Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Zzonked
Mouse
LeBron
Walcott
8 posters

Do GAME or Game Station do Work Experience?

Anonymous

Do GAME or Game Station do Work Experience? Empty Do GAME or Game Station do Work Experience?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:39 pm

I want to go to GAME or Game station for work experience; how do i go about doing that? Go into the shop and asking or what?
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Do GAME or Game Station do Work Experience? Empty Re: Do GAME or Game Station do Work Experience?

Post by Walcott Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Althought I didn't do work experience cos I was on holiday, my form tutor gave the rest of my class a website and all the available work experience places were on the website. Other than that, I would just say go in and ask or write a letter/email.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Do GAME or Game Station do Work Experience? Empty Re: Do GAME or Game Station do Work Experience?

Post by LeBron Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Chances are you wont get it at GAME, they don't have any part / full time vacancies at all (near me atleast)
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 am

I didn't think retail shops like that usually take work experiance, not to sure though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:25 am

Do your school not help you find one? Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 am

Probably. Its just I don't really want to do Work Experience at all Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:21 am

I know some people who worked at HMV for work experience, google it.
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:29 am

GAME don't, Gamestation do, I did mine there.

Unless they've changed it now, I did it 3 years ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:55 am

Call them up and find out.. Neutral
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:59 am

Someone I know did work exp. at GS, so I imagine it's the same with you.

Not sure about GAME though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:26 am

Royal wrote:GAME don't, Gamestation do, I did mine there.

Unless they've changed it now, I did it 3 years ago.

What was it like?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:29 am

You should do it at a cinema.

At Vue you can play PS3 on breaks, sneak a bit of popcorn, a few free films and when you're cleaning up the rooms take the lost stuff like phones eek2
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:34 am

Luxz0rz wrote:You should do it at a cinema.

At Vue you can play PS3 on breaks, sneak a bit of popcorn, a few free films and when you're cleaning up the rooms take the lost stuff like phones eek2

tut tut Dick move.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 am

Lux is a dick so why are you surprised.
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:47 am

It wasn't too bad, boring at times though.

I didn't have to do much. Just sign for deliveries, stack and alphabetise the shelves every morning and a few times in the day (Mad), change stickers, set up displays etc...

A lot of the time I had fuck all to do because I wasn't allowed to use the tills. That was because I was 14 though, they might let you at 16. They are supposed to stop you from handling 18 rated games, but they didn't give a fuck. I even played GTA IV with some of them in the back just before it came out. Razz

But yeah, it can be very boring. Boring enough for you to want to make work for yourself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm