with some actual good players. No more bloody "prospects". 

Rodgers will still sign a bunch of average players, he doesn't have the pulling power to sign top quality players And without Champions League football it's going to be even harder for him.

But I agree, 2 marquee signings to fill the holes and you have a very good squad.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun May 17, 2015 9:57 am

We definitely need a new striker as well.  Sturridge might never play again, Origi is rubbish, and Balotelli will probably leave after a really respectable season.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon May 18, 2015 1:42 am

Grenade wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Lambert, Borini, Johnson, Toure and Lovren can gtfo this summer. 

Replace Toure with Ilori and replace Lovren with a new CB who's capable of competing with Sakho for a first team spot.  

Origi will be the Lambert/Borini replacement.

Manquillo or Flanagan can replace Johnson, if not, then buy a better RB.

Ibe will be like a new signing. Same goes for Enrique.

Keep hold of Balotelli for one more season, at least.

Ideally purchase a better GK, but Mignolet has been pretty special in 2015, to be fair to him. 

Definitely keep hold of Markovic. Still think he's going to end up being a great signing.

Buy a new CM, like Pjanic 

ST: Sturridge, Balotelli, Origi
    AM: Sterling, Ibe, Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana
    CM: Henderson, Pjanic, Can, Lucas, Allen
    LB: Moreno, Enrique
    RB: Manquillo, Flanagan
    CB: Skrtel, Sakho, Ilori, New CB
    GK: Mignolet, New GK

Sterling - Sturridge - Ibe
    Coutinho - Henderson
    Pjanic/Can
    Mignolet

Bench: New GK, New CB, New RB, Can/Lucas/Allen, Markovic, Lallana, Balotelli, Origi

Don't fucking bring in loads of new players, it never works and by the time the team "clicks" it's too late. We didn't get going until January this season, and look where we are in the League. Spurs did the same after selling Bale.

We have a pretty good base. We just need to finish off the jigsaw puzzle with some actual good players. No more bloody "prospects". 

Rodgers will still sign a bunch of average players, he doesn't have the pulling power to sign top quality players And without Champions League football it's going to be even harder for him.

But I agree, 2 marquee signings to fill the holes and you have a very good squad.

Agreed, he'll sign mediocrity and we'll probably sell Sterling.

Want Rodgers to gtfo now. Throw an insane amount of money at Klopp. At least he'll have better pulling power with regards to potential transfers.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 19, 2015 8:06 am

Now Sterling has come out and said he's not signing a new contract and has felt unprotected by the Club from negative headlines. We're a joke. 

Fuck off, Rodgers. 

We've said our position remains unchanged and he's not for sale, but he'll probably still go.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue May 19, 2015 8:10 am

Sterling is going to lead us to the title.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue May 19, 2015 8:39 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Sterling is going to lead us to the title.

I can imagine Arsene Wenger sat at home right now with Sky Sports News on flipping a £1 coin with a weird smile on his face.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 19, 2015 8:52 am

Think things are about to get very ugly for Rodgers. Apparently Sterling has hinted at staying if Rodgers went, and apparently other players have fallen out with Rodgers too. 

Please be true.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue May 19, 2015 8:56 am

Wenger right now Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 22 Uzk5DPp
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 19, 2015 9:49 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 22 Sinking-ship
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue May 19, 2015 10:19 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Think things are about to get very ugly for Rodgers. Apparently Sterling has hinted at staying if Rodgers went, and apparently other players have fallen out with Rodgers too. 

Please be true.

That really wouldn't surprise me, the guy's an egotistical charlatan.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 19, 2015 10:25 am

"The best players want to play in the best competition," said Rodgers.
    "Any club will suffer the same when they're not in there. It will hurt you, but they will know that."
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Incredible to think that us signing Remy could have been the difference between us finishing 4th and 5th. "Failed" his medical here, then went to Chelsea and did brilliantly whenever called upon. Imagine if he was starting up front for us. 

Still think Balotelli's season would have gone much better had Rodgers not constantly taken him out of the team after a good game, or hung him out to dry in the press. I know Rodgers > me, but I'd be starting him in every game he's available for. But no, we put a 20 year old AM up front, instead, which not only meant we were sacrificing ability up front, but also sacrificing ability in the AM position.

I'm also pretty pissed at how he's handled Markovic as well. Constantly playing him at RWB. That's not his fucking position. I'd be playing him a lot more than Rodgers has done, too. Instead of fucking Lallana. Give Balotelli and Markovic a run of games, instead of chopping and changing, then I feel they'd start performing once an understanding has been built among the front 4 or 5 players. 

Manquillo's lack of game time has also been baffling. He was doing well, then all of a sudden, he couldn't get near the team. I'd argue he was more solid than Moreno, yet Moreno played a lot more. 

Balotelli
    Coutinho - Sterling - Markovic
    Henderson - Can
    Mignolet

or

Coutinho - Balotelli - Markovic
    Sterling - Henderson
    Can
    Mignolet

I am utterly convinced that if we had consistently played either of those line ups (when possible) we'd have done enough to get 4th ahead of a pathetic Man United team.

Actually. In fact, I think if we had not started Gerrard as much as we did, then we'd have wrapped up 4th by now. Our win/game percentage without him is so much higher than it is with him, yet we persist to play him because of his legendary status. Fuck off.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 26, 2015 3:38 am

Some good news for Liverpool, Origi has made the team of the season in France

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/25/divock-origi-liverpool-lille-ligue-1-team-of-season?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue May 26, 2015 3:51 am

He'd have been our highest scoring striker if he had replicated that form for us this season. rofl  He's going to be an atrocious signing, just like every single player we buy.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue May 26, 2015 11:05 am

I honestly think Mignolet has been the worst 'regular' keeper in the league this season and one of the main reason's you've done so badly. Should look for a more reliable keeper.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue May 26, 2015 7:04 pm

lol
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed May 27, 2015 4:40 am

New contract for Toure. Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu May 28, 2015 8:36 am

Wisdom and Flanagan secured as well, I am really excited by this project.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:31 pm