Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Mason
Jay
eidinger
Alan
Scuba Steve
Childish Logic
JonjoShelvey
Ki
SBSP
Ra's al Ghul
Zzonked
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordan Henderchip
Keyser Söze
El_indian
Theo Filippo
Dagbon
The Zlatan
Scott M
23 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Scott M

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:17 am

You may not need to bet on it anymore, but it's an easy £100 according to your beliefs.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:22 am

I'll take it if Theo doesn't want in.

Jokes though.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:24 am

Scott M wrote:You may not need to bet on it anymore, but it's an easy £100 according to your beliefs.

Maybe so (Your offering better odds than the bookies too) but I have better edges in other forms of gambling so I will have to pass. Smile
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:29 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott M wrote:You may not need to bet on it anymore, but it's an easy £100 according to your beliefs.

Maybe so (Your offering better odds than the bookies too) but I have better edges in other forms of gambling so I will have to pass. Smile

I don't think you're as confident as you let on Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:30 am

Probably not I just pulled the number out I'd probably drop down to 70%, I wouldn't bet on any football transfer regardless because everything changes so quick. Van Persie last year was a perfect example.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:34 am

On a serious note, what the fuck is going on at Arsenal? It was printed everywhere that you'd have loads of money to spend, yet the only signing you've made is a young french striker on a free. There's only 4 weeks or so left.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:42 am

Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:48 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:

Juicy. 

I didn't really have high hopes for Aspas, but some of the things he did today surprised me.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 am

Especially that outrageous back-heel flick. wank 2

Reckon we'll beat Stoke on the first game of the season?
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:04 am

Was it our first game last season that we lost 3-0 to West Brom? Probably going to take a comfortable win to get my confidence up for the start of the season.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:09 am

Yeah, that was the first game of last season. Incredibly depressing when that happened. 

Just ANY win for our first game would make me feel good. We haven't done it in years.

EDIT: 2008/2009 season was when we last won our opening game. So, 5 years. Laughing facepalm
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:20 am

09/10 hurt the most, think it was the 30 yard Assou-Ekotto strike....what a chilling downer. Does no end of bad to be having to chase the pack just a few games into the season.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 am

My favourite opening day memory is when we tied Arsenal at home and everyone was praising Hodgson for "bringing a bit of fight back to Anfield."
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:37 am

Can only think of Reina's blunder thanks to your avatar. N'Gog was unfairly undermined.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:05 am

We'd have been better off keeping N'gog and avoiding Carroll. okay 
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:17 am

Moriarty wrote:My favourite opening day memory is when we tied Arsenal at home and everyone was praising Hodgson for "bringing a bit of fight back to Anfield."

I was ridiculously angry after that game. We had fought hard and endured 45 minutes with 10 men, winning 1-0 and then Arsenal go and get that fucking lucky, jammy last minute goal thanks to Reina's weekly goalkeeping gaff.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:38 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 BQwol2JCUAAPe7g
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:57 am

100% sure Suárez will be an Arsenal player.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:58 am

Is he all you can talk about? Jesus man. Just take him.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks. When can you ship him over ?
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:08 am

Do you have Amazon prime? It's free for a month.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:57 am

Keyser Söze wrote:100% sure Suárez will be an Arsenal player.

Stake £100 on it?

If he doesn't go to Arsenal, you give me £100. If he does, I'll give you £500. You aren't going to get a better deal, and if you're 100% confident, put your money where your mouth is, otherwise, it's all talk and you're full of shit.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:21 am

Shut up Scott.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:29 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:100% sure Suárez will be an Arsenal player.

Stake £100 on it?

If he doesn't go to Arsenal, you give me £100. If he does, I'll give you £500. You aren't going to get a better deal, and if you're 100% confident, put your money where your mouth is, otherwise, it's all talk and you're full of shit.

5/1? Jesus Christ. Laughing
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:33 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott M wrote:

Stake £100 on it?

Exactly. To turn it down would just prove he's full of shit.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:35 am

That is so so tempting..
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 am

I understand you not taking it on, as you're not entirely confident of it happening, but Keyser has stated he's 100% confident.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Do you have Amazon prime? It's free for a month.
    My month expired.

Scott M wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:

No Scott I'm not full of shit, I'm 100% (or as close to 100% as one can be) certain Suárez will be a Arsenal player. But I won't bet on it.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Bet you pussy
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:Do you have Amazon prime? It's free for a month.
    My month expired.

Scott M wrote:

No Scott I'm not full of shit, I'm 100% (or as close to 100% as one can be) certain Suárez will be a Arsenal player. But I won't bet on it.

The fact you won't bet on it just goes to prove that you're not as sure/certain as you let on. 

I mean, why else would you turn down the "100% certain" chance to be £500 richer?

Because you're full of shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:11 am