Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Danny
Paulinho
Uncle John from Jamaica
Jeff
Zzonked
Mal
Schnix
Kuled
RubyArmyCTFC
drivescore
Carlos Jenkinson
Weather130
SBSP
Sean
Mario
Muhkoo
Lux
The Zlatan
Gegilworld93
Marvin
Andy
Phadunkin Donuts
Cristiano
chiboygeorge
Barton
Theo Filippo
30 posters

UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012

drivescore
    drivescore

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:02 am

Quarters:
    Barcelona v Benfica
    APOEL v Bayern Munich

Marseille v Chelsea
    AC Milan v R. Madrid

Semi:
    Chelsea v Bayern
    R.Madrid v Barcelona

Final:
    Bayern Munich v Barcelona
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012 - Page 2 Empty

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:11 am

Quarters:

Apoel Nicosia v Benfica
    Marseille v Chelsea
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
    Barcelona v AC Milan

Semis:
    Apoel v Barcelona
    Real Madrid v Chelsea

Final:
    Barelona v Real Madrid
    Kuled

UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012

Post by Kuled Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 am

Quarter finals:

Apoel vs Milan
    Barcelona vs Benfica
    Real Madrid vs Chelsea
    Bayern Munich vs Marseille

Semi finals:

Milan vs Real Madrid
    Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Final:

Milan vs Bayern Munich

Last edited by Kuled on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:17 am

You would think the Italians will win UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012 - Page 2 3925848005
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:20 am

I now have the right to bump this thread and quote that when Milan win shifty
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:22 am

Kuled wrote:I now have the right to bump this thread and quote that when Milan win shifty

Do it UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012 - Page 2 2156770003
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:36 am

Kuled wrote:Quarter finals:

Apoel vs Milan
    Barcelona vs Benfica
    Real Madrid vs Chelsea
    Bayern Munich vs Marseille

Semi finals:

Milan vs Real Madrid
    Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Final:

Milan vs Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich beating Barcelona? The chances of that are quite slim even though Bayern have one the deadliest attacks, their defence is worse than Barcelona's and that will be the reason why Barca will go through.

Who ever Barcelona get in the final, they'll beat em.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:42 am

If Barcelona get Bayern in the final it can really go either way with bayern playing Home.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:46 am

drivescore wrote:If Barcelona get Bayern in the final it can really go either way with bayern playing Home.

no it wouldnt
    drivescore
    drivescore

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:47 am

People need to stop thinking Barcelona are invincible, yes I also regard them as the best team in the world but on their day Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are capable of beating them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 am

Bayern rofl

man people are so fickle.

Barca would destroy them anyday, especially in a big game like in the CL, the only chance of you beating barca is if they have alot of injuries or they are complacent... and they will never be complacent in a CL final. bayern wouldnt even touch barca, they are not even close to barca's or madrids level.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:58 am

Do you watch Bayern play on a regular basis?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:03 am

it doesnt matter, they arent even top in a league that is far weaker then la liga

i dont care even if they were 20 points top, they would not ever be able to compete with Madrid or Barca, simple as. they could compete with english clubs, but not barca or madrid. the only way barca wont win the CL is if madrid knocks them out

i see bayern is one of your 20 million supported clubs, that explains alot. no need to further this
    drivescore
    drivescore

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:17 am

ViVaRooney wrote:it doesnt matter, they arent even top in a league that is far weaker then la liga

i dont care even if they were 20 points top, they would not ever be able to compete with Madrid or Barca, simple as. they could compete with english clubs, but not barca or madrid. the only way barca wont win the CL is if madrid knocks them out

i see bayern is one of your 20 million supported clubs, that explains alot. no need to further this

Weaker League? Aside from the Top 2 of La Liga which Bayern can compare with but no other team can the rest of the league is of a much higher quality than La Liga.

It's pretty ignorant to say Bayern cannot knock our Barcelona if they are at their best with both wingers on form.Because if Robben and Ribery have a good game Bayern are capable of taking on any team.The midfield of Bayern would not be totally out run because of the fluidity it gets through Bastian and Kroos who both keep the ball very well, not as good as Xavi and co. but well enough to find space and create chances.You don't even watch the Bundesliga so judging it on league standings is pretty stupid, I think Barcelona is still better than Madrid but they are coming second by 10 points.Also I will say it again I don't expect Bayern to beat Barcelona with ease, Barcelona are favorites and are more likely to win but I think if Bayern played them they have a chance, especially in a CL Final when they will be at their best fighting for Europeon glory on their own ground.

The last sentence was a pointless dig at me so I don't care about that
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:19 am

they would have a chance, as much as wolves would have a chance against barca... cause in football anything can happen. but that would be their only chance.. a miracle
    drivescore
    drivescore

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:24 am

If you are saying that Bayern have as much a chance against Barcelona as wolves then I don't know what to say.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 am

You guys haven't watched APOEL this season I guess. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 am

drivescore wrote:If you are saying that Bayern have as much a chance against Barcelona as wolves then I don't know what to say.

i am not comparing wolves to bayern... i am comparing their chances against barca which would be about the same cause it doesnt matter if bayern have better players then wolves, at the end of the day they are still not even close to barca and they would need a miracle to beat barca. do you get what i am getting at

if barca show up they would destroy bayern, end of. doesnt matter how bayern play
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:02 am

drivescore wrote:If Barcelona get Bayern in the final it can really go either way with bayern playing Home.
    People are quick to forget what Barcelona can do to any team in this world. When Real had that run of unbeaten games at the start of the season, the majority of people were quick to say "Real's got this, they'll destroy Barcelona etc" but look what happened. Barcelona dominated the game yet again in the Madrid's stadium. Bayern's defence is very weak with only Lahm being a stand out performer, but he'll be playing Rb/Lb where he can only do so much.

