Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Danny
Paulinho
Uncle John from Jamaica
Jeff
Zzonked
Mal
Schnix
Kuled
RubyArmyCTFC
drivescore
Carlos Jenkinson
Weather130
SBSP
Sean
Mario
Muhkoo
Lux
The Zlatan
Gegilworld93
Marvin
Andy
Phadunkin Donuts
Cristiano
chiboygeorge
Barton
Theo Filippo
30 posters

UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012

Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012

Post by Mario Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:50 am

This Barcelona best in history? When did you start watching football?
    Schnix
    Schnix

Supports : AS Roma, AC Siena, any Bundesliga club but Bayern

UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Draw | March 16, 2012

Post by Schnix Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:02 am

Mario wrote:This Barcelona best in history? When did you start watching football?

if you're referring to me, i said best in the world not in history

if you're not referring to me, i apologize. i really don't wanna start one of these arguments. everyone's entitled to their own opinion. imo current barca is definitely the best club team in the world atm
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Formerly known as : NiTRO
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by Cristiano Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:52 am

Schnix wrote:
    if you're referring to me, i said best in the world not in history

if you're not referring to me, i apologize. i really don't wanna start one of these arguments. everyone's entitled to their own opinion. imo current barca is definitely the best club team in the world atm
    Na he wasn't referring to you...
    Schnix
    Schnix

Supports : AS Roma, AC Siena, any Bundesliga club but Bayern

Post by Schnix Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:53 am

my bad then Embarassed
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:10 am

Mario wrote:This Barcelona best in history? When did you start watching football?

Suspect

It's always being discussed if this current Barca team is the best there ever was. If you think there was a better team, fair enough. But it's not an out of this world claim.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:44 am

Several of the dream team people from the 90s have said that this team is better than they were, which has to be true the 90s team didn't win much in Europe, a super cup trophy is all along with the Spanish titles (no copa del rey), and that team quit their winning streak when Cruijff broke the team and Laudrup switched to Real Madrid.

And it is without a doubt much better than the Deco & Ronaldinho Barcelona of the mid 2000s.

If it is the best club team in the world ever, that is a different and possibly outrageous claim, i don't think it would be realistic to compare them to club football before 90s it is a very different game from that you watch how teams defend in old games it looks nothing like how the best teams would defend today. No one in their right mind could make the claim that fantastic club teams from different areas was the best team ever, you can't pit them against each other they were only better than the best teams of that era, like the Real Madrid of the 60s, Ajax total football in the early 70s, Bayern in the mid and later 70s as well as maybe Milan in the early 90s.

I would go as far to say that the Barcelona team since 2008 up until now and how long it can last is the best team of the last 20 or so years but comparing them realistically to teams before that would be illogical . I think the whole "serious" discussion about this is a bit of a farce as well as the discussions about the best players ever, you can only really compare a player to what he is up against when is playing, Messi is well at the same lengths ahead of the players he is playing against as Maradona was when he was playing or Cruijff for that matter, maybe even how Pele was ahead of whoever he was playing against (I remember to include Pele for Pep, he might get angry)

Not to go too much off topic, looking forward to APOEL - Madrid, the Cypriots got this !
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Muhkoo wrote:Several of the dream team people from the 90s have said that this team is better than they were, which has to be true the 90s team didn't win much in Europe, a super cup trophy is all along with the Spanish titles (no copa del rey), and that team quit their winning streak when Cruijff broke the team and Laudrup switched to Real Madrid.

And it is without a doubt much better than the Deco & Ronaldinho Barcelona of the mid 2000s.

If it is the best club team in the world ever, that is a different and possibly outrageous claim, i don't think it would be realistic to compare them to club football before 90s it is a very different game from that you watch how teams defend in old games it looks nothing like how the best teams would defend today. No one in their right mind could make the claim that fantastic club teams from different areas was the best team ever, you can't pit them against each other they were only better than the best teams of that era, like the Real Madrid of the 60s, Ajax total football in the early 70s, Bayern in the mid and later 70s as well as maybe Milan in the early 90s.

I would go as far to say that the Barcelona team since 2008 up until now and how long it can last is the best team of the last 20 or so years but comparing them realistically to teams before that would be illogical . I think the whole "serious" discussion about this is a bit of a farce as well as the discussions about the best players ever, you can only really compare a player to what he is up against when is playing, Messi is well at the same lengths ahead of the players he is playing against as Maradona was when he was playing or Cruijff for that matter, maybe even how Pele was ahead of whoever he was playing against (I remember to include Pele for Pep, he might get angry)

Not to go too much off topic, looking forward to APOEL - Madrid, the Cypriots got this !

I agree. It's tough to compare teams from different generations. But today's Barca is among the greatest teams of history. Just like Messi is among the greatest players to grace a pitch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:39 am