Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Weather130
Gegilworld93
Sean
Bye_Ya
Barton
drivescore
Phadunkin Donuts
Trig
ayvee1
Carlos Jenkinson
Muhkoo
The Zlatan
Paulinho
Theo Filippo
Zzonked
19 posters

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth"

Zzonked
    Zzonked

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth" Empty UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth"

Post by Zzonked Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:17 am

President of the "Sweaty men rolling on top of each other until a ref decides one of them rolled around better and declares him the winner" Fighting League said this.

I’m not a big hockey fan. But I respect how talented you have to be to play hockey. Soccer? That’s a whole other ball. Can’t stand soccer. It’s the least-talented sport on Earth. There’s a reason three-year-olds can play soccer. When you’re playing a game when the net is that big and the score is 3-1 (and that’s a blowout) are you kidding me? You know how untalented you have to be to score three times when the net is that big? Now back to hockey. You have guys on skates with crooked sticks and you have to hit a puck into a net that’s the same size as the goalie. And at any time someone could take your head right off your shoulders and it’s perfectly legal. That’s a real sport that takes real talent, speed and all the things you need to be a real athlete. Now fighting is a part of hockey and has been since Day 1. It’s part of the game. It is what it is. I think we live in a world now where everything has been so pussy-fied. When I grew up we didn’t wear helmets when we rode our bikes. We didn’t have car seats. We didn’t have all this stuff. Now things are safer and we should be safer but let’s not go overboard. Fighting’s a part of hockey. Period.

http://m.calgarysun.com/2012/03/21/q--a-with-ufc-prez-dana-white
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth" Empty Re: UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth"

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:18 am

Laughing facepalm
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth" Empty Re: UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth"

Post by Paulinho Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:22 am

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth" 58503
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 am

They didn't have car seats? What? Neutral How does that work?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:26 am

His name is Dana...
    Which is a girls name...
    Therefore his opinion is irrelevant.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:31 am

You know the last few days i have seen danish "journalist" write the worst pieces of shit about football i have seen in a while that has made me facepalm hard. But this, this. I don't think anyone could facepalm so hard. And how the hell is his example hockey and fighting? 3 year olds can play this sport, yea because 3 year olds playing hockey would end up something like "Little timmy will probably never walk again, why? Because a sharp skate cut into his neck after Billy knocked Timmy and fell" also it seems very American (in the sense of the stereotype that many have no idea about the rest of the world or indeed the people in it, let alone people outside their own NFL conference)

This man child must have an incredible team behind him because that glorified meatball he uses as a head couldn't possibly land so much money on big men often "oiled" up grabbing each other until one gives up. It seems that belongs more on Bravo than Fox (Who has several "Soccer" channels) to me.

Last edited by Muhkoo on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 am

I don't know what soccer is
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:33 am

Cam wrote:They didn't have car seats? What? Neutral How does that work?

I'm guessing he means car seats for kids.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:35 am

I didn't think anyone who has as high a profile in sports as him could be quite so ignorant.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 am

He's american, he can't help it. I grew up hating "soccer", thinking it was a pussy sport with no athletes.

Then I saw the light.

But seriously, the game is going to expand here in the states. When I say I hated it, I mean I fucking absolutely despised everything about it. If someone like me can learn to appreciate just how incredible this game is, hopefully others will do the same.

Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:06 am

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth" 671343
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 am

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth" 70955
    drivescore
    drivescore

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:16 am

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth" 70955
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:30 am

I would love to see him play football.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 am

UFC President "Soccer is the least-talented sport on Earth" 58503

ayvee1 wrote:I didn't think anyone who has as high a profile in sports as him could be quite so ignorant.

I think it's more than ignorance, if he seriously meant what he said there ('It’s the least-talented sport on Earth') then he must be retarded or something.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:30 am

A lot of people in North America think like this...
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:33 am

^ They think it's boring to spend 90 minutes running around and say, "why would you watch a game where teams hardly ever score."

He's just a special case of retard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 am

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:^ They think it's boring to spend 90 minutes running around and say, "why would you watch a game where teams hardly ever score."

He's just a special case of retard.
    All the while, they watch American Football where the game stops ever 15 seconds for 2-3 commercials. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:47 am

I'd like to see him score a goal, let alone three.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 am

i have seen 3 year olds attempt to fight eachother

you dont even need to be taught to fight its a human instinct when you feel the need to protect yourself or inflict on others

fighting is so primitive and easy to do that even animals and fish do it, what a spastic dana is
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:00 am

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:13 am

Zzonked wrote:President of the "Sweaty men rolling on top of each other until a ref decides one of them rolled around better and declares him the winner" Fighting League said this.

I’m not a big hockey fan. But I respect how talented you have to be to play hockey. Soccer? That’s a whole other ball. Can’t stand soccer. It’s the least-talented sport on Earth. There’s a reason three-year-olds can play soccer. When you’re playing a game when the net is that big and the score is 3-1 (and that’s a blowout) are you kidding me? You know how untalented you have to be to score three times when the net is that big? Now back to hockey. You have guys on skates with crooked sticks and you have to hit a puck into a net that’s the same size as the goalie. And at any time someone could take your head right off your shoulders and it’s perfectly legal. That’s a real sport that takes real talent, speed and all the things you need to be a real athlete. Now fighting is a part of hockey and has been since Day 1. It’s part of the game. It is what it is. I think we live in a world now where everything has been so pussy-fied. When I grew up we didn’t wear helmets when we rode our bikes. We didn’t have car seats. We didn’t have all this stuff. Now things are safer and we should be safer but let’s not go overboard. Fighting’s a part of hockey. Period.

What he said about football is moronic.. but what you said about UFC is also moronic.

You're just as bad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:16 am

I live on the same continent as this piece of shit facepalm
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 am

Chris wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:President of the "Sweaty men rolling on top of each other until a ref decides one of them rolled around better and declares him the winner" Fighting League said this.

What he said about football is moronic.. but what you said about UFC is also moronic.

You're just as bad.

While I do think that UFC is shit, what I said in the OP was a joke kid.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:20 am

Chris wrote:

You're just as bad.

Cracked me up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:23 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Chris wrote:

You're just as bad.

What you mean is you don't like MMA. I don't like some sports but that does not make them "shit" or mean you don't need skill to compete in them.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:34 am

Chris wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Chris wrote:

You're just as bad.

What you mean is you don't like MMA. I don't like some sports but that does not make them "shit" or mean you don't need skill to compete in them.

I never said it was shit, I said that I thought it was shit. I didn't mention skill at all either.

Also, some aspects of MMA on their own I don't mind.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:41 am

facepalm

Hate people like that, what a fucking idiot Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:45 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Chris wrote:

I never said it was shit, I said that I thought it was shit. I didn't mention skill at all either.

Well whats shit about it then? Its the best thing in the world when it comes to fighting.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:51 am

Chris wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Well whats shit about it then? Its the best thing in the world when it comes to fighting.

I just don't find it entertaining. All the fights I've watched have generally been quite disappointing, once they start grappling it just loses any value as a spectator sport for me.

Plus, I don't feel as if I'm their target audience with the way they market/present things in the UFC specifically.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 am