Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Lux
Andy
Potato-7
Pippo
Laurencio
LFC_Grunners
ResurrectionRooney
11 posters

You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW Empty You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:22 am

Let's for arguments sake say you have an unassailable position, and you will have a minimum of 5 years in charge, what do you do? What new laws do you implement into football? Do you resign any of the positions? Remember - if your ideas are too batshit mental then players will quit and top clubs might break away and form their own organisation, so be careful.

Please present what you would do in chronological order.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW Empty Re: You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW

Post by LFC_Grunners Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:31 am

First thing I'd do would be to get rid of some of the stupid rules Blatter made, So players can take their shirts off without receiving a booking, Also I'd change the idea that the ref's decision is final meaning that a player can be punished after a match if the T.V footage shows it is deserved. Finally I'd implement goal-line technology.

May introduce a video referee as well think

Anonymous

You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW Empty Re: You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:41 am

Probably sit in my office with one of those spinning globe things pondering what to do.

In the meantime go on the-playmaker.com
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:43 am

Ban Luis Suarez.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 am

1. Allow Goal line technology,
    2. Establish an independent comitte to investigate corruption and financial crimes in football,
    3. Establish an award system that awards clubs for developing their own players (well, begin the implementation, will probably take longer than 4 years),
    4. Ban FAs who do not pass a "keep football clean" investigation,
    5. Increase funding to Women's soccer (cause it doesn't really make enough money for FIFA atm)
    6. and possibly establish a comitte to review transfers of young players in football, and take action if foul play is discovered.

Oh and although I am confident I wouldn't make an ass out of myself in the media as much as Blatter does, I'd probably hire someone to deal with the press for me.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 am

1) Implement Goal Line Technology
    2) Implement full instant replay rule, with fully qualified ref on the video to make the decisions, to be called upon at the full referee's discretion. 60 second time limit on the decision.
    3) Commission investigation into corruption at the 1966 World Cup, call upon Joao Havelange to elaborate on the claims he made about said World Cup. If it is found that it is likely the World Cup was fixed, strip England of the title
    4) Ban Luis Suarez permanently, globally,
    5) Where a clear goalscoring opportunity is denied, the attacking team receives a penalty regardless of where the foul occurs
    6) Ban the use of Human Growth Hormone in development of players
    7) Investigate Barcelona's youth development and mysterious capacity to avoid injuries despite their players playing an extremely high pressure game for 60-70 games a year. Do everything possible to implement a similar Youth Development system in Scotland and Norn Iron
    Cool Increase prestige of FIFA Club World Cup by hosting it in major football stadia - Wembley, Camp Nou, the Maracana, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, the Azteca, not exclusively in Asian countries

To be continued.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 am

Make it so an Oceania team is guaranteed to play in the World Cup instead of playig some shitty playoff match.
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:11 am

Establish financial fair play rule.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:13 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:Make it so an Oceania team is guaranteed to play in the World Cup instead of playig some shitty playoff match.

They pretty much are already, Australia are comfortably one of the best sides in the Asian Confederation. Perhaps merging the AFC and the OFC would be a fairer solution.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:14 am

Allow Racism.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:01 am

-Goal line technology + 5/6th officials added to leagues

-Video referee like in rugby. Has direct contact with referee should any major incident be called incorrectly by the ref/if the ref is unsure.

-Start "Respect for clubs" campaign where if officials do not respect clubs by doing their job right they will be punished. Raise officials salaries so there is more interest and so that more can become professional.

-Stop two footed tackles being an automatic red card. Perfectly good tackles are not only called fouls, but then get players booked / sent off. Seen it too many times..it's disgraceful.

-Revoke that bullshit rule recently added where Premier League teams blackmailed Football League teams into accepting very low fees for youth players being poached, otherwise funding would be cut. Simple way to solve it is to remove the power from Premier League clubs and create a non biased body that represents every team in the Football League. All TV rights are owned by them and are distributed via them i.e. don't mess.

-Remove the Financial Fair Play rule. It's not fair, all it does is secure big teams place at the top of the table as no team can spend as much as them. I'm not against foreign owners investing.....it's good for the economy and it's good for football.....much better than cunt owners who just take money out of the club. Only thing I'd consider is a wage limit of say..£200k p/w....but only say 2/3 players could get that. After that....max wage is £120k p/w for 3/4 players or something like that......would stop one team taking all the big players. End of the day, if teams are allowed to borrow money they cannot pay back that is the fault of the lenders and I wouldn't interfere with that.

-What I would do is make sure that assets of the club and any assets of the owner are frozen and priority for any funds goes to other teams who are owed money, then players/staff of the team (except executives/owners), then the actual lenders, then the executives and finally the owners.

-Owners can only take 2% interest above inflation on any loans made to the club. They may pay themselves a fee capped at £1m but scaling down depending on total revenue for any executive/director role they hold. No other money may be taken away from the football club for owners or third parties to take as profit. It may be used for redevelopment only if it is deemed in the interest of the club.