I understand where you're coming from saying it's a one off, they're at home this and that. You could say the same for Man Utd last season although it was in London and they've played there quite a few times. A couple years back in the Uefa Cup, Sporting Lisbon were at home and got fucked 4-0 forgot what Russian team it was, but I'm sure Vagner Love was in the team. Home advantage counts fuck all against Barcelona, they will dominate the game on Bayern's patch and win it.

Barcelona's been to 3 finals since 2006 and won all 3, can't see why they can't make it 4 finals and 4 victories.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 am

ViVaRooney wrote:
    drivescore wrote:If you are saying that Bayern have as much a chance against Barcelona as wolves then I don't know what to say.

i am not comparing wolves to bayern... i am comparing their chances against barca which would be about the same cause it doesnt matter if bayern have better players then wolves, at the end of the day they are still not even close to barca and they would need a miracle to beat barca. do you get what i am getting at

if barca show up they would destroy bayern, end of. doesnt matter how bayern play
    What I'm trying to say as well. Whatever tactics you play against other teams teams work well, but against Barcelona as much as I dislike them you will end up playing their game in a Champions league final and that is basically:

Run....run.....run....get tired.....sit back......get picked apart.....pick ball out of net......pick ball out of net x2.....get a break away.......pick ball out of net x3.......half time.......run.....sit back......pick ball out of net x4.......get a consilation.......pick up losers medal......watch them walk past you as you honour them like they walked passed your defence....they pick up trophy.....you try again next year UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012 - Page 2 881856
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:11 am

drivescore wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:it doesnt matter, they arent even top in a league that is far weaker then la liga

Weaker League? Aside from the Top 2 of La Liga which Bayern can compare with but no other team can the rest of the league is of a much higher quality than La Liga.
    Valencia, Bilbao, Atlético >>> Dortmund, Gladbach, Schalke
    People seriously understimate La Liga's 'other' teams, there isn't a big gap between Real/Barca and the rest because the league is poor but because the top 2 who are outstanding
    Athletic beat the English champions and current leaders comfortably at home while sitting at 7th in the table atm.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:18 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    drivescore wrote:

People seriously understimate La Liga's 'other' teams, there isn't a big gap between Real/Barca and the rest because the league is poor but because the top 2 who are outstanding
    Athletic beat the English champions and current leaders comfortably at home while sitting at 7th in the table atm.
    I do agree with your post, but Dortmund are better than the 3 spanish teams you stated.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:36 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    I do agree with your post, but Dortmund are better than the 3 spanish teams you stated.
    Only on paper and that's arguable.

Dortmund can't perform in Europe. We will see if they can fix that next season.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 am

Dortmund are better than all 3.
    Shalke are a quality side, they reached the UCL semi finals.
    Gladbach are not good if you look at their team sheet but they way they play is amazing, they defend together, attack at pace and play some glorious football.

Based on this seasons performances I would say Dortmund>Valencia>Gladbach>Athletico>Bilbao=Shalke

You talk about underrating La Liga but lots of people underrate The Bundeliga as well.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Post by drivescore Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:40 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:I do agree with your post, but Dortmund are better than the 3 spanish teams you stated.
    Only on paper and that's arguable.

On paper Gladbach are probably the worst of the six but if you watch them play you will see that's not the case.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:49 am

drivescore wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:Only on paper and that's arguable.

On paper Gladbach are probably the worst of the six but if you watch them play you will see that's not the case.
    By that same argument, Legia Warszawa is as good as these clubs. Laughing

I've seen Gladbach play, they are a fantastic side and I have tons of respect for, as I do for Dortmund (i've watched every game of theirs since the new year) but as good sides as they are, they are only equal if not slightly weaker than Valencia, Atletico and Athletic and will remain so until they prove otherwise in Europe.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:02 am

I watch Bundesliga too, and Gladbach are nice to watch, hope to see them in the CL next season, looks likely since Bundesliga has 4 spots now.

Dortmund have been dreadful in Europe to say the least for the past two seasons, out in the EL group stage and last in their CL group behind Olympiakos this season. I think they just don't have enough depht for Europe.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:36 am

Against us in both matches they dominated, it's finishing teams off in Europe they found difficult this year. They got complacent against Marseille and only beat Olympiakos at home. They'll know doubt be more prepared next season.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:18 am

Other than being knocked out early in the Cypriot Cup APOEL is very solid and not a team to mess with.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:20 am

I do hope APOEL win the CL.

That would mean the only team close to knocking the champions out would be Wisla Krakow. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:58 am