Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
JonjoShelvey
Zzonked
Start.
Ben 10
Dedge
Phadunkin Donuts
Laurencio
arsenalap11
Jord
Jeff
Mouse
Dean
Gegilworld93
Alaba v2
Glen Miller
Cadbury
Bushido
Grenade
Harrold
Danny
SBSP
PrideOfTheMidlands
Forest
Jordan Henderchip
Sean
Mustangt125
Kuled
CollieBuddz
George
JamieB
Muhkoo
Childish Logic
The Zlatan
samiz
Cam
Carlos Jenkinson
El Jefe
Theo Filippo
AndItsKoren!
El_indian
Scouser_Dave
ricky//habana
46 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Liverpool FC Official Thread Empty Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by ricky//habana Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm

I'd rather Walcott but to be honest we should be looking at talented foreigners, whereas that doesn't even seem to be on the agenda. If swansea can pick up Michu we must be able to find someone who can make a real impact and for me it isn't Sturridge. He'll score a few but he isn't prolific and do we really need another striker as selfish as suarez? (granted he has good reason to be but we have blown plenty of chances through it)
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Liverpool FC Official Thread Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by ricky//habana Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 pm

I can't help but wonder about how much adherence will be paid to the 5+6 and the FFP rules. City have already tried to evade the FFP by basically sponsoring themselves.

Clearly our transfer policy is being built around buying cheap and homegrown players to adhere to these rules, but I can't help but wonder if 1) it'll actually work and everyone but us and United will be severely hamstrung or 2) Clubs find a loophole and little changes.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

If we do get Sturridge then I hope Rodgers plays him as a striker. If he sticks him outwide like he did with Borini then I can't see him having much of an impact.

Ince could be the pick of the two. Seems to have a decent record for getting goals outwide and has really progressed since leaving us.

El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:03 pm

I think that that is exactly the role he'll play - cutting in from the wing and filling in for Suarez when he drops deep.

He has pace and a few tricks, I think he'll make an impact.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20783179?

Not that it says much, they're unreliable as anybody.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:If we do get Sturridge then I hope Rodgers plays him as a striker. If he sticks him outwide like he did with Borini then I can't see him having much of an impact.

Ince could be the pick of the two. Seems to have a decent record for getting goals outwide and has really progressed since leaving us.

This makes so much sense... Not. AVB played Sturridge on the right and that has been his best part of his career.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:20 am

Not sure how Dave came to the conclusion that a player that has played quite well in the championship for 16 months is better than a forward who was Chelsea's best player aside from Mata until AVB got sacked.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:If we do get Sturridge then I hope Rodgers plays him as a striker. If he sticks him outwide like he did with Borini then I can't see him having much of an impact.

This makes so much sense... Not. AVB played Sturridge on the right and that has been his best part of his career.

Really? 8 goals in 12 games for Bolton as a striker and 13 goals in 62 games for Chelsea outwide/Striker. If you want the best out of Sturridge then he needs to be played in his natural position as a striker.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:51 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Not sure how Dave came to the conclusion that a player that has played quite well in the championship for 16 months is better than a forward who was Chelsea's best player aside from Mata until AVB got sacked.

Fair enough he has a decent run under AVB but since then he's done nothing to shout about. If he was that great Chelsea wouldn't be selling him would they?

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:55 am

Di Matteo didn't play him, he was ill this summer, played in the Olympics and has been injured quite a bit so far this season. I don't think he's great but he's good enough for Liverpool at the moment and for 12 million the deal suits Chelsea.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:08 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Di Matteo didn't play him, he was ill this summer, played in the Olympics and has been injured quite a bit so far this season. I don't think he's great but he's good enough for Liverpool at the moment and for 12 million the deal suits Chelsea.

I'm not saying he isn't good enough for us. He'll do a job for us played in the right position but for £12M there was probably better options out there.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 am

So crazy. If goals for small clubs meant they are a great player then Bent would be at a club better than Villa. Fact is, Sturridge had his best form when playing on the right wing at Chelsea.

Also, since when has a player being sold meant they are bad? I'm sure Man U wouldn't have sold Pique if they knew he was gonna be as good as he was 2 years ago.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:So crazy. If goals for small clubs meant they are a great player then Bent would be at a club better than Villa. Fact is, Sturridge had his best form when playing on the right wing at Chelsea.

Also, since when has a player being sold meant they are bad? I'm sure Man U wouldn't have sold Pique if they knew he was gonna be as good as he was 2 years ago.