-No one can own more than 49% of a club. Supporters trust for each club with at least 20% ownership of the club. Obviously as this will rip off some current owners....they will be compensated in the shares being converted to a reasonable loan payable to them based on current share prices + any inflation over the period of repayment.

-No holding companies for clubs.

-No more third party ownership (though any current ownership would only be voided upon when the player is transferred and that owner's share is paid for or if the player retires........)

-No more "resign and have corruption charges dropped" cases. Would have to make some sort of clean non biased body who would investigate FIFA on a regular basis.

-Make it mandatory to gain a license before being allowed to coach in football teams. Talking mostly about grass roots football here.

-Must have at least 10 home grown players, of which at least 5 must have spent at least 4 years at the club before turning 21.

-More power to clubs in terms of contracts. If a player is proven to have refused to play without good reason then they forfeit right to any future wages with the club and can be fined 4 weeks wages + a fine decided by tribunal which could go into millions depending on their contract + if found guilty will be banned from professional football in all professional leagues worldwide for a maximum of 2 years.

-Increase fines for racism and tapping players up. It is the right of the club to privately accept or reject another club's approaches for a player. Any people tapping staff up who are found to be working on behalf of a club will be fined and the club could receive penalties such as fines, point deductions, transfer bans, relegation etc depending on severity/frequency of offences.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:09 am

Lux wrote:-Start "Respect for clubs" campaign where if officials do not respect clubs by doing their job right they will be punished. Raise officials salaries so there is more interest and so that more can become professional.

All you would do there is add more pressure onto referees, which won't help matters.

-Stop two footed tackles being an automatic red card. Perfectly good tackles are not only called fouls, but then get players booked / sent off. Seen it too many times..it's disgraceful.

They're not automatic red cards - tackles which endanger the safety of opponent are red cards.

-Revoke that bullshit rule recently added where Premier League teams blackmailed Football League teams into accepting very low fees for youth players being poached, otherwise funding would be cut. Simple way to solve it is to remove the power from Premier League clubs and create a non biased body that represents every team in the Football League. All TV rights are owned by them and are distributed via them i.e. don't mess.

You don't have the power to do that, you're FIFA President and head of the IFA and FAW, not head of the FA, the Premier League or the Football League.

-Remove the Financial Fair Play rule. It's not fair, all it does is secure big teams place at the top of the table as no team can spend as much as them. I'm not against foreign owners investing.....it's good for the economy and it's good for football.....much better than cunt owners who just take money out of the club. Only thing I'd consider is a wage limit of say..£200k p/w....but only say 2/3 players could get that. After that....max wage is £120k p/w for 3/4 players or something like that......would stop one team taking all the big players. End of the day, if teams are allowed to borrow money they cannot pay back that is the fault of the lenders and I wouldn't interfere with that.

The top teams would leave FIFA if you did that.

-What I would do is make sure that assets of the club and any assets of the owner are frozen and priority for any funds goes to other teams who are owed money, then players/staff of the team (except executives/owners), then the actual lenders, then the executives and finally the owners.

-Owners can only take 2% interest above inflation on any loans made to the club. They may pay themselves a fee capped at £1m but scaling down depending on total revenue for any executive/director role they hold. No other money may be taken away from the football club for owners or third parties to take as profit. It may be used for redevelopment only if it is deemed in the interest of the club.

-No one can own more than 49% of a club. Supporters trust for each club with at least 20% ownership of the club. Obviously as this will rip off some current owners....they will be compensated in the shares being converted to a reasonable loan payable to them based on current share prices + any inflation over the period of repayment.

-No holding companies for clubs.
    You can't do these things, you are not the Prime Minster, you cannot seize people's businesses.
    -More power to clubs in terms of contracts. If a player is proven to have refused to play without good reason then they forfeit right to any future wages with the club and can be fined 4 weeks wages + a fine decided by tribunal which could go into millions depending on their contract + if found guilty will be banned from professional football in all professional leagues worldwide for a maximum of 2 years.

They can already be sued for their transfer value, and the club can stop paying them for gross misconduct.

-Increase fines for racism and tapping players up. It is the right of the club to privately accept or reject another club's approaches for a player. Any people tapping staff up who are found to be working on behalf of a club will be fined and the club could receive penalties such as fines, point deductions, transfer bans, relegation etc depending on severity/frequency of offences.

Already exists, good luck proving it though.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 am

I would actually focus on the things that we need in the game. Goaline technology would be added, while harsher punishments would be put in place for players who dive. I'm sure there would be many more little things as well, but those are the main rules which could help to change the face of football for the better. Also, I'd scrap the useless things that nobody cares about, such as players taking their shirt off, or running into the crowd.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:14 am

I would implement safe standing areas back into our football grounds, using the same model as Germany.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:22 am

Forest wrote:I would implement safe standing areas back into our football grounds, using the same model as Germany.

