Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
Ankan97
wizia
jedisniper
oli_100785
MangoChutney
icelemontea1020
Mason
visor
big_man33
fluffy_kittens
fifa sups
deon7924
Kanzen
bearofhonor
Magellanic
Jquach888
Mingwall
Tifosi
Mouse
steamboat
Kuled
Childish Logic
Ham.
pcmarcos
Lux
Jordi
Grenade
Mvan
Jordan Henderchip
crump
Andy
SBSP
Cam
Danny
Zzonked
39 posters

Fifa Superstars (iPhone game)

deon7924
    deon7924

Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Empty Re: Fifa Superstars (iPhone game)

Post by deon7924 Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:03 pm

oli_100785 wrote:
    deon7924 wrote:

I'm not surprise. It happened to me before. So far I had only manage to complete the Elite EPL with 120 PTS (x3) with a Team Rating of 88, 89, & 90. Most of the time you have to depend on lady luck. I will usually start to equip with +5 equipment if I'm on a winning streak for the 1st 20 matches. Before gong all out for the last 5 matches.

Hey Deon, I just posted something similar Smile I have an EPL Elite team with 6 Ultimates and 5 Platinum players that is rated 87 - 88 depending on equipment (before +2 team rating) and I tend to use mostly Elite (+4) Equipment (maybe a few +3) and weaker tactics (Offside / Corner Chance / Last Gasp Defence / Zona Mista etc) for the first 12-15 games of Elite league and once I have passed that with no points dropped I use only Pro (+5) Equipment and only Counter Attack or Pressure for all games from 15-0 to 40-0. Ideally I try and time it so I have +2 team rating for at least half of games 15 - 40. I have probably done 40/40 wins seasons in EPL Elite about 8 times now so accrued quite a few Ultimate transfers for more 1 Ultimate player and 1 Platinum player extra each season plus a load of equipment / cash / tactics. Sometimes I fail but even then I tend to get 2 x Platinum transfers (114 points +) so minimum of 2 Platinum players per season. What Ultimate players do you have for your EPL Elite team and what tactics do you play?

Sadly my La Liga Elite team is still missing a Platinum or Ultimate striker so I don't like to play it yet even though I have more Ultimate players for that team than my EPL team (7 vs 6)! It's because I have only 1 Spanish / La Liga striker and he is only Gold and rated 78 Sad Bizarrely I only have 1 Spanish striker even though I have probably had about 150 players in my squad in total at a guess (dunno how accurate that is as have sold a lot of the Gold and below players that I don't need). In fact I didn't realise when I first started playing the game that for the EPL Elite and La Liga Elite leagues you need only EPL or English players (or La Liga / Spanish players) as it didn't mention that in the game so I just thought it was unlocked dependent on your level and team rating (as I didn't find this forum before I reached that point) so could have sold a few by accident but I doubt they were rated better than 78 anyway as that was fairly early on so didn't have many great players anyway. For that reason I can only play 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 in La Liga Elite and with such a weak striker that isn't good enough for the Elite leagues. I started one season just to try it and won first few games (but only 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0) and then lost 1-0 on something like my 5th or 6th game so just quit and reset and went back to EPL Elite.

So the plan is to keep playing EPL Elite until I get someone like Messi / Torres / Villa or any other decent Ultimate striker and then maybe try 5-4-1. Not sure if this game 'prefers' you to have more strikers as I always play 3-4-3 in EPL Elite and most games score 5+ goals. Do you or anyone else have any views on if there are 'preferred' formations (ie. those with more strikers or unlocked at a later level in the game) or attacking variations (whether to be more defensive / neutral / attacking)?

Surely they also have to release Bundesliga and Serie A regular and elite leagues soon. Must be so easy for them to do it aswell as they already have all (or at least most of) the players and league formats so an easy update to release and more reasons to keep playing on for better players! I have loads of Ultimate and Platinum players I can't use because they aren't English / Spanish and don't play in EPL / La Liga which is quite annoying!!! The next step after that would be a Champions League Elite requiring really high team rating (ie. 85+ at least) and minimum number of Ultimate players as 7+ or something similar where there are all the best teams from all leagues across Europe from all leagues but you can use any of your players from any country / league.

As I put in some of my other posts they should also introduce the ability to play other real life players of the game (ideally with a gambling aspect) and enable transfers of players / $ / premium cash between us. Surely that would be pretty easy to do if they just made people sign up to Origin and then access the server?! Anyway I'm rambling on now as have loads of ideas for how they could improve this game so will try to avoid another mega post Laughing

You can refer to pg 15 of this forum for my prefer formation. If you don't mind spending real $$$ on this game, I won't suggest you spend it on ultimate transfer cause you may not be able to get the players which is player able in the elites league. Instead I will spend it on unlimited pressure tactic, as this will still give you a fighting chance even if you are 0-2 down in the match.