Yeah so crazy wanting to play a player in a position where he is most likely to get more goals. Also the Bent reference is bollocks. Take Le Tissier for instance, didn't get out of a small club like Southampton despite being a quality footballer.

AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am

Who knows what Le Tissier would have been like at a club that wasn't his favourite and he wasn't the main man. Look at Berbatov.

I don't see how Sturridge playing up front makes him more likely to score goals. One thing Rodgers seems to be able to do is make poor wingers look way better than they are, Sinclair, Dyer and Sterling.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 am

How have you come to the conclusion that Rodgers had made Sterling look better than he is?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:39 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Di Matteo didn't play him, he was ill this summer, played in the Olympics and has been injured quite a bit so far this season. I don't think he's great but he's good enough for Liverpool at the moment and for 12 million the deal suits Chelsea.

I'm not saying he isn't good enough for us. He'll do a job for us played in the right position but for £12M there was probably better options out there.

Hold on here, what players do you honestly think that fit the FSG model and would be as good as him with that price? He's English, can dribble and score actual goals, how can you complain at that?

Tom Ince is a limited technical shithouse in comparison to Sturridge
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:47 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:Who knows what Le Tissier would have been like at a club that wasn't his favourite and he wasn't the main man. Look at Berbatov.

I don't see how Sturridge playing up front makes him more likely to score goals. One thing Rodgers seems to be able to do is make poor wingers look way better than they are, Sinclair, Dyer and Sterling.

Sill doesn't take anything away from Le Tissier. Just because he was the main man at a small club doesn't mean he wasn't a quality footballer.

You don't see how playing a player in his favourite position will get him to score goals? seriously? Laughing Sturridge started his career as a striker and has more years of experience in that position, so is more likely to get more goals from that position. Also the Sterling comment is a pathetic dig.

Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:57 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Hold on here, what players do you honestly think that fit the FSG model and would be as good as him with that price? He's English, can dribble and score actual goals, how can you complain at that?

Tom Ince is a limited technical shithouse in comparison to Sturridge

For a start I don't agree with the FSG model of buying players. Llorente would have been a better option either now or in the summer. I don't see how he's English helps things.

Harsh comment about Ince considering he's only 20 and still learning his trade as a footballer.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:05 am

Why would Llorente want to go to Liverpool? this isn't a closed question I actually want to know. If Arsenal had the option of buying a player from Korea or a player from England for an extra 5m or so I'd buy their hands off for the English player. You'd think FSG would want to build a young loyal British core that are willing to come to Liverpool with good performances and possible good resale value. The Premier League isn't English anymore that's for sure, there should be more pride in British players who are capable, for the ones that are anyway
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:Why would Llorente want to go to Liverpool? this isn't a closed question I actually want to know. If Arsenal had the option of buying a player from Korea or a player from England for an extra 5m or so I'd buy their hands off for the English player. You'd think FSG would want to build a young loyal British core that are willing to come to Liverpool with good performances and possible good resale value. The Premier League isn't English anymore that's for sure, there should be more pride in British players who are capable, for the ones that are anyway

Why wouldn't Llorente want to come to Liverpool? I'd rather we signed the best possible players for the cheapest price regardless of them being foreign or not.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:12 am

He'd never go to Liverpool, Liverpool are a step down what are you on?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:13 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:Why wouldn't Llorente want to come to Liverpool?
    Liverpool FC Official Thread Tumblr_mf9qdromz21qk1fueo4_250
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:14 am

rofl
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:17 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:He'd never go to Liverpool, Liverpool are a step down what are you on?

You could have said the same about Suarez. Spurs were close to signing Llorente not long ago and we aren't a million miles away from them.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:21 am

Liverpool were the only club genuinely interested in Suarez, Spurs were nowhere near close to signing him and Liverpool are behind Spurs by a fair distance.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:23 am

An Everton fan said to me today, I'm going to buy the sun to annoy you, fucking tit
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:23 am

Should of punched him in the face.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:29 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:He'd never go to Liverpool, Liverpool are a step down what are you on?

You could have said the same about Suarez. Spurs were close to signing Llorente not long ago and we aren't a million miles away from them.

Fortress of a team at home, one of the worlds best managers, better players, better fans, similar pay packets, better ambitions of Europe

v

... What exactly?

rofl
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:31 am

*sigh*
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Liverpool were the only club genuinely interested in Suarez, Spurs were nowhere near close to signing him and Liverpool are behind Spurs by a fair distance.

Suarez could have easily declined our offer and waited until the summer where he would have probably had better offers. Going for players like Llorente would close the gap on us and Spurs, how else would you suggest we catch up?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:46 am