Yeah, I think this has to be done. Obviously, it's a major problem at the big grounds, as they can become crowded, but as you say, if it was implemented safely, then there probably wouldn't be a problem with it, and it would help add more atmosphere to the games.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:38 am

I'd definitely do that, although it'd still be banned at Anfield.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:43 am

Laurencio wrote:1. Allow Goal line technology,
    2. Establish an independent comitte to investigate corruption and financial crimes in football,
    3. Establish an award system that awards clubs for developing their own players (well, begin the implementation, will probably take longer than 4 years),
    4. Ban FAs who do not pass a "keep football clean" investigation,
    5. Increase funding to Women's soccer (cause it doesn't really make enough money for FIFA atm)
    6. and possibly establish a comitte to review transfers of young players in football, and take action if foul play is discovered.

Oh and although I am confident I wouldn't make an ass out of myself in the media as much as Blatter does, I'd probably hire someone to deal with the press for me.
    Pretty much this but also remove financial fair play and add a wage cap.

Last edited by NZG on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:44 am

Forest wrote:I would implement safe standing areas back into our football grounds, using the same model as Germany.

I doubt the English FA would let their internal policies be dicated by the FIFA president.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 am

Get Lato out of PZPN.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I'd definitely do that, although it'd still be banned at Anfield.

Why?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:06 am

cheesy wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I'd definitely do that, although it'd still be banned at Anfield.

Why?

Two reasons
    1) Liverpool fans are too dangerous to be allowed in standing areas
    2) To protect the feelings of their fans, who might find it offensive.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:07 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Why?

Two reasons

facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:09 am

Mr Leiva wrote:

Two reasons

facepalm

Mr Resurrection Rooney makes a valid point. Fans of Nottingham Forest were in the very same stadium on that fatal day, being controlled by the very same police force.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:10 am

cheesy wrote:

Why?

Two reasons

You've obviously just made up a load of drivel on the spot.

We've moved on a generation since incidents that would make you think this. Many of the fans back then, who according to you pose a dangerous threat, would not attend games anymore, and there would be many younger supporters as well.

Also, it's not that Liverpool fans are dangerous. It's that the security officials couldn't do their job properly, and allowed too many people into the ground. If you travel to a big game, and find out that the stadium is packed, what will you do? You're hardly going to up sticks and decide not to attend the game, are you? You'll go in anyway, just to see your team.

Their fans wouldn't find it offensive. I'm sure Liverpool fans were amongst the most upset when the all seater rules were introduced, as many of the regular fans would have loved standing in the Kop week in week out.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 am

cheesy wrote:You've obviously just made up a load of drivel on the spot.

We've moved on a generation since incidents that would make you think this. Many of the fans back then, who according to you pose a dangerous threat, would not attend games anymore, and there would be many younger supporters as well.

Also, it's not that Liverpool fans are dangerous. It's that the security officials couldn't do their job properly, and allowed too many people into the ground. If you travel to a big game, and find out that the stadium is packed, what will you do? You're hardly going to up sticks and decide not to attend the game, are you? You'll go in anyway, just to see your team.

Their fans wouldn't find it offensive. I'm sure Liverpool fans were amongst the most upset when the all seater rules were introduced, as many of the regular fans would have loved standing in the Kop week in week out.

I haven't made up anything, as recently as 2007 Liverpool fans were described as the worst fans in Europe, and had thousands of ticketless drunk fans in the Champions League Final in that year, and the following two years at Stamford Bridge when they were being dumped out.

Further, the age of the average Premier League fan has increased dramatically since 1989, most of the same fans would still be going. And the younger fans will likely be their kids, who have been dragged up with no morals. If the stadium is packed I would go to the pub, I am not that selfish to risk other people's safety just to watch the game myself.

I think a lot of their fans would find it offensive, Dalglish was complaining about the idea of it being considered a while ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:33 am

Forest wrote:
    Mr Leiva wrote:

You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW 58503

Mr Resurrection Rooney makes a valid point. Fans of Nottingham Forest were in the very same stadium on that fatal day, being controlled by the very same police force.
    In the end that held more fans, even though Liverpool had an average crowd that was double that of Nottingham Forest.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:36 am

cheesy wrote:You've obviously just made up a load of drivel on the spot.

I haven't made up anything, as recently as 2007 Liverpool fans were described as the worst fans in Europe, and had thousands of ticketless drunk fans in the Champions League Final in that year, and the following two years at Stamford Bridge when they were being dumped out.

Further, the age of the average Premier League fan has increased dramatically since 1989, most of the same fans would still be going. And the younger fans will likely be their kids, who have been dragged up with no morals. If the stadium is packed I would go to the pub, I am not that selfish to risk other people's safety just to watch the game myself.

I think a lot of their fans would find it offensive, Dalglish was complaining about the idea of it being considered a while ago.
    Why dont you fuck off and die you disgusting basterd.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:40 am

Alan wrote:

Why dont you fuck off and die you disgusting basterd.

Because I am too good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am

Alan wrote:Why dont you fuck off and die you disgusting basterd.

Because I am too good.
    Too good at what, posting on a football forum, I bet you are a geek that is not very well liked and this is your only escape, acting like a smart cunt on a football forum You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW 537999
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:31 am

Alan, do you seriously want someone to die because he upset you on the internet?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:07 am