I will update my latest squad soon.

Last edited by deon7924 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
    oli_100785
    oli_100785

Post by oli_100785 Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks Deon - I will check out page 13 / 15 to see your team / tactics / formations. So you think Pressure is better than Counter Attack? I noticed in my last season I was 34 / 34 wins then lost 1-0 to Tottenham when I had Counter Attack so I guess you don't always score using that tactic... I won the last 5 so had 39/40 but only got 2 Platinum transfers and of course no Ultimate player!! Sad

Currently on 28/28 so hoping I can get 40/40 this time as have saved my +2 team rating which I will enable at 30/30. Although had that last time vs Tottenham with team rating 90 and still lose Sad
    oli_100785
    oli_100785

Post by oli_100785 Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:00 pm

oli_100785 wrote:Thanks Deon - I will check out page 13 / 15 to see your team / tactics / formations. So you think Pressure is better than Counter Attack? I noticed in my last season I was 34 / 34 wins then lost 1-0 to Tottenham when I had Counter Attack so I guess you don't always score using that tactic... I won the last 5 so had 39/40 but only got 2 Platinum transfers and of course no Ultimate player!! Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 1371890812

Currently on 28/28 so hoping I can get 40/40 this time as have saved my +2 team rating which I will enable at 30/30. Although had that last time vs Tottenham with team rating 90 and still lose Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 1371890812

Oh my god.... at 29/29 I just lost to Bolton 2-0 wtf (88 vs 76 team rating)... Just as I was about to activate +2 team rating . Bet I win all the rest of the games too and go 39/40 and then fail to get Ultimate player from 2 Platinum transfers again - so frustrating Sad
    pcmarcos
    pcmarcos

Post by pcmarcos Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:49 pm

What's the best way to save money? Play Elite league without tactics and equipment?
    THnks
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Supports : Newcastle United

Post by MangoChutney Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm

SBSP wrote:Completed Electric. Cool

Nice, I'm soooo close to completing that too, think that's my last objective!

Did you get anything else after? and what rewards did you get, I know when I done the superstars league I got a whole load of other rewards?
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:47 pm

Ok so is it just me that went to the equipment store this morning and the game crashed as usual and have now sat for an hour looking at a spinning circle? Suspect
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:19 pm

Danny wrote:Elite league, beat Liverpool, United, City, Arsenal, and Chelsea.

Whut?

I always think those teams aren't the most challenging. Laughing

I also think the worst I've done against El Classico teams is a draw against Real Madrid. You always seem to lose random games instead, which is annoying because you can't predict which and use the best tactics or whatever to counter it.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:22 pm

MangoChutney wrote:Ok so is it just me that went to the equipment store this morning and the game crashed as usual and have now sat for an hour looking at a spinning circle? Suspect

Sometimes that happens to me and I have to reset the game. Usually works normally after that.
    deon7924
    deon7924

Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Empty My Latest Squads

Post by deon7924 Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Just like to share with everyone in this forum.

My current squad numbers :

Goal Keepers : 36 Gold
    Defender : 6 Ultimate , 43 Platinum
    Midfielders : 4 Ultimate , 26 Platinum
    Strikers : 3 Ultimate , 46 Platinum

Superstar Elite :

Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Img_1911

Sub : Ashley Cole (85), Ricardo Alberto (84), Kolo Toure (84)

BPL ELite :

[img]Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Img_1912[/img]

Manchester United (Current& Old)

[img]Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Img_1913[/img]
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    MangoChutney wrote:Ok so is it just me that went to the equipment store this morning and the game crashed as usual and have now sat for an hour looking at a spinning circle? Suspect

Sometimes that happens to me and I have to reset the game. Usually works normally after that.

How do you reset the game? all I can do is go back to the home screen on the ipod and start the game again but it loads in the same place with the circle spinning?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 pm

MangoChutney wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

How do you reset the game? all I can do is go back to the home screen on the ipod and start the game again but it loads in the same place with the circle spinning?

On my iPhone if I double click the home button while on the home screen it brings up a little menu at the bottom. Then I press and hold the picture of fifa superstars until it starts shaking and close it with a red button in the top left corner. Not sure if it works on all operating systems.
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    MangoChutney wrote:

On my iPhone if I double click the home button while on the home screen it brings up a little menu at the bottom. Then I press and hold the picture of fifa superstars until it starts shaking and close it with a red button in the top left corner. Not sure if it works on all operating systems.

Yep I just tried it, didn't press the red button because the games ok now but thanks, seems every morning when I go to the equipment store it crashes and takes ages to sort itself out, so thanks! Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 284837
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Sorry that's on an ipod 4th gen, if anyone else needs to do it.Very Happy
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:00 pm

Zzonked do you have like a crazy quirk that you do when you open transfer packs? ie: always open the gold players first, then the platinum, then the chance for ultimate?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:04 pm

I do always do that. Laughing

I don't think it makes any difference to the players you get, I just like the suspense. shifty
    deon7924
    deon7924

Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Empty My Current Squad

Post by deon7924 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Just like to share with everyone in this forum.

