Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ShakerMatty
drivescore
Weather130
Andy
Theo Filippo
crump
Jess
Childish Logic
Phadunkin Donuts
Mouse
Uncle John from Jamaica
JamieB
MickStupp
Muhkoo
Kuled
Jeff
Danny
Laurencio
Barton
Jordi
George
Harrold
The Zlatan
Van Wolfswinkel
Gegilworld93
Ben
Jord
Grenade
VivaRonaldoLAD
Sean
Zzonked
35 posters

Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

Poll

Should they be banned?

[ 38 ]
    Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Bar_left57%Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Bar_right [57%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Bar_left6%Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 25 ]
    Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Bar_left37%Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Bar_right [37%] 

Total Votes: 67
    Poll closed
    Anonymous

Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Empty Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:57 am

King Carlos wrote:And is it not possible to identify someone by their avatar and sigs then? Surely when you see:

Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Sabrin10

You know it's Polksa?

Yeah, but he can have any other picture he wants in there. It doesn't need to be something as crass as that.
    Anonymous

Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Empty Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

You all misunderstood what I meant by that.

I'm not talking about how being on the forum benefits you. I'm asking what are the benefits of you being on here, for the general forum population. I wouldn't give a fuck if any of you left, and vice versa.
    Anonymous

BladeGunner wrote:I keep asking what the benefits are of keeping them and I receive no responses.

BladeGunner wrote:
    Sean wrote:

Or we see your name..

There are plenty of people with similar names like the Dans and the Jords. Without their avatars, things would be a lot more confusing.

I don't get it. You're saying no one is telling you what the benefits of keeping them are. But then you go and say that without their avatars, things would be a lot more confusing, meaning you want people to keep their avatars?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:58 am

King Carlos wrote:And is it not possible to identify someone by their avatar and sigs then? Surely when you see:

Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars - Page 3 Sabrin10

You know it's Polksa?

And you always wonder if there is a dick hiding down there.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:58 am

They're sleazy, inappropropriate, tacky and embarrassing for people who use the forum in public.

Use adblocker though, it's what i've done for gifs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:59 am

Cam wrote:I don't mind it in avatars, but not in big signatures like that

This.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 am

Scott. wrote:You all misunderstood what I meant by that.

I'm not talking about how being on the forum benefits you. I'm asking what are the benefits of you being on here, for the general forum population. I wouldn't give a fuck if any of you left, and vice versa.

I participate in discussion and contribute to the activity of the forum. Without me, or any other active member, the forum would have lost a partial amount of activity and hence it is very important to keep the members.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:02 am

A forum is only as good as its members.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:02 am

King Carlos wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:I keep asking what the benefits are of keeping them and I receive no responses.

BladeGunner wrote:

There are plenty of people with similar names like the Dans and the Jords. Without their avatars, things would be a lot more confusing.

I don't get it. You're saying no one is telling you what the benefits of keeping them are. But then you go and say that without their avatars, things would be a lot more confusing, meaning you want people to keep their avatars?

I didn't say I wanted to get rid of all avatars... I said I want partial nudity in avatars and signatures to be banned.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:03 am

Scott. wrote:I think people are just mad because every time they see a half nude picture, they're reminded of something they'll never get, and it depresses them.

obvioustroll

Behave.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:03 am

This forum is full of shit members though rofl You guys honestly think this is a good discussion forum?

It's all about personal vendettas and trolls.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 am

I couldn't give a fuck either way, most people change their avatars every couple of days/weeks anyway so you can't really identify someone by their sig/ava because they are always changing beside a certain few; Ahly, RR, Ben
    Anonymous

Scott. wrote:This forum is full of shit members though rofl You guys honestly think this is a good discussion forum?

Fucking hell. Says you!
    Anonymous

Scott. wrote:This forum is full of shit members though rofl You guys honestly think this is a good discussion forum?

Sadly, that has been a trend lately on this forum. But there are still several good members that bring something good to the table.

And if it's all about trolling, then you are admitting to taking part of this behavior instead of doing something useful.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:10 am

I didn't exclude myself in it, but you're no better Alhy. When you respond to me, it's always in a certain 'tone'. You like to add a jibe at me here and there. You're one of those people I'm talking about.

If you really wanted good discussion, you'd ignore me or respond to me politely, etc. But instead, you're sarcastic and take jabs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:12 am

Scott. wrote:I didn't exclude myself in it, but you're no better Alhy. When you respond to me, it's always in a certain 'tone'. You like to add a jibe at me here and there. You're one of those people I'm talking about.

If you really wanted good discussion, you'd ignore me or respond to me politely, etc. But instead, you're sarcastic and take jabs.

I'm not taking a jibe at you. It's a serious question. I don't see why anyone who see no benefits from this forum remains a member unless they are taking part in the trolling.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:14 am

I think on the subject of trolls it's come to the point where the phrase 'If you can't beat them, join them' can be used. It's what a select few members have started to become lately. Have a look at the Rooney vs Van Persie thread. That is a classic example of trolling that is being ignored simply because it's behind behind a mask. A mask that makes it seem like a legit discussion thread. But the first 3 pages are all on how RR used his words and images in the OP.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:14 am

"Does it ruin your reputation and make people think you are actually involved in discussions rather than maintaing your obsession with women?"

Wasn't a jab?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:14 am

Fuck that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:15 am

Scott. wrote:"Does it ruin your reputation and make people think you are actually involved in discussions rather than maintaing your obsession with women?"

Wasn't a jab?

I'm talking about the last post.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:16 am

Polska's sig is no worse than what you would see in your average underwear billboard/commercial. Saying that, I don't really think Polska bases his entire identity on that one picture in the sig, so I doubt he would find it incredibly difficult to change it for something else.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:16 am

Oh no, ahly. You're talking to him in a certain tone. You're ruining the forum.

Who's being a fucking pansie now? Dickhead.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:18 am

It's not much of a big deal for me anyway since i don't use this forum in public.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:20 am

Yah, people still don't realize I've spent the last 3 months trolling that Conor guy and the other SPL people. I bet they think I am serious as well. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:20 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Scott. wrote:"Does it ruin your reputation and make people think you are actually involved in discussions rather than maintaing your obsession with women?"

Wasn't a jab?

I'm talking about the last post.

I wasn't talking about your last post, I was talking about in general. Not that I care, just making a point.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:21 am

BladeGunner wrote:Oh no, ahly. You're talking to him in a certain tone. You're ruining the forum.

Who's being a fucking pansie now? Dickhead.

rofl

Div.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:21 am

Laurencio wrote:Polska's sig is no worse than what you would see in your average underwear billboard/commercial. Saying that, I don't really think Polska bases his entire identity on that one picture in the sig, so I doubt he would find it incredibly difficult to change it for something else.
    I don't want to though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:22 am

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:

Yah, people still don't realize I've spent the last 3 months trolling that Conor guy and the other SPL people. I bet they think I am serious as well. Laughing

Just like how you were "joking" with RR when you two got in a heated debate about UK v Poland?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 am

Talking of jibes Scott, you can't talk. Look at your response to my thread

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t12342-what-do-you-use-to-browse-the-forum

Completely unnecessary and makes you look like a tosser
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 am

The Maestro wrote:Talking of jibes Scott, you can't talk. Your post in my thread is the perfect example

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t12342-what-do-you-use-to-browse-the-forum

Completely unnecessary and makes you look like a tosser

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 am