My current squad numbers :

Goal Keepers : 36 Gold
    Defender : 6 Ultimate , 43 Platinum
    Midfielders : 4 Ultimate , 26 Platinum
    Strikers : 3 Ultimate , 46 Platinum

Superstar Elite :

Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Img_1911

Sub : Ashley Cole (85), Ricardo Alberto (84), Kolo Toure (84)

BPL ELite :

[img]Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Img_1912[/img]

Manchester United (Current& Old)

[img]Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Img_1913[/img]
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:17 pm

Zzonked wrote:I do always do that. Laughing

I don't think it makes any difference to the players you get, I just like the suspense. Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 279869

Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 1227708691 So it's not just me then lol.
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Deon7924 I have but one word for you........ Hmmmm ROOOOONEY, ok thats sort of two but still roooooney. Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 914411
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 am

Another platinum and not one english OR spanish player let alone an ultimate!Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 318833
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:32 am

There's a FIFA superstars thread in gaming discussion.
    bearofhonor
    bearofhonor

Post by bearofhonor Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:45 am

Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 Img_0216

Very Happy Now just need Xavi for the best midfield possible.
    Kanzen
    Kanzen

Post by Kanzen Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:56 am

Hi guys, just wanna share something. I was playing SS league and when i scouted the opposite team, i was surprise to see Ronaldinho. Hes a ultimate player but his rating is only 81 lol. I always though ultimate players are minimum of 84.
    bearofhonor
    bearofhonor

Post by bearofhonor Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:31 am

Kanzen wrote:Hi guys, just wanna share something. I was playing SS league and when i scouted the opposite team, i was surprise to see Ronaldinho. Hes a ultimate player but his rating is only 81 lol. I always though ultimate players are minimum of 84.
    Yeah thats normal. In the ss league, they change the ratings of certain players. Sometimes they add rating and sometimes they decrease it in order to get a certain overall rating. In general, ultimate players are 84+, just in the ss league they change it.
    Kanzen
    Kanzen

Post by Kanzen Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:17 am

bearofhonor wrote:
    Kanzen wrote:Hi guys, just wanna share something. I was playing SS league and when i scouted the opposite team, i was surprise to see Ronaldinho. Hes a ultimate player but his rating is only 81 lol. I always though ultimate players are minimum of 84.
    Yeah thats normal. In the ss league, they change the ratings of certain players. Sometimes they add rating and sometimes they decrease it in order to get a certain overall rating. In general, ultimate players are 84+, just in the ss league they change it.

Thx for the info, i didnt know about the changing of rating for ss league.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 am

You guys should post in the football sections more. shifty
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:29 am

sooo bad, just had 39/39 wins then lost to chelsea and yes I did cry! managed to get Joao Filipe Moutinho as an ultimate (84) but still no more English or Spanish!Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 214775
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Got two gold Spanish strikers as bonus and then bought a platinum pack for no reason. Got Rami, which wasn't bad, but still no ultimate and still a player short for both elite leagues. Dry Smile
    MangoChutney
    MangoChutney

Post by MangoChutney Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:35 pm

SBSP wrote:Got two gold Spanish strikers as bonus and then bought a platinum pack for no reason. Got Rami, which wasn't bad, but still no ultimate and still a player short for both elite leagues. Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 537999

Atleast you're making some progress Very Happy my Spanish team is not even close, but I am lucky that I have Messi & Kaka.

Just need a decent English DF Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 9905
    Tifosi
    Tifosi

Supports : AFC Ajax Amsterdam

Post by Tifosi Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 pm

man this game annoys me from time to time. had a perfect run in the elite la liga, but lost the last game vs Barca. Damn. I never got to 120 points in an elite league...

from the platinums i got Marcelo who can go in my la liga team, and Liedson who is of no use to me. give me some ultimates!!! pffff
    jedisniper
    jedisniper

Post by jedisniper Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 pm

SBSP wrote:Got two gold Spanish strikers as bonus and then bought a platinum pack for no reason. Got Rami, which wasn't bad, but still no ultimate and still a player short for both elite leagues. Fifa Superstars (iPhone game) - Page 20 537999

Hi SBSP, So funny that I also got Rami in my last platinum pack. And I have no ultimate and short for both elite leagues too.

My team's overall rating is 81 and I cannot completed the objective of 'team with rating 90'. So depress. if my team rating can reach 82, I can use the +3 rating by spending 50 premium cash and equip my team with all +5 items. (82+3+5 = 90). This objective waste me a long time but I still cannot achieve. I have got some 80,81 players but cannot be used in both elite league too.

I figured out that I only need one 88+ player or two 84+ player to any of the position to make my team rating over 82. So if EA post some discount for buying ultimate pack. I will spend real money on